Combined tour packages: Thai proposal for Chinese tourists

webfact

Great plan, keep them in the Deep South, maybe bus them all from Hat Yai to Phuket. Since their Chairman Xi seems to get on so well with the Russians, it should usher in a new period of peace, harmony and prosperity on the island, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He noted that Chinese and other foreign tourists often prefer free recreational activities, such as (...) alcohol consumption, (...) which can be enjoyed in Thailand without restrictions.

Since when? With limitations during day- and night times, not to mention religious and political holidays...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Give them all free everything! Jeez, figure it out they are not traveling like before and really do not have Thailand on the top of their list of places to go.  

Watching, or reading world news doesn't seem to be a thing in Thailand. Get over it, TAT, this is not 2019, and things won't be 'back' anytime soon, esp. in beloved China...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Agree 1

As cold as it's been up here in the Middle Kingdom for a few weeks now, if the planes aren't loaded up with visa exempt escapees from the Arctic weather conditions, it's just not going to happen.

Being one of the few who come to Thailand for my visa run, I'm sure looking forward to my next one in a couple of weeks.  It is cold... (Not saying that it won't get colder, but winter hit suddenly this year.)

The good news is the airfare is running about half of pre-Covid prices, but the bad news is that the schedules stink, with few (if any) non stops where there were several non-stops a day to my city of 15 million before Covid.  The planes are still quite full, but not nearly as many of them.  And I can live with an overnight stay in a nice transfer hotel at about $20-30 USD, along with an occasional cancelled flight.

At some point, they need to draw a line limiting how low they're willing to go to get the bodies, especially when they really just want the money.

• Like 1