How to apply and pay for Youtube premium

rumak

Anyone done it recently ?      What kind of content is there ?   ( just movies and older TV series or ??  )

Is it worth it ,  and what is current  cost . (I want just the basic ...... nothing fancy  )

thanks,   rumak

Edited by rumak

Edit:  I guess not.  Oops.

Presumably you mean YouTube TV?

Here's a list of channels:

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/#base-plan

"YouTube TV is $72.99/mo for 1 membership with up to 6 household accounts. Memberships include national and local networks, our collection of on-demand movies and shows, and more. We also include unlimited cloud DVR storage space. And, of course, there are no hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments. See how we stack up against competitors.

And for an additional monthly charge, get a few more premium add-on networks like HBO Max™, SHOWTIME®, and STARZ ®."

Edited by TheAppletons
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Bt.159.

Same content (AFAIK) as free youtube.... but no Ads.

Worth it, for me yes.

thanks..... do you have a link where i sign up ?     my google search was confusing .

Just now, TheAppletons said:

Presumably you mean YouTube TV?

Here's a list of channels:

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/#base-plan

"YouTube TV is $72.99/mo for 1 membership with up to 6 household accounts. Memberships include national and local networks, our collection of on-demand movies and shows, and more. We also include unlimited cloud DVR storage space. And, of course, there are no hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments. See how we stack up against competitors.

And for an additional monthly charge, get a few more premium add-on networks like HBO Max™, SHOWTIME®, and STARZ ®."

i'm in Thailand !      159 baht/month is the cost ,  i believe 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another benefit apart from ad free is you can listen to the sound in the background rather than have to have YouTube on

Simply turn your monitor off on anything. and the sound should continue.

But the whole idea of You Tube is that it is a video streaming platform.

If you simply want music non-stop, turn a radio program on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Furioso said:

Can you purchase "YouTube TV" outside the U.S.? 

many members here (thailand) have it ........  i just cannot find WHERE  one clicks to get it 

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another benefit apart from ad free is you can listen to the sound in the background rather than have to have YouTube on

how about telling me how you got to subscribe    LOL

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ralf ......... you have hit the jackpot !     So simple when one can find the darn site .    I had typed in  Youtube premium in Thailand but just got many other ads or whatever.

So,   "trial month"  then 159 baht/month  .    ( we use true money wallet ,  so even credit card safeguarded _

thanks for your help        rumak

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

Ralf ......... you have hit the jackpot !     So simple when one can find the darn site .    I had typed in  Youtube premium in Thailand but just got many other ads or whatever.

So,   "trial month"  then 159 baht/month  .    ( we use true money wallet ,  so even credit card safeguarded _

My monthly 159 comes off my phone.

23 minutes ago, rumak said:

If you are absolutely determined to pay, you can perhaps follow Ralf001’s suggestion if you have AIS too; https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/package/exclusive-plan/youtube-premium

They have a 89 baht option if you don’t need the Music application. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I pay for YouTube Premium cos I watch a lot of different stuff on it from  concerts to documentaries and a load of other stuff and it's worth it to get rid of the annoying ads. For example in this world of no instructions being included in, say, a new printer, there'll be a YouTube vid on it, like most other things. Plus, as has been mentioned elsewhere, you get YouTube music, which I also use a lot, so to me it's well worth the money.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeh 159 a month. 

Like a lot of these online services you get it for half the price of your mates at home in the west.

No ads. YouTube music. Background play. Ability to download and save anything.

Yes there's some workarounds for both those things but a few dollars a month isn't much in my opinion.

I use it extensively and when I see people using YouTube with these massive ads I want to smash my face with a rock.

I did notice when travelling that ads in Australia now seem much more frequent than I remember them in the Thailand free version.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:57 PM, rumak said:

that link has no info at all about how to  SUBSCRIBE  ???    crazy

Open Youtube on your computer

Click your user icon in the top right of the screen

In the menu that appears click on - Purchases and Memberships

You should see Offers from YouTube with Premium being one of the offers 

If you are on your Phone the first thing to click is your user icon but it will be at the bottom right of the screen, then click the settings icon (a gear shape at the top right) and again go to Purchases and Memberships.

Hope that helps.

YouTube Premium removes the ads from videos, it also gives you some premium content although I don't think I've ever watched any.  It also give you another app called YouTube Music which is a nice music only player where you can create playlists etc. 

Also with Premium you can turn off your phone screen and the music or video will keep playing so you can hear without the screen on.  This is great if your phone is in your pocket and you are using headphones to listen.   Normally Youtube stops playing if the screen is off.

6 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Open YouTube, select your profile and one of the options is "Get YouTube Premium".

works like that on gf phone....... but no option for that on my pc profile .      thanks,  i got it by going to link provided earlier

for anyone still offering suggestions.... i did try most of them before starting this thread.

for someone NOT already subscribed to youtube premium ............. the link which Rolf supplied opened up 

a very CLEAR and Simple   choice page .    I clicked on Individual and  that was it .    free one month.... email confirmation sent.......      https://www.youtube.com/premium

NOTE:  now that i have premium ,  if i click on that link it does NOT  show all plans,  but rather tries to move me to family plan  ( click on "see all plans" no results) 

Edited by rumak