Where to buy beef

Iamloki

Hello. This query was triggered by a advert for a specific company offering pasture fed, but grain finished beef.

Does anyone know where I might find grass fed, and grass finished beef with no added hormones, antibiotics etc. etc.

Thanks in advanced.

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

I generally couldn't give a <deleted> how great and inexpensive pork or chicken are in Thailand or what other people prefer to eat when I ask a specific question like where to buy beef in Thailand.

Yeah, well there you go. I've been buying been in Thailand of and on for over twenty years and I have almost always been disappointed. I see guys making recommendations and they never pan out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I think the ground beef in makro Pattaya is bland and tasteless, but the one on Phuket was amazing. The quality (and price) seem to differ in each location.

Never had it in Phuket, but it's cr*p in Bangkok. 

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

Makros got some good stuff in at the minute!

Thanks Bob. My issue with Macro (and others in LOS) is that what they have today may be gone tomorrow... and who knows if/when it come into stock again. I'm looking for a source a bit more reliable. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Lawsons food, and beverage in Buriram frequently has high-quality beef, and they ship across the country. I was kind of asking the same question and I stumbled across them on Facebook. I personally haven’t purchased there yet, but will be in the next couple of weeks. I’ve been watching there posts and keeping track of the kinds of inventory they have.  they have a very good inventory in my opinion and it seems to be fairly consistent. I do I do think most of their meat is imported from New Zealand or Australia.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:13 AM, Iamloki said:

They look like they have what I need. Thank you!!

On 11/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, well there you go. I've been buying been in Thailand of and on for over twenty years and I have almost always been disappointed. I see guys making recommendations and they never pan out. 

Bangkok Beef Facebook group.  Send Greg Lange a message with your order.  He’s the beef kingpin for sure.  You will laugh at all the other offerings after seeing his beef and prices.

here’s the current list of beef.  You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qgQecYDx6Ufjy4r5PDdA0s3O1B8relJx/view?fbclid=IwAR3dLntJSYCWRHWTQS1VbZYg5yjwl8Ty4OsPULrU-xlJH-0OVzxwbcyGe8c

• Thumbs Up 2

There is no such thing as "grass fed beef". This is what I call "soft" language that disguises things that are not what they really are, to give the impression of people caring about animals!

Beef (doesn't eat anything) is what remains from cows that have been deprived of their natural instincts, mercilessly slaughtered and chopped up to provide meat that will keep you alive while slowly killing you.

Yes, I know you like it and so did I at one time.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

There is no such thing as "grass fed beef". This is what I call "soft" language that disguises things that are not what they really are, to give the impression of people caring about animals!

Beef (doesn't eat anything) is what remains from cows that have been deprived of their natural instincts, mercilessly slaughtered and chopped up to provide meat that will keep you alive while slowly killing you.

Another holier than thou transformed vegetarian no doubt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Try saying that to the cattle I’ve seen in the State I’m from where they eat grass in the pasture all year round 

On 11/5/2023 at 2:26 PM, ChrisKC said:

While you can eat beef from cows... most of what we purchase comes from steers. What makes you think that grass fed and finished does not exist?

5 hours ago, Iamloki said:

While you can eat beef from cows... most of what we purchase comes from steers. What makes you think that grass fed and finished does not exist?

Perhaps English isn't your first language. Allow me to help you!

Cows or "steers" is irrelevant to my point.  Cows and steers eat grass and therefore they can be said to be grass fed!

But "beef"  does not eat grass because it is dead! Only live animals can be fed. I do not say that "grass fed" and "finished" do not exist!

All of my original comment remains valid!