Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Firstly, I can't believe you are trying to justify the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by equating it to what the British rightly did in WW2.

The Nazis did not hide among Germans and many more German civilians supported the Nazis that Palestinians and Hamas.

International Humanitarian Law was only be formalized after World War II.

The Allies did not kill mostly children. etc

Sorry, Neerarum deleted his post, and this was the only way to quote it.

The question was the moral equivalence of the WWII Allied bombing campaign over Germany, and the IDF incursion in Gaza.

Neerarum rightly deleted his post, because it made no sense. For example:

"many more German civilians supported the Nazis that Palestinians and Hamas.".

Yeah, Neerarum has conducted public opinion polls in Gaza, for sure.

As for Germany, should the Allied bombing campaign have stopped the moment that Nazi support in the German population dropped below 80%? 60%? 50%? By what measure?

As for the Allies not killing mostly children, do IDF bombs somehow target differently than Allied bombs?

What the British "rightly" did in WWII, the IDF is doing in Gaza.

Same same.

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

There is no cleansing going on right now.

What else is blowing up as much infrastructure as possible and destroying as many homes as possible, cutting off food and water and medical supplies, if it's not ethnic cleansing?

Try looking at what is really going on- there's plenty of actual footage available.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's all you have to offer, I see no point in replying to anything you post again.

Some of us are trying to have a serious conversation, not post stupid deflections about nonsense.

@thaibeachlovers

I doubt many would describe your comments and posting style as "serious conversation, not post stupid deflections about nonsense.", but of course, you should keep trying.

And please, don't keep us in suspense - did he make it to your illustrious 'ignore' list or not? It would help if there were clear criteria published on how to be included.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No 1948 partition = no Israel.

In case you hadn't noticed, the israelis haven't kept to the 1948 borders, and they have almost entirely divided the West Bank into apartheid type bantustans ( like the white South Africans did ) where the Palestinians are attacked by settlers backed up by the army.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem to not comprehend that putting babies in microwaves is wrong, regardless of motivation.

Prove that or it's a filthy lie. One guy claiming to have seen it is not a credible source.

You need to link an article by a reputable source like the Red Cross or such like. Definitely not an israeli source.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you aren't capitalising the I is Israel, then why are you capitalising  the S and A in South Africa ?

If not capitalising letters  is part of your protest , are you supporting apartheid era South Africa ?

The man obviously hates Israel the one tiny Jewish dominated nation state in a world with a plethora of Muslim, Christian, and Buddhist dominated states with an extremist and irrational passion. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What else is blowing up as much infrastructure as possible and destroying as many homes as possible, cutting off food and water and medical supplies, if it's not ethnic cleansing?

Try looking at what is really going on- there's plenty of actual footage available.

Anyone performing ethnic cleaning usually omits the part where safe routes to safe havens are created.

Israel is going to scour North Gaza of Hamas, and then allow civilians back.

That's not what ethnic cleaning is.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What the British "rightly" did in WWII, the IDF is doing in Gaza.

Are you saying the israelis are carpet bombing like the British did in WW2?

Let's just say that the Brits did whatever possible to eliminate the Nazi regime, just like IDF is doing to eliminate Hamas.

And, no, the Brits were not attempting ethnic cleansing in Germany.

• Like 2

Israel is talking about creating a border buffer zone in Gaza. If they do, that would indeed mean Israel taking more land. On the other hand, based on October 7, they have a strong argument that such a buffer zone is needed. Washington is strongly opposed but what else is new?

I think we all know that whatever Israel does to castrate Hamas won't be complete. Why should Israel be forced to live with such an endless threat? Would any other country tolerate that?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Anyone performing ethnic cleaning usually omits the part where safe routes to safe havens are created.

Israel is going to scour North Gaza of Hamas, and then allow civilians back.

That's not what ethnic cleaning is.

Safe havens in GAZA???????????????

Have you not heard that there is NO SAFE HAVEN IN GAZA?

:w00t:

There isn't much left to go back to in the north after the israelis blew a lot of it up. Do you expect them to live in little caves in the rubble?

However, I'm prepared to wait and see if they do allow them back, so unless netanyahu phones you up for a chat every night you might want to wait and see what actually happens.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let's just say that the Brits did whatever possible to eliminate the Nazi regime, just like IDF is doing to eliminate Hamas.

And, no, the Brits were not attempting ethnic cleansing in Germany.

You are not answering the question again, so why do you even bother replying to me if you are just going to deflect?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Tell me about safe havens the Brits created for German citizens to avoid the Allied bombing campaigns. Or where the Brits expected the Germans to live after their housing was destroyed.

Yeah, the Allied bombing campaign was tough on the Germans, but the goal was to eliminate the Nazi regime. Just like IDF is trying to eliminate Hamas.

You are deflecting again and not answering my question, so I say again, if you are not going to do so why do you quote it and not answer it. Either answer the question or stop quoting me.

• Confused 1

You are not answering the question again, so why do you even bother replying to me if you are just going to deflect?

You are asking the specific question about British carpet bombing in WWII. I don't think they had the military capability for a sustained carpet combing attack. If they had, they would have used it to destroy the Nazi regime, regardless of civilian casualties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Sorry, I am not going to play the Holocaust Denier game of using the credibility of one report as the basis for casting doubt on a massive homicide.

It's pretty simple really, I ask a question and if you quote it you are expected to answer it. If you can't answer it because it wasn't true, you are not supposed to quote the question and deflect to something I didn't ask about.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are deflecting again and not answering my question, so I say again, if you are not going to do so why do you quote it and not answer it. Either answer the question or stop quoting me.

I expect the Gazans to do what German civilians did after the bombing stopped. They went back home and dealt with the rubble to create housing.

• Like 1

You are asking the specific question about British carpet bombing in WWII. I don't think they had the military capability for a sustained carpet combing attack. If they had, they would have used it to destroy the Nazi regime, regardless of civilian casualties.

I didn't ask if the British had a sustained carpet bombing capability, I asked if the British carpet bombed in WW2 and you deflected again.

The Imperial war museum certainly says the British carpet bombed

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/raf-bomber-command-during-the-second-world-war

Enemy troops were carpet bombed in advance of major Allied ground offensives.

Are you ever going to stop deflecting?

A baby was found dead in the microwave. You can argue that the baby was put there accidentally.

You can't argue that Hamas didn't kill the baby, or that Hamas didn't a bunch of other babies.

Please stop deflecting from the reality that Hamas committed unspeakable atrocities on October 7.

Or perhaps you want to deny that, too.

Can you provide credible links of your claim of that Israeli baby victim as per forum rules?

• Love It 1

I didn't ask if the British had a sustained carpet bombing capability, I asked if the British carpet bombed in WW2 and you deflected again.

The Imperial war museum certainly says the British carpet bombed

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/raf-bomber-command-during-the-second-world-war

Enemy troops were carpet bombed in advance of major Allied ground offensives.

Are you ever going to stop deflecting?

Great, the Brit carpet bombed in WWII, in order to destroy the Nazi regime. Just like IDF is trying to destroy Hamas.

• Confused 1