American woman sexually assaulted in Bangkok

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

She said that he sexually assaulted her, and he confessed. Sexual assault is a crime. It's really that simple.

It’s also criminal when accused unjustly. 
He isn’t denying what happened. But perhaps his story and perspective is completely different from

hers. How about his side of things?
I think the whole App thing is a bit creepy anyway. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

According to the original article, the woman said that sexual assault occurred, and the man confessed to the crime and was arrested. That seems pretty clear to me; why do we need to know about her bruises, if any, for the purposes of general discussion? What’s weird, though, is that you’re bending over backward to defend this guy, casting doubt on the woman’s story even though he confessed.

Erm… that could mean that he admitted to having tried to have sex with her. The rest is just your closed mind trying to oversimplify. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

There is law. There is morality. There is a woman's right to say "No".

There is also Darwin.

Meet a guy once and invite him to stay with you overnight is bucking for a Darwin Award. Sometimes it makes sense to put limits on one's own freedoms.

There are many things I can do, within the law and as my right, but would choose not to do because it could come back to get me. For example, I could draw and publish a cartoon that might offend some members of a faith enough that they would do me extreme physical harm. I would be limiting my own freedom to refrain, but wisely so.

What the woman did does not make her responsible, but damn...why would she put herself in that situation. Naivete is not a crime, but it can have consequences. I guess she never watched "Looking for Mr Goodbar".

You speak the imperial truth! The guy could have been a serial killer, unlikely, but possible, could of kidnapped her the possibilities of what could have happened are numerous.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, brianthainess said:

That has to be the Lamest excuse I've ever heard in my life, I don't condone rape, but really she must have fancied him to invite him back, why not say sorry but I'm not attracted to you in that way. I bet he payed the bin at the bar too. 

Glad to hear you don't condone rape because that is clearly what it was.  Certainly the young lady was naive and it is a hard and brutal lesson for her.  Fortunately it is something she can move on from and at least the guy may think twice in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Don't blame the woman , she is the innocent victim here.

Remember we are living in a woke world where men have no rights anymore. 

How about you don’t jump on the; misrepresenting the term ‘woke’ bandwagon?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I don't think I've even been to Huai Kwang but neither can I think of any tourist I know that's stayed there. It looks very close to Ratchada though................just saying :jap:

Going by the confused emojis, many don't know the Ratchada area too well.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

Ironic coming from you...was only a few weeks ago you made one of the worst comments I've seen on this forum re: the 12 year old Thai girl who'd been raped. You basically said it was her fault for not saying anything and were rightly called out for being a knuckle-dragger. 

If this comment gets me a temporary ban, so be it.  

Do you understand what you just said? The news you are referring to, was written after it had happened. In what way did I state it was her fault for not telling? Do you mean, that I meant she should have been telling before it happened. However, I did not say it was her fault, period. I just questioned why she didn´t tell anybody about what happened.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Do you understand what you just said? The news you are referring to, was written after it had happened. In what way did I state it was her fault for not telling? Do you mean, that I meant she should have been telling before it happened. However, I did not say it was her fault, period. I just questioned why she didn´t tell anybody about what happened.

I understand exactly what I said, I'm a native English speaker. You were roundly condemned by everyone who read your comment, bar none, despite your half-hearted attempt at back-pedalling after the event. Go back and re-read the thread if you want.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, geisha said:

Of course rape is a horrible crime, but a person has to be crazy to invite an unknown man / woman into their home to spend the night and not expect some kind of unwanted outcome. She could have been beaten, robbed, murdered , and very lucky she wasn’t. 

Yes, you just said that she was lucky to only get raped, then. Nice comment! :crazy:

So, even if she is crazy, which I can agree upon. Still she does not deserve to be raped.

1 minute ago, MarkyM3 said:

I understand exactly what I said, I'm a native English speaker. You were roundly condemned by everyone who read your comment, bar none, despite your half-hearted attempt at back-pedalling after the event. Go back and re-read the thread if you want.  

No need to do that. Very nice of you to be surprised over my approach regarding this news. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

I understand exactly what I said, I'm a native English speaker. You were roundly condemned by everyone who read your comment, bar none,

"You were roundly condemned by everyone who read your comment, bar none...".

Cobbler's.  For a NES your ability is not so hot, I didn't condemn him neither did a few others!

Ah Liverpool Lou operating in a parellel universe as ever. 16.7k posts of drivel lol. And I'm not surprised if you did agree with Gottfrid but you're on my ignore list so I wouldn't have seen it. I only read this comment since it was a direct reply to me. Jog on. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

In no way at all am I making any excuses for sexual assault, it is never appropriate under any circumstances. But why on Earth would the woman invite a complete stranger to stay over her house? This makes no sense. Sleep is probably the time in our lives where we are the most vulnerable, all bets are off, anything could happen.

One has to think in terms of survival and one has to engage in self protection at all times. She did not. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, brianthainess said:

That has to be the Lamest excuse I've ever heard in my life, I don't condone rape, but really she must have fancied him to invite him back, why not say sorry but I'm not attracted to you in that way. I bet he payed the bin at the bar too. 

Rape is rape. 

• Like 2