Family friendly resort?

sambum

31 minutes ago, sambum said:

Do you think I'm a mind reader? The first mention of statistics was you asking me how I was getting on with finding them! And then you say you "let me off the hook"? I am so grateful for that, really! :sleepy: 

As I said in my last post I am fed up of all this bickering, and I do so hope that your previous post covers all you want to say, because I have also heard enough of what you want to say - can this be the end of it?  

Correct.  I wasn't the first poster to ask you to provide statistics.  That was vangrop:

Come on man before spitting the usual BS, give us at least some stats to support your theory

I was doing followup, asking how you were doing in finding those statistics vangrop asked for.  Since it's obvious, except perhaps to you, that there are no such statistics to be found, I drew things to a close on that by letting you off the hook, although without running it by vangrop first.  I think that sums it up, regarding your above post and, yes, let's end it at that.  

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

Correct.  I wasn't the first poster to ask you to provide statistics.  That was vangrop:

Come on man before spitting the usual BS, give us at least some stats to support your theory

I was doing followup, asking how you were doing in finding those statistics vangrop asked for.  Since it's obvious, except perhaps to you, that there are no such statistics to be found, I drew things to a close on that by letting you off the hook, although without running it by vangrop first.  I think that sums it up, regarding your above post and, yes, let's end it at that.  

Sorry, but I have to answer  "....Since it's obvious, except perhaps to you, that there are no such statistics to be found,...." Why "perhaps to you" when I have already said that I was not looking for any statistics?

Anyway, going by some of the replies on here it would seem that Pattaya is a bit like Marmite - you love it or hate it - you (and many others to be fair) obviously love it, and while I don't hate it, I (and a few others) don't look upon it as the be all and end all of holiday destinations! 

Enjoy your Nirvana!

55 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

that gets expensive quickly if you do it every day. almost everywhere you go you need to buy something to hang out and relax, especially when i lived in bangkok.

that's why i spend a bit more for a nice living space so i don't need to leave so often. a lot of thailand you need to buy something even to just sit down.

Very interesting post for ex pats!

You are quite right in some respects, but one of the first things I noticed in Thailand is that many restaurants and bars don't mind you taking in your own food - in fact, only a matter of days ago a couple came into my local bar/restaurant with some street food, and the manageress strode over and said "Would you like some plates for that? (And no, she wasn't being sarcastic!) Since then, the same couple have returned a few times - not always with food, but they obviously appreciate the "ambience" of the place, and the manageress has attracted a couple of new "regular" customers!

One thing's for sure - it wouldn't happen in the UK!!!

36 minutes ago, sambum said:

Sorry, but I have to answer  "....Since it's obvious, except perhaps to you, that there are no such statistics to be found,...." Why "perhaps to you" when I have already said that I was not looking for any statistics?

Anyway, going by some of the replies on here it would seem that Pattaya is a bit like Marmite - you love it or hate it - you (and many others to be fair) obviously love it, and while I don't hate it, I (and a few others) don't look upon it as the be all and end all of holiday destinations! 

Enjoy your Nirvana!

Who here had stated that it is the ‘be all and end all’? That’s a bit weird.
Another nutter that thinks something has to be the world’s best to be pleasant and acceptable?

The point newnative makes is that people are having more than acceptable life experiences in the region. If they were not, they might find somewhere else. Find your place and enjoy. Why do you feel the need to try to denigrate some place? Does it make you feel somewhat ‘superior’? 
You just seem ‘desperate’. 
Many families go to Pattaya and have a great time. It obviously hurts you to accept that, but I’ve met some of them and it’s true. Nothing needs to be perfect. You just need to be able to appreciate what is there. 
You couldn’t, so maybe that is a failure on your part. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, proton said:

Somethings need to be hated, Pattaya is one of them, nothing short of a national embarrassment. 

That’s just you, because that is all you see. 
The perfect example of not being able to see the forest, due to those annoying trees being in the way. 
Whereas others enjoy the many wonders of nature. 
So you enjoy being where you are and leave others to enjoy where they are. Why the need to conjure up hatred for something? You are only creating it and then attempting to spread it. Don’t be so ugly. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, proton said:

Somethings need to be hated, Pattaya is one of them, nothing short of a national embarrassment. 

I genuinely don't think that's true.  I know many Bangkok-based Thais who love visiting Pattaya for the weekend with their family.  Perhaps you need to experience a little more of the city and its environs.  

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I genuinely don't think that's true.  I know many Bangkok-based Thais who love visiting Pattaya for the weekend with their family.  Perhaps you need to experience a little more of the city and its environs.  

No thanks it's a dump, Bang Saen I don't mind, better beach, sea a bit cleaner and no 20k whores scattered around. Thais taking their families usually stick to the North and avoid the most degrading parts.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

It means that, in a single day, you could probably get intimate with several sisters, their mother and likely an aunt or two.

At one time I might have been physically able to! :-) 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

But it doesn’t occur to you that many people also avoid the most degrading parts?

Na Jomtien is also very popular. So what’s your point? Clearly those groups of people find Pattaya desirable or they wouldn’t visit at all. Same for expats. I don’t live amongst it and just pass it by every now and again. 
Whereas some rude idiot who lives elsewhere and who knows little or nothing, claims to know everything. 

It's funny how you call him rude whilst insulting him at the same time.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NextG said:

Who here had stated that it is the ‘be all and end all’? That’s a bit weird.
Another nutter that thinks something has to be the world’s best to be pleasant and acceptable?

The point newnative makes is that people are having more than acceptable life experiences in the region. If they were not, they might find somewhere else. Find your place and enjoy. Why do you feel the need to try to denigrate some place? Does it make you feel somewhat ‘superior’? 
You just seem ‘desperate’. 
Many families go to Pattaya and have a great time. It obviously hurts you to accept that, but I’ve met some of them and it’s true. Nothing needs to be perfect. You just need to be able to appreciate what is there. 
You couldn’t, so maybe that is a failure on your part. 

Is everyone here a nutter to you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, NextG said:

But it doesn’t occur to you that many people also avoid the most degrading parts?

Na Jomtien is also very popular. So what’s your point? Clearly those groups of people find Pattaya desirable or they wouldn’t visit at all. Same for expats. I don’t live amongst it and just pass it by every now and again. 
Whereas some rude idiot who lives elsewhere and who knows little or nothing, claims to know everything. 

He's allowed to not like it. Insulting a city is not rude. Insulting a person is.

Shame your parents never taught you any manners.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

He's allowed to not like it. Insulting a city is not rude. Insulting a person is.

Shame your parents never taught you any manners.

They did. They also taught me to ignore idiots. 
“20k whores” is not complimentary. Did your parents teach that sometimes it’s better to say nothing, than to spout endless claptrap?

It’s actually quite pleasing to see lines and lines of ‘You have chosen to ignore content from bignok’ knowing that I am somehow shielded from your bilge water. 

• Like 1

I've learned in my travels that with regard to how safe/unsafe an area is, a good indicator is whether the locals are comfortable bringing their own families/children and especially if the parents are letting their children run around having fun with other kids (vs. being clutched tightly by watchful parents just passing through on their way to someplace safer). 

One of the first things I noticed about the Jomtien night market area was that even around 9:00 p.m., there were many families with kids playing and running around on that little stage with the live music.  Also many families and apparent Thai (and Korean) tourists taking selfies at the Angry Birds park over on the beach, and Thai families relaxing all along the beachfront. 

To me that area seemed family-friendly with many families out enjoying it even after dark. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

They did. They also taught me to ignore idiots. 
“20k whores” is not complimentary. Did your parents teach that sometimes it’s better to say nothing, than to spout endless claptrap?

It’s actually quite pleasing to see lines and lines of ‘You have chosen to ignore content from bignok’ knowing that I am somehow shielded from your bilge water. 

I see they taught you nothing. You are just a rude non entity.