The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Being anti zionist has zero to do with being anti semitic. Loads of Jews demonstrating against israel's attacks on Palestine.

Never mind, keep on deflecting, but the world has been watching and the people of the world agree that there needs to be a ceasefire and unlimited aid to Gaza.

@thaibeachlovers

Zero To Do, Says Poster.

Maybe a bit more nuanced than that wide brush claim of yours, certainly quite obvious with some members of this forum.

Anti-Zionism and antisemitism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Anti-Zionism_and_antisemitism

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that it was "started off" in 1948 and has only gotten worse, I understand why they did what they did. I'm not saying it wasn't wrong, but IMO the oppression by the israelis for many decades made something like it inevitable. Treat people badly, humiliate them daily, deprive them of any hope for the future, murder their children, steal their land for illegal settlements under the protection of heavily armed soldiers, lock them up in the world's biggest prison and when they protest send in tanks and murder thousands of them, but expect them to not resist is hypocrisy writ large, IMO.

The biggest problem though, is that israelis are contaminated with hatred for Palestinians, and brutalised by having to serve in a military which is used primarily to oppress millions of people simply for being born Palestinian. That is called racism, where I'm from.

I doubt I can persuade you or any of your ilk to see things from a Palestinian point of view, but walking in someone else's shoes is the only way to understand them.

@thaibeachlovers

Just to be clear - in your opinion, Israelis are 'contaminated' with hatred toward Palestinians, and apparently this hatred does not have anything to do with Palestinian actions, attitudes, positions and so on. It's just hatred without cause and reason?

Seeing things from the Palestinian point of view is not a bad things, seeing things only from one angle is. That's what you do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I haven’t blocked you.

I’ve not read a single sensible post from your, or even a post that appears to be an attempt at sensible and considered.

Blocking you would deny me the opportunity to call out your parroting of rightwing extremist views, I would want to miss out on that. 

I never said you did block me, you at least seem to have a backbone, not like some thin skinned posters on here or bait posters who accuse everyone a troll when their feeble opinion is not in synch with my own. Recheck.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll give you one point for being honest about your Islamophobia

Why would celebrating Islam bringing peace to Europe be Islamophobia? Why would recognising that people's views change over the centuries and they begin to believe in what they had previously hated be a form of Islamophobia. What is wrong with you?

You have the dirty mind of a Beautiful Soul.

You obviously didn't read my comments on Israel versus Hamas. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

The fact that the individual was arrested whilst carrying a Union Jack is neither here nor there. He could just as easily been carrying a shopping bag. Neither action is a criminal offence.

The clip which you reposted claimed that the individual was arrested for flying a Union Jack. The onus is on you to supply supporting evidence to support this claim.

The onus is not on me to do anything, so stop this baiting!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Why would celebrating Islam bringing peace to Europe be Islamophobia? Why would recognising that people's views change over the centuries and they begin to believe in what they had previously hated be a form of Islamophobia. What is wrong with you?

You have the dirty mind of a Beautiful Soul.

You obviously didn't read my comments on Israel versus Hamas. 

Give it a rest

And why would I read your comments on anything other than the post I was replying to?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

why would I read your comments on anything other than the post I was replying to?

Because if you ascribe ideas onto another, then you should have a reason for possessing them beyond a wilful certainty of your goodness and the badness of others. This moral splitting is the argument of a child. An infantile defence to a complex world.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Because if you ascribe ideas onto another, then you should have a reason for possessing them beyond a wilful certainty of your goodness and the badness of others. This moral splitting is the argument of a child. An infantile defence to a complex world.

No what I do is read your post and respond to it.

If you have rely on any views you hold as defense of your post, include them I the post.

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you have rely on any views you hold as defense of your post, include them I the post.

Next time I will be sure to include my published essays, my interviews and my whole worldview in order that our beloved moral conscienceness of the World, namely Mr Chomper, is able to make his moral judgement of me.

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

Zero To Do, Says Poster.

Maybe a bit more nuanced than that wide brush claim of yours, certainly quite obvious with some members of this forum.

Anti-Zionism and antisemitism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Anti-Zionism_and_antisemitism

thaibeachlover is correct. It’s you trying to brush those wide strokes. Some of the oldest communities in ‘Israel’ are anti-Zionist. You are simply an extremist in your views. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Next time I will be sure to include my published essays, my interviews and my whole worldview in order that our beloved moral conscienceness of the World, namely Mr Chomper, is able to make his moral judgement of me.

Well now you see the absurdity of expecting anyone to include anything else you posted elsewhere before responding.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well now you see the absurdity of expecting anyone to include anything else you posted elsewhere before responding

I see the absurdity of somebody moral grandstanding without reason. You made a false inference, I pointed you out on it, you doubled down on it, and you still haven't apologised. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, NextG said:

thaibeachlover is correct. It’s you trying to brush those wide strokes. Some of the oldest communities in ‘Israel’ are anti-Zionist. You are simply an extremist in your views. 

I posted to the effect that the issue is more nuanced, rather than black and white - see the link attached. I do not suggest that there aren't Jews who are anti-Zionist, or that all anti-Zionist views are antisemitic. Reading comprehension issues?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the protest was peaceful you are IMO being melodramatic. The only problems were by right wing thugs trying to attack the protestors and easily dealt with by the cops, who arrested them.

Plus the right wing thugs were supposedly members and supporters of the "English Defence League".

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

I posted to the effect that the issue is more nuanced, rather than black and white - see the link attached. I do not suggest that there aren't Jews who are anti-Zionist, or that all anti-Zionist views are antisemitic. Reading comprehension issues?

It’s precisely due to me not having issues with reading comprehension, that I understood exactly the point being made by @thaibeachlovers and your subsequent attempt to muddy the waters with your entirely predictable claims of antisemitism. The refuge of scoundrels. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Because he's repeated it numerous times..........lol

Poor deflection as it seems that you have no idea of how many.

How many actually is many? 2, 5, 10, 20, more?

I have 6 pages but that goes back as far as 2004. Some may have died, some may have changed their screen names and re-invented themselves, some may just have left.

What I do know. is that I am starting to put more on ignore every year and I don't tell everybody each time I do it.

3 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The onus is not on me to do anything, so stop this baiting!

I'm not baiting you.

I asked you to provide evidence to support your claim that "... a man was arrested for having a Union Jack in his hands". 

Given your inability to support this claim, most rational people can now dismiss it as nonsense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

I'm not baiting you.

I asked you to provide evidence to support your claim that "... a man was arrested for having a Union Jack in his hands". 

Given your inability to support this claim, most rational people can now dismiss it as nonsense.

Do what you like with it, it was posted from social media as living in Thailand made it difficult for me to attend the peaceful march. :annoyed:

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It’s precisely due to me not having issues with reading comprehension, that I understood exactly the point being made by @thaibeachlovers and your subsequent attempt to muddy the waters with your entirely predictable claims of antisemitism. The refuge of scoundrels. 

@thaibeachlovers makes a wide-brush claim.

I make the case for a nuanced one.

You accuse me of making a wide-brush claim.

That's about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers makes a wide-brush claim.

I make the case for a nuanced one.

You accuse me of making a wide-brush claim.

That's about it.

Apart from your other posts that suggest that any support for the Palestinians is support for HAMAS military wing. 
For example, you suggesting that was anyone chanting “from the river to the sea”

That has nothing to do with HAMAS. That was adopted by the PLO in the ‘60s and is even used by ‘right wing’ Jews who want all of the land for themselves. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Apart from your other posts that suggest that any support for the Palestinians is support for HAMAS military wing. 
For example, you suggesting that was anyone chanting “from the river to the sea”

That has nothing to do with HAMAS. That was adopted by the PLO in the ‘60s and is even used by ‘right wing’ Israelis who want all of the land for themselves. 

I did not suggest a wide-brush claim as you claim.

As for the 'river-to-the-sea' - try harder. Some version of it was indeed used (maybe until the 80's or so) by some Israeli right-wingers, it's not something one often hears nowadays, though. As for it being used by the PLO - how does that contradict by comment? The PLO's original stance was not benign to Israel or Israelis either. How the slogan was used in the past does not have a whole lot of bearing on how it is used today.

Just now, Morch said:

I did not suggest a wide-brush claim as you claim.

As for the 'river-to-the-sea' - try harder. Some version of it was indeed used (maybe until the 80's or so) by some Israeli right-wingers, it's not something one often hears nowadays, though. As for it being used by the PLO - how does that contradict by comment? The PLO's original stance was not benign to Israel or Israelis either. How the slogan was used in the past does not have a whole lot of bearing on how it is used today.

PLO is not HAMAS and yes, they were there to represent Palestinians. Why should they be benign?

The point is chanting it is supporting Palestinians. Do you think everyone believes that ‘Israel’ is the victim?

You are wasting your time and mine. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that it was "started off" in 1948 and has only gotten worse, I understand why they did what they did. I'm not saying it wasn't wrong, but IMO the oppression by the israelis for many decades made something like it inevitable. Treat people badly, humiliate them daily, deprive them of any hope for the future, murder their children, steal their land for illegal settlements under the protection of heavily armed soldiers, lock them up in the world's biggest prison and when they protest send in tanks and murder thousands of them, but expect them to not resist is hypocrisy writ large, IMO.

The biggest problem though, is that israelis are contaminated with hatred for Palestinians, and brutalised by having to serve in a military which is used primarily to oppress millions of people simply for being born Palestinian. That is called racism, where I'm from.

I doubt I can persuade you or any of your ilk to see things from a Palestinian point of view, but walking in someone else's shoes is the only way to understand them.

I think you should read the history of this place starting much earlier than 1948.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hamas is a terrorist organization, there are no Government, Diplomatic, Trade or Investment links between the UK and Hamas.

Israel is a state, with which the UK has Government, Diplomatic, Trade or Investment links.

Terrorist organizations are subject to the checks and balances Governments are, or at least ought to be.

So people can't march against Hamas and other terror groups because of this? Sorry but that's a poor excuse. 

• Haha 1