+6970572961344883

Mika78

Not only can you block the number, you can also report it as spam, so that others will get the "suspected spam" message when it tries to call them.  I reject all numbers where this comes up.  If they really want to talk to me they'll call back, which they don't.

image.png.a89317add43983aced01f26416ce9034.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chuang said:

Been receiving such scam calls many many times, just ignore and block them..

Yes they are still coming..

Even though I'd blocked them the same numbers kept coming back time and again, phone and SMS, only solution I found was to remove the sim card.

• Confused 1

"Even though I'd blocked them the same numbers kept coming back time and again, phone and SMS, only solution I found was to remove the sim card. "

I had same problem but found easier trick that works: switch OFF and use ON only when calling.....

Been like that for 2 yrs. Zero spam calls -:)

• 8 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, lopburi3 said:

Spammer - do not accept

Avoid calls from numbers with +698/+697 prefix: NBTC

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40021975

I thought there was a more recent thread on these scam calls, but I've decided to add my post to this one, because of a scam call, but not as straightforward as it may seem!

I got a phone call from the Thai owner of my previous apartment, saying that she had received a call, in English, asking for me by my Christian name (and it's not xylophone!) And she had received the same call twice in the past few days, however she explained that she was Thai and that I was no longer living there.

Now here's the strange thing – – how would a scam caller know to telephone this lady's Thai number asking for me? I say that because the only time I have ever used her phone number in conjunction with my name is when I have been expecting a delivery of something or another and because the delivery person is usually Thai, I have given her number for them to contact when delivery is about to take place.

So somewhere along the line scammers have gotten hold of her number from ??? and the only places I can think of is where I've ordered something online from the likes of Lazada or similar and given her phone number as a contact point.

Perhaps folks should check their security on sites like Lazada to make sure that it is up to date.

Luckily I haven't had a call from this number, but for the record here is the number which tried to contact me: +6971015312896394. A very long number, so I'm not sure of its origin?

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So somewhere along the line scammers have gotten hold of her number from ??? and the only places I can think of is where I've ordered something online from the likes of Lazada or similar and given her phone number as a contact point.

Or immigration (TM30).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mika78 said:

Got twice a call from this number. Which country as +69 as country code? Anyone got a call from this number

The country does not matter. That number does not conform to international standards. It could be a leased line which would be different. However the +69 prefix relates to Southeast Asia and Oceania.

If you want to check a call number try this site https://www.unknownphone.com/?__cf_chl_tk=51qrtdpuXyPzzkl1B1YjhHXVPa7r.xlefthfstX5PR8-1721371019-0.0.1.1-3775

It does a reverse lookup and is free

Edited by Photoguy21

I've blocked all +697 numbers (option under the block menu to block a prefix) as they're all spam or scam calls.

Now I need to find an App that can block slimy, cockney, used car salesman accents to stop the pension/insurance sales call.

Edited by Kinnock