Pattaya Air Suffers ‘Worst’ PM2.5 Hazardous Dust Level

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —Pattaya holds the top spot for the highest PM2.5 health-hazardous dust level as of November 5th, 2023.

The concentration of extra-small particles has surged to 154 micrograms per cubic meter in Pattaya, far above the safety threshold of 50 micrograms per cubic meter, according to the IQAir website on November 5th, 2023.

AQI (Air Quality Index) levels surpassing 100 fall into the “unhealthy” (red) category, while those exceeding 200 are classified as “very unhealthy” (purple). Beyond 300, they are deemed “hazardous.”

The province in Thailand with the highest levels of pollution was Samut Sakhon province. Additionally, areas in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, and Samut Prakan were also noted for elevated levels.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

When I think every small village in Thailand has at least one or more people making charcoal, the government should be looking outside the tourist spots and try to come up with a better idea other than passing the buck until next year at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any analysis of what these particles are?  And where do they come from?  Is a clue maybe in those unusual clouds in the photo?  Why often is the Thai sky silver?  Is it just me that has observed that before 2016 the sky was blue with puffy white clouds?

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Hard to believe where I live on the Darkside. I look up and see blue skies and puffy white clouds.

I suspect you don't have a modern, popular, impulse purchase, desk-top air quality widgets and you rely on your mark one eyeballs instead. 

25 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I suspect you don't have a modern, popular, impulse purchase, desk-top air quality widgets and you rely on your mark one eyeballs instead. 

You see the photo of Pattaya shown with dirty skies? All I'm saying is it's hard to see anything like that level of pollution where I live. Not saying there isn't any, but definitely not to that level.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by giddyup

41 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Hard to believe where I live on the Darkside. I look up and see blue skies and puffy white clouds.

I also live on the Darkside, and yes, it's puffy white clouds, blue skies and some haze, yet Pattaya central is worse.

https://www.iqair.com/th-en/air-quality-map/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

Edited by bbko

5 hours ago, PeterA said:

When I think every small village in Thailand has at least one or more people making charcoal, the government should be looking outside the tourist spots and try to come up with a better idea other than passing the buck until next year at the same time.

They have no ideas.