Immigration and Police Conduct Nightlife Security Sweep in Nana Area

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This initiative, led by senior immigration and police officials, was designed to boost public confidence, ensure the safety of visitors, and preempt any disturbances, especially in light of potential international conflicts impacting Thailand.

I hope they inspected some of those garish Chinese-made 'massage devices' on sale at stalls all round that area to ensure that they don't electrocute the user. 

Edited by BKKBike09
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Funny how readers read Nana and immediately think of Soi 4 and post responses relating to that, when the report and photos clearly show they targeted Soi 3 and 3/1, the area favoured by Arabs. Maybe a sensible idea, considering the little skirmish going on the the Middle East.

Wonder how many of them on soi arab are actually here on legitimate visas 

I must admit that when i read it I thought they went to visit the girls at the entertainment center.  

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The operation involved X-ray screenings and detailed inspections

Are there no proof readers? So the cops now carry X-ray machines, and of course fully trained to use them, handy if you want a chest X-ray while out and about though, are they free?  :crazy::giggle::crazy: 

Encouraging news given the outbreaks of violence and volatile protests worldwide on the occasion of Israel's response to Hamas attacks.   Thailand getting in the vanguard of warding off possible violence and tragedies.

Bangkok has a sizable middle eastern population in and around that ghetto, Soi 3 and surrounds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

They should now pop down to Pattaya and check on the Indians who seem to be running lots of nightclubs in walking street and the huge number of Indian restaurants plus selling on stalls everywhere.

And in a subsequent post as you likely have done in the past you will no doubt complain about "racism" and discrimination directed at white westerners by Thai people, as you sit here literally promoting ethnic discrimination against darker skinned people. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

This initiative, led by senior immigration and police officials, was designed to boost public confidence, ensure the safety of visitors, and preempt any disturbances, especially in light of potential international conflicts impacting Thailand.

Which are?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Which are?

Maybe the 23 Thai hostages held in Gaza at the moment? (Not to mention all those murdered on Oct 7). Given the large presence of Thais in Israel and Thailand's past record in the Far South, crazies like Hamas and their supporters may see Thailand as being 'on the other side'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Wonder how many of them on soi arab are actually here on legitimate visas 

I must admit that when i read it I thought they went to visit the girls at the entertainment center.  

If they looked hard enough they'd find arabs with well underage young boys and girls.