Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

Just now, ozimoron said:

er, no. They are war crimes under circumstances where negligence and disregard led to their deaths.

That is not true. Civilians die on many wars, such death are not considered 'war crimes' in the wholesale manner you suggest.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Morch said:

That is not true. Civilians die on many wars, such death are not considered 'war crimes' in the wholesale manner you suggest.

Not in this situation. Every reasonable person on the planet acknowledges that most of the civilian deaths are far beyond what could be expected as unintentional collateral damage.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Never said I do. Maybe you should try reading some independent media.

Yawn, the usual word games, deflections.

Here's what you posted:

Every reasonable person on the planet acknowledges that most of the civilian deaths are far beyond what could be expected as unintentional collateral damage.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

er, no. They are war crimes under circumstances where negligence and disregard led to their deaths.

Please provide evidence for these particular war crimes, all you do is spew out the same accusations daily with nothing to back them up.

In my opinion he IDF may well be responsible for certain incidents that should have been avoided and if evidence found by ICC could be taken to court. However you prolific posts of war crimes being committed are hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I stand by that. Apologists for Israel demonstrate profound bias and deny the evidence

Stand by what? That you make comments co-opting 'very reasonable person on the planet' ? Quite arrogant and presumptuous, if not unusual in your case. 

• Haha 1

Another high ranking UN employee is outed, no wonder it took UN Women so long to condemn the rapes committed by Hamas on the hostages and those they murdered.

UN Women Deputy Chief Deletes X Account after Endorsing Anti-Israel Social-Media Posts

Sarah Douglas, UN Women’s Deputy Chief of Peace and Security, scrubbed her social-media account after a United Nations watchdog group revealed that she endorsed 153 anti-Israel posts on X.

“Sarah Douglas, the Deputy Chief of Peace and Security at UN Women, should be fired for her blatant and systematic violations of the the UN’s minimal requirements of neutrality and impartiality,” Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch, said.

It took UN Women months to condemn Hamas’s gender-based violence against women. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/un-women-deputy-chief-deletes-x-account-after-endorsing-anti-israel-social-media-posts/

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jew hating (classic) from the far right is a constant.

Jew hating from the left is what has blown up massively in recent years and much more dramatically since October 7.

Of course I would expect denialism from you. 

To add, I think Jew hating should replace the term antisemitism because of the predictable Jew hating pushback game playing saying that Arabs are semitic too, Ashkenazim aren't really semitic or Jews, ad nauseum.

With Jew hating there is no room for denial over definitions 

It's Israel hating, not Jew. 

It just  happens that the majority of Israelis are Jewish. 

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, to be clear I'm not suggesting that the IDF doesn't prioritize saving Israeli lives or that they are suicidal angels.

October 7 required a military response.

Any country attacked that way would agree with that.

But they could have theoretically done no bombing and do door to door combat from the start.

But that would mean extremely high IDF casualties. 

It's unreasonable to expect intentional suicide from any nation.

But weirdly so many people some ignorantly well meaning expect that of the one and only Jewish state.  

None of that justifies the war crimes which ensued. Israel has made itself into a pariah state, just like Serbia was until they packed their leaders off to The Hague.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Creating such conditions to make Israel look bad is a key part of the Hamas terrorists playbook. I've said it before -- Israel cares more about innocent Arab civilians than Hamas. 

Israel looks bad through its own 'mowing if the lawn'. 

If you honestly believe Israel care about Gazans civilians...... They slaughter in cold blood civilians with white flags that they think MIGHT be Arab. 

I'd watch what I post if I were you, it looks bad supporting what goes on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange logic. 

Somehow justifying killing children because the invaders asked them to leave their homes. 

Israel are slaughtering a defenceless nation, after repeatedly doing so. 

The aggressors are Israel and have been for decades. 

This will not end well for Israel, even after the genocide of Gazans. 

The world is waking up to the atrocities of Israel and the USA. A lot of justifiable hate. 

Hate being the key word from the River to the sea brigade. 

• Like 2

Back on topic, the trolls do all they can to derail the thread, forget permeant ceasefires until Hamas has been eliminated, be that by death, surrender of total destruction of military infastructure:

UK Deputy PM @OliverDowden: "We must eradicate Hamas now."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1