Recommended agents to open a bank account in Bangkok?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You have to love clowns that attach laughing emoji to topics they know nothing about..

By all means attach a laugh and at very  least back it up with advice to help the OP.

Yeah, not that I put any laughing emoji there, but we can back it up with that most immigration offices now have told it has become harder to get bank accounts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

the bank of thailand is responsible for the regulation of banking and financial institutions in thailand, not the immigrtion department.

Wow! Yes, I am well aware of that. Did I say anything else? What I said is that Immigration offices have told that it´s much harder to open bank accounts now, which mean that branches as well as Bank of Thailand have tighten up around that.

now, please tell where I posted that Immigration controls financial institutions?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, OdinValhalla said:

Hey all. I'm on a tourist visa and looking to open an a bank account. From what I've read here on the forums, the only way possible to do so now, is through an agent. But who to actually use for this? Any experience and recommendations? Link to their website? 

Thai visa experts       Will help you open one in Bangkok

Silly post.

The OP is on tourist visa.

Bank will require a TM47 report being made at CW to obtain a certificate of residence.

His embassy may provide equivalent however some do not. 

COR also required for drivers license in Bangkok.

The OP requires an agent for bank account

Silly reply. Lost common sense🧑‍🎄

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Siam Legal previously provided this service.

Thinking they stopped.

You could check with @ThaiVisaCentre .

You won't be able to do it by yourself in Bangkok due to not being able to obtain certificate of residence on tourist visa.

In Bangkok it requires you to have made a TM47 report.

Suggest Pattaya a better option with agent such as Maneerat Soi 13/2

I used above services in pattaya cost was 5000 but finished up costing 6800 probably because at bank they asked you want this (yes) you want that yes yes and yes plus 100 I think for photograph 500 is in your account took a few hours collect passport next day for me it was worth it as I had been refused @ every bank I tried on my own 

• Like 2

You know nothing about process of opening Thai bank account in Bangkok.

Embarrassing yourself. 

Also check out Thai driving license forum to come up to speed on current requirements for TDL in Bangkok

It's always good to claim knowing everything, isn't it? It creates a great feeling?

It seems a special thing here not to discuss but bashing or humiliating others. Or using gutter language. But I reckon there might be a pathetic life behind some curtains. I decide not to take part in this kind of communication. Do YOU like it really?

You don't need to answer unless your "ego" will require to do so.😂🌲🧑‍🎄

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, newbee2022 said:

I wonder why so many here use an "Agent" for everything?

Driver's licence

90 days

Visa

Bank account

aso

Sounds as if they need a nurse their whole life? From nappies to coffin?

Always need holding a hand? 

Did they not grow up?

😳

Cuz they want to?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:10 PM, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, not that I put any laughing emoji there, but we can back it up with that most immigration offices now have told it has become harder to get bank accounts.

and there is something funny about that? I guess I don't understand. it seems mean to me, like people are laughing at the hardships of others. by the way, what does your reply mean? "most immigration offices now have told it has become harder to get bank accounts"....?

Yesterday I tried again to open an account at Bangkok Bank in the Darkside. Almost got one but didn't take their offer.

The deal breaker was my gf must buy an "insurance" for me for a year. She was willing to do so but I said loudly so everyone hear in the room; "I never will let anyone to blackmail me or you! Let's get the hell out of here."

And we left.

• Sad 2

You must sign nearly a dozen documents to open a bank account.  I've never heard of an agent who can facilitate this but as the first thing you would give them is a power of attorney form I can not more strongly recommend you do not do this with something like a bank account.  Not only could you loose any money in the account you could be held liable for any credit taken out by a third party and have zero recourse a you gave them the authority of your finances.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, newbee2022 said:

I wonder why so many here use an "Agent" for everything?

Driver's licence

90 days

Visa

Bank account

aso

Sounds as if they need a nurse their whole life? From nappies to coffin?

Always need holding a hand? 

Did they not grow up?

😳

It's a culmination of corruption, bureaucracy, lack of knowledge, opportunity and laziness.  What often happens is a family member gets a job at a government facility then extends that authority to their family and friends to become agents.  I can't say it hasn't helped me in the past though.  Last year I needed Thai international driving permits and Samui doesn't process those.  One must go all the way to Surat Thani and possibly for multiple trips to accomplish this.  Hotel stays, ferry rides, dog sitters etc etc.  one of the DLT staff offered to take care of it all for me.  It was worth every baht.  My motorbike license plate disappeared last week and since my blue book is from Phuket the DLT wanted me to go to Phuket to get a new plate.  I said no way.  Then they said Surat could do it.  Same logistical nightmare.  I couldn't get the same guy to help but there is a reputable agent in town that can get the new blue book, new license plate and renew my regular motorbike license and international drivers permit both expiring next month all in one go in Surat for me.  It's a no-brainer and to be honest, a blessing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

It's a culmination of corruption, bureaucracy, lack of knowledge, opportunity and laziness.  What often happens is a family member gets a job at a government facility then extends that authority to their family and friends to become agents.  I can't say it hasn't helped me in the past though.  Last year I needed Thai international driving permits and Samui doesn't process those.  One must go all the way to Surat Thani and possibly for multiple trips to accomplish this.  Hotel stays, ferry rides, dog sitters etc etc.  one of the DLT staff offered to take care of it all for me.  It was worth every baht.  My motorbike license plate disappeared last week and since my blue book is from Phuket the DLT wanted me to go to Phuket to get a new plate.  I said no way.  Then they said Surat could do it.  Same logistical nightmare.  I couldn't get the same guy to help but there is a reputable agent in town that can get the new blue book, new license plate and renew my regular motorbike license and international drivers permit both expiring next month all in one go in Surat for me.  It's a no-brainer and to be honest, a blessing.

Well, this is far away from what I mentioned. So in your case I agree.

55 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

as the first thing you would give them is a power of attorney form I can not more strongly recommend you do not do this with something like a bank account

No, you don't give an agent POA. You just go to the bank accompanied by the agent or one of their runners and sign the handful of bank forms that the teller gives you.

And hand over the application fee of course. I paid ฿3,700 for a BBL account in December 2021 so I'm not sure if the price has gone up since then, I'll ask my agent when I meet with them tomorrow shall I?

Edited by Lemsta69

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

No, you don't give an agent POA. You just go to the bank accompanied by the agent or one of their runners and sign the handful of bank forms that the teller gives you.

And hand over the application fee of course. I paid ฿3,700 for a BBL account in December 2021 so I'm not sure if the price has gone up or not, I'll ask my agent when I meet with them tomorrow shall I?

or, you could just go to the bank on your own and sort it out. it's not difficult.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

Yesterday I tried again to open an account at Bangkok Bank in the Darkside. Almost got one but didn't take their offer.

The deal breaker was my gf must buy an "insurance" for me for a year. She was willing to do so but I said loudly so everyone hear in the room; "I never will let anyone to blackmail me or you! Let's get the hell out of here."

And we left.

So two things.

Your gf lost big face in front of many people..it will take her a while to forgive for this.

Secondly you didn't get your Bank Account, because of a small amount of insurance money and of course your completely bad manners...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

or, you could just go to the bank on your own and sort it out. it's not difficult.

Off-topic, irrelevant. Both the difficulty level of opening a bank account, and the pros and cons of using an agent have been discussed ad nauseum in this forum and your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion.

• Sad 1

Here are directions I received the other day from a visa agent in Bangkok for opening bank accounts.  Otherwise they can open you a bank account for 10,000 baht cost.  

Please follow this step to open an account on your own.  

1st you go to get 30 days tourist extension at your local immigration
(please also bring your address paperworks to immigration)

2nd request the immigration to proceed residence certificate for you to open an account

3rd show the residence certificate at the bank to get account open

Have not tried to open a bank account yet to see if the process is successful.  My Lao girlfriend with Work Permit tried the above process but the bank requested a copy of her health exam as well.  This is down south in Nakhon Si Thammarat.  

I extended my visa during my last stay in Thailand 2 months ago in Nakhon Si Thammarat & got a residence certificate from immigration but didn't know I could open a bank account.  Will have to give it a try when I come back in January otherwise I will go to Maneerat in Pattaya who do it for about 4,000 baht.  MOTS in Pattaya can also open bank accounts for 4,000 baht. 

I have been getting quotes for bridging/retirement 15 month visa & they range from 25,000-46,000 + bank account charge in Pattaya, 38,000-52,000 + bank account charge in Bangkok & a whopping 60,000 including bank account in Surat Thani.  Extra 4,000-10,000 to open a bank account.  

• Confused 1