Taxi, tuk-tuk drivers rally in Patong to protest “baht bus” plans

webfact

30 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I did post when this 1st appeared and it won't take long before the Tukkie Taxi starts threatening and intimidating baht bus drivers. Wait in a few weeks the next report will be Taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers are blocking roads to prevent tourists's getting on the Baht bus.

Doubt it since the deadline for bids is end of November.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

my mob?

im no football hooligan !

and as far as im aware english taxi drivers dont mug, assault, harass and rip off their customers on a regular basis. There are laws in England.

I'll explain it to you when you reach puberty.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good that they protest. As long as they only protest nobody gets hurt.

I don't want to think about the "health issues" for drivers of baht busses in the future. 

I remember reading the news a couple years ago, when last time they established a bus service. The bus drivers were beaten up by the thugs, which ended the bus service very quickly. I presume that this was not just a protest, but also a 'warning' to any potential drivers...

• Like 1

Just now, observer90210 said:

Very true Sir...and it's always just so pathetic to hear and see foreigners moaning and accepting to pay the cheating prices on the pretext that it costs less back home or there or elsewhere. You do not compare with prices back in farang homeland. You compare to what is comparable, in Thailand, on considering local spending power, salaries etc. Often it those mindless tourists or foreigners just payin'up who also create inflation. Not saying to argue, last thing to do with a taxi-tuk tuk criminal.

Just smile, say No and walk away...and use public transport, skytrain, Bolt or Uber depending in which country or region you are.

Wow.

This guy!

where have you been all my life 😄 

there are some complete fools about mate. Don’t ever suffer them :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I remember reading the news a couple years ago, when last time they established a bus service. The bus drivers were beaten up by the thugs, which ended the bus service very quickly. I presume that this was not just a protest, but also a 'warning' to any potential drivers...

You forgot, they also like to smash the windscreen and windows of the bus while passengers are still aboard.

• Thumbs Up 1