American woman sexually assaulted in Bangkok

snoop1130

15 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

What exactly did he do?

It says sexual assault and then calls him a rapist.

Did he actually rape her or did he assault her? 

Quality journalism, as always.

Quality Asean Now poster's (lack of) knowledge, as always.   Any penetration with anything, without consent, can be considered to be rape.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Girls can change their mind, many guys don't seem to realise that

She can change her mind and ask him to leave before they get into bed together. Perhaps after that, the lines become blurry. You weren’t there, so you don’t know. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

She can change her mind and ask him to leave before they get into bed together. Perhaps after that, the lines become blurry. You weren’t there, so you don’t know. 

Even in bed they can change their mind, you should know that, lines aren't blurry at all except to certain men

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Even in bed they can change their mind, you should know that, lines aren't blurry at all except to certain men

Lines are blurred my friend. You have no idea IF she said no and/or WHEN she said no. 
What is not blurry is TINDER/bar/bed…so either a ‘loose woman’ or a prostitute. 
What has it come to if we have to dissect a situation into a million split second decisions, then to convict someone on the basis of that?

What about the girls who love ‘rough sex’? What about the girls who say “no…” on orgasm? Have you ever met a woman? Please stop posting nonsense. 

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I wrote earlier and I’m sure that I’m not alone. But I’ve had many girls trying it on whilst I been asleep or even ‘asleep’. Shall we label them as ‘rapists’?

It’s not clear if sexual intercourse has even taken place, but the ‘barely thinking’ are already up in arms. 
Until there is more information, it’s ridiculous to blame him for trying it on under the described circumstances. 
I wouldn’t do it, but perhaps others are more impulsive and excitable. Like the dog that wants to hump your leg. 

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Quality Asean Now poster's (lack of) knowledge, as always.   Any penetration with anything, without consent, can be considered to be rape.

I didn't see anything in the article about penetration. 

Could you point that part out to me?

• Sad 1

So far, I have seen only “sexual assault”. I don’t think you can complain about someone trying it on sexually if you meet them on TINDER, head to a bar and then back to the girl’s apartment. 

Would your girlfriend act in that way, Celsius?

Of course you would be appalled. So two appalling people met each other…and the outcome wasn’t good. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, paying the bin at the bar, gives a man the right to rape. I can hear that fits right in with the male Thai society.

How do you know the guy have a small penis? Have you dated him too?

What is ridiculous regarding a rape claim?

Of course rape is a horrible crime, but a person has to be crazy to invite an unknown man / woman into their home to spend the night and not expect some kind of unwanted outcome. She could have been beaten, robbed, murdered , and very lucky she wasn’t. 

49 minutes ago, NextG said:

So far, I have seen only “sexual assault”. I don’t think you can complain about someone trying it on sexually if you meet them on TINDER, head to a bar and then back to the girl’s apartment. 

Very old fashion thinking,maybe you are 70+ after all. Police think differently to you it seems

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I didn't see anything in the article about penetration. 

Could you point that part out to me?

Certainly.  From the OP...

"...the suspect allegedly sexually assaulted her against her will. The victim then managed to evict the alleged rapist..."

Rape requires penetration of any kind.  To allege rape, by definition, also alleges penetration.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Very old fashion thinking,maybe you are 70+ after all. Police think differently to you it seems

Perhaps the police have more information than I do. I’m going off the information in the public domain. How about you?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Certainly.  From the OP...

"...the suspect allegedly sexually assaulted her against her will. The victim then managed to evict the alleged rapist..."

Rape requires penetration of any kind.  To allege rape, by definition, also alleges penetration.

Again, without going into too much detail, that doesn’t have to indicate full sexual intercourse. It could have just been a clumsy attempt to arouse her. 
Again, this isn’t clear-cut on the evidence presented. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did you miss the part in the OP where he was referred to as "the alleged rapist"?

Perhaps you don't understand what constitutes rape.

Yes, it could man that “she” alleges rape, but so far the evidence stretches to sexual assault. Note they don’t state alleged sexual assault. Likely because he admits to going there to have sex. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

Perhaps the police have more information than I do. I’m going off the information in the public domain. How about you?

I'm going by the same info as you, you seem to think because he met her on tinder she deserves it, how about if her skirt was a bit short? Good job you aren't a judge, stick to SIM deals you seem to know about that

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NextG said:

But is it *unnatural* for him to want to have sexual relations with her? We weren’t there, so don’t know what actually happened. But Tinder, met in a bar and then back to her place…

I don’t know what you’re saying. There’s a pretty big difference between wanting to have sex and being willing to assault someone against her will to get it.

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm going by the same info as you, you seem to think because he met her on tinder she deserves it, how about if her skirt was a bit short? Good job you aren't a judge, stick to SIM deals you seem to know about that

Deserves what, silly? This is the point you are skipping over. We have no idea what actions have taken place that are being described as sexual assault. I’m stating there are more possibilities other than just imagining the worst. Doesn’t mean that I think he’s a good guy. I’m suggesting that the ‘hang him high’, ‘women can do no wrong’ crowd should ‘cool their heels’ until there are some actual details of the alleged assault. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

As I wrote earlier and I’m sure that I’m not alone. But I’ve had many girls trying it on whilst I been asleep or even ‘asleep’. Shall we label them as ‘rapists’?

It’s not clear if sexual intercourse has even taken place, but the ‘barely thinking’ are already up in arms. 
Until there is more information, it’s ridiculous to blame him for trying it on under the described circumstances. 
I wouldn’t do it, but perhaps others are more impulsive and excitable. Like the dog that wants to hump your leg. 

That’s absurd -- if a man is “excitable” and behaves like a dog, that excuses his behavior? He is 100% responsible: if he is “excitable,” he has lots of options that don’t involve assaulting the woman. Even if the woman is “loose,” wearing sexy clothes, flirtatious, comes on a like a dog in heat herself, the moment she says “no” or pushes him away, that means stop.

10 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I don’t know what you’re saying. There’s a pretty big difference between wanting to have sex and being willing to assault someone against her will to get it.

But you have no idea that he forced her to do something against her will, do you? 
Was there a physical altercation? Does she have bruises? What does she allege happened? We don’t know any of that. 
I just see some people needing to get excited just by reading something. Doesn’t even need to be real. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

That’s absurd -- if a man is “excitable” and behaves like a dog, that excuses his behavior? He is 100% responsible: if he is “excitable,” he has lots of options that don’t involve assaulting the woman. Even if the woman is “loose,” wearing sexy clothes, flirtatious, comes on a like a dog in heat herself, the moment she says “no” or pushes him away, that means stop.

Doesn’t make the dog nor he a criminal. 
If he did it to a stranger, that isn’t acceptable. But to a girl whom you meet via an App, meet at a bar and then head back to her place. I think most men would think that was a yes. Do you believe that she told him before they left the bar that she said “no sex because I’m working tomorrow”. Does that sound plausible to you?

Even if she did say that whilst they were in bed together but he tried it on anyway… Does that make him a criminal?

That’s my point. Stop acting as if people are robots. They argue. They shout. They cannot always have a meeting of the minds.  The question is did his behaviour go beyond what one might consider an ‘acceptable’ level. 

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 1

What if (I'm not saying this is the case here), what if after starting consensual sex, his style was not to her liking (too rough, too big) and half way through she wants him to stop but he doesn't, is it then  assault/rape?

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

But you have no idea that he forced her to do something against her will, do you? 
Was there a physical altercation? Does she have bruises? What does she allege happened? We don’t know any of that. 
I just see some people needing to get excited just by reading something. Doesn’t even need to be real. 

According to the original article, the woman said that sexual assault occurred, and the man confessed to the crime and was arrested. That seems pretty clear to me; why do we need to know about her bruises, if any, for the purposes of general discussion? What’s weird, though, is that you’re bending over backward to defend this guy, casting doubt on the woman’s story even though he confessed.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Doesn’t make the dog nor he a criminal. 
If he did it to a stranger, that isn’t acceptable. But to a girl whom you meet via an App, meet at a bar and then head back to her place. I think most men would think that was a yes. Do you believe that she told him before they left the bar that she said “no sex because I’m working tomorrow”. Does that sound plausible to you?

Even if she did say that whilst they were in bed together but he tried it on anyway… Does that make him a criminal?

That’s my point. Stop acting as if people are robots. They argue. They shout. They cannot always have a meeting of the minds.  The question is did his behaviour go beyond what one might consider an ‘acceptable’ level. 

She said that he sexually assaulted her, and he confessed. Sexual assault is a crime. It's really that simple.