Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

And contrary to popular belief, banning someone is not an easy move either, certainly cannot be done on a whim.

Yep sure it's not easy, but it can also be they just leave, a warning or a 7 day holiday is enough for them to leave, as  a softly softly approach would be better and ramp up as a last resort, but I appreciate it's not easy, just a shame to chase people away. I remember leaving this forum for years after receiving a 7 day warning thing, unwarranted, 555

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep sure it's not easy, but it can also be they just leave, a warning or a 7 day holiday is enough for them to leave, as  a softly softly approach would be better and ramp up as a last resort, but I appreciate it's not easy, just a shame to chase people away. I remember leaving this forum for years after receiving a 7 day warning thing, unwarranted, 555

There's a joke there but I won't say it.

40 minutes ago, Morch said:

You're a victim. Sure. Just posting along and no idea why posters get upset with your 'contributions'.

I get it this is a feedback topic, but kinda funny seeing some people hell bent on derailing topics, or ignoring forum rules go on about 'law and order'.

Your reply confirms a specific part my previous post :

"Problem that I have with AN is that public bullying is at a much higher frequency than TV. This bullying includes (and not limited to) : targeting alone or in group of an individual, gaslighting, harassment, name calling, racism, stalking, threatening, framing to get suspended, etc. Just watch the last 10 pages of “Israel is at War” topic to have an impression."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't the clue in the title? "Pub Forum". When people have had a few beers often they get argumentitive and insulting to each other - so let them get on with it and use the other sub forums for, hopefully,:huh: more nuanced discussions. Why not a "Bar Brawl" sub forum just for them?

So many men, so many opinions (Blaise Pascal)

Edited by Negita43
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Your reply confirms a specific part my previous post :

"Problem that I have with AN is that public bullying is at a much higher frequency than TV. This bullying includes (and not limited to) : targeting alone or in group of an individual, gaslighting, harassment, name calling, racism, stalking, threatening, framing to get suspended, etc. Just watch the last 10 pages of “Israel is at War” topic to have an impression."

That's your point of view. Obviously, you don't reference the whole topic, which would undermine your 'point'.

Spin it whichever way - it's not like you've got much regard for forum rules, moderator warning and so on.

Going on about it now is disingenuous, but not surprising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's your point of view. Obviously, you don't reference the whole topic, which would undermine your 'point'.

Spin it whichever way - it's not like you've got much regard for forum rules, moderator warning and so on.

I've never seen your name before either.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

Gibberish. Political rants on non political topics are amongst the worst form of trolling. Having lunch with some political ranter must be the boring lunch ever.

I was making the point there are posters who have political views, who can also make useful contributions on entirely different topics. In your rush to judgment, you missed that aspect entirely, hence the wicketkeeper comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

How about a no holds barred thread and the swivel eyes loons can all lay into each other to their heart's content?

Actually a Good Idea,

If those who apply to enter the (nursery) aka

'No Limit No moderation' sub forum,

They have to stay there, and can't post in any other forums. Great idea.

Not likely, but can always dream.

Edited by Shop mak
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was making the point there are posters who have political views, who can also make useful contributions on entirely different topics. In your rush to judgment, you missed that aspect entirely, hence the wicketkeeper comment.

I disagree. The political ranters don't have much to offer. The O one case in point.

Edited by bignok

1 minute ago, Shop mak said:

Actually a Good Idea,

If those who apply to enter the (nursery) aka

Again, The Lounge is the closest you are going to get to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Actually a Good Idea,

If those who apply to entet the (nursery) aka

People will be googling "insults"

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

Bigbash is your typical trouble-causer and wrecks threads constantly People don't start new threads because he berates them and when you have a go back at him he abuses you reports you and ignores you.

If that is indeed true, please report the post/s.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a typical example of :

1. devaluating the original message of a poster

2. continuing repeated persecution on divers topics through guilt tripping and stalking

3. impersonating the AN authority by repeating to adhere to the rules, moderator warning, etc...to legalize the future report function and to generate a virtual warning

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1