Playing the Player?

Bobthegimp

Is it wrong to play the woman who fancies herself clever and tries to play the long game on a foreigner? 

I've met a couple of decent women and a couple of snakes.  It might be fun to string one of the snakes along and see how long it takes her to clue in that there's no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.  No lying involved, as I don't do that, but perhaps a pinch of false hope and a dash of innuendo  could make the game interesting. 

Does anyone have any experience or anecdotes about such an undertaking? 

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

One week of being together with her 24/7? Or one week meeting her a few times and maybe some online conversation?

I am pretty sure if I would be constantly together with one woman for a whole week without interruption, I would know if we are compatible.

But many Thai women are great actors, and they can play a show for a couple of hours a day. If she is good in what she is doing, and many are good, you have no chance to know who she really is after only a week. 

24 hours for 5 days or more. Should be enough.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

In one week if you can't tell a good woman from a bad one your judgement is off.

It doesn't take long to uncover the bad women. I've found one and am contemplating whether or not to use her like a rented mule and cut her loose before the bill comes due.  My lease is up at the end of February so I could move and cut contact. 

She's trying to line me up as a chump.  My experience with women like that is that they'll shag a man rotten for quite a while before putting the squeeze on him.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

It doesn't take long to uncover the bad women. I've found one and am contemplating whether or not to use her like a rented mule and cut her loose before the bill comes due.  My lease is up at the end of February so I could move and cut contact. 

She's trying to line me up as a chump.  My experience with women like that is that they'll shag a man rotten for quite a while before putting the squeeze on him.  

Too many different ways a woman can cause trouble for you. Yes, sometimes you can get away by moving and cutting off all ties, but what do you get out of it except sex with someone you don't like? 

16 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Is it wrong to play the woman who fancies herself clever and tries to play the long game on a foreigner? 

I've met a couple of decent women and a couple of snakes.  It might be fun to string one of the snakes along and see how long it takes her to clue in that there's no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.  No lying involved, as I don't do that, but perhaps a pinch of false hope and a dash of innuendo  could make the game interesting. 

Wrong - or right? 

Maybe just a bit mean... if that is who you want to be...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Do you pay a woman to be your wife or "girlfriend"? 

Is that in any way different than the entitlement in the West?

I share a life with my wife - - sure, I make more money than she does and share it with her, though she has done quite well on her own. 

She has shared other things with me... 

not much different than. my previous wife in the West, though my wife here is nicer and appreciates it more. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stoner said:

ya back home they call it a mortgage and child support. 

Didn't your wife work and contribute to the family finances? 

Mine did, half or more for the entirety of our marriage.  No kids, thank God and all that's holy, so parting ways was cheap and easy

34 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its quite common for Western men (back home in the West) to go out to work all week and then hand all their wages over to their Wife .

That's the same as giving a Thai wife an allowance , or paying her . 

Not the men that I knew. I'm from Gen X and women earn their keep.  What good is an indolent wife? 

You guys are welcome to live any way you choose.  If your woman gave up her job to be your full time companion she does need to be compensated; it's the only reasonable way to order things.  

I do object to being labeled "rotten" for shagging a well used tart who is still employed and trying to run a game to gain control over me and my finances. 

There were simps before me and more to follow.  One day a prince will arrive from Blighty and hand her his ATM card and pin number.  Who knows, maybe I'll get an invitation to their wedding.  Until then I'll keep her warm and her skills up to par.   A few baht for som tam and Sangsom should do the trick for now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

That is called a game and to be honest, I do not have the time, energy or desire to play games.  Before I found GF it just did not make s sense.  Now that I have a gf even though i go out alone I am upfront that I will buy a drink but there is nothing going to happen after.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Is that in any way different than the entitlement in the West?

Yes, because in the West it is compelled, post divorce, whereas the arrangement with your Thai wife is voluntary.  It shows class, or self awareness, that you don't slag your ex wife from back home.  I assume that neither of the women was a predatory tart when you met them. 

2 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Didn't your wife work and contribute to the family finances? 

Mine did, half or more for the entirety of our marriage.  No kids, thank God and all that's holy, so parting ways was cheap and easy

Not the men that I knew. I'm from Gen X and women earn their keep.  What good is an indolent wife? 

You guys are welcome to live any way you choose.  If your woman gave up her job to be your full time companion she does need to be compensated; it's the only reasonable way to order things.  

I do object to being labeled "rotten" for shagging a well used tart who is still employed and trying to run a game to gain control over me and my finances. 

There were simps before me and more to follow.  One day a prince will arrive from Blighty and hand her his ATM card and pin number.  Who knows, maybe I'll get an invitation to their wedding.  Until then I'll keep her warm and her skills up to par.   A few baht for som tam and Sangsom should do the trick for now. 

Men with a Wife and Children .

Men went out to work and the wife stayed at home looking after the Children and the Men handed over their pay packet to the Wife .

Its a different situation for Childless couples , because the Woman doesn't have to stay home and look after the kids 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Yes, because in the West it is compelled, post divorce, whereas the arrangement with your Thai wife is voluntary.  It shows class, or self awareness, that you don't slag your ex wife from back home.  I assume that neither of the women was a predatory tart when you met them. 

Yeah Gimp, I think that there is an aspect of that in many relationships, at least there has been for me. Though it is not everything, I think that once we are beyond a certain period of youth, romance is a bit less important than making a good match. Maybe or maybe not more so for the woman. And maybe or maybe not more so for a Thai lady who has less upwardly mobile opportunities. Is there an element of successful people being more confident and thereby being able to attract more females? Is there a sensing or knowing who will  treat you correctly and with respect? And after 30 or so, isn't that important too? 

We as males tend to not want ladies to be attracted to us for money, but is it any more shallow to be attracted to someone for a good head of hair? Or looks in general. I think here they are pretty good at having 'angry' radar and avoid angry people. When I first brought my Thai wife, who came from a poor family in a small village, to the USA and she had never been beyond Bangkok, if she was scared to leave the country - - she said, 'No. You will take care of me.' She was sure. 

And I would say that both of my wives gave me strong incentive to be successful in my ventures as they motivated me to want to share good fortune with them. On my own, I surely would have been content with less. And I appreciate them for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

What makes me rotten? 

Shagging a middle aged woman who already has God knows how many simps under her belt? 

Men here don't get "taken", they give it away willingly.

Do you pay a woman to be your wife or "girlfriend"?  Give her a monthly "allowance" due to an arbitrage of age and educational level?  Most of our contemporaries back home consider that a pretty rotten thing to do. 

You definitely have to be the most despicable man I have ever heard... you have a very distorted view on relationships and what they actually are all about... there is much more beyond "shagging" as you put it... 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

there is much more beyond "shagging" as you put it..

With a woman who has a primary school education and no concept of geography, history, philosophy, or anything else one would discuss with a wife?  Please do enlighten me. 

I've seen plenty of lonely geezers yammering away to Thai women about subjects that have no meaning or relevance to the lady.  It always makes me think "what a despicable man to put her through that like a trained seal, just so she can collect her 10k baht "allowance"( plus room and board) in exchange for cooking and light cleaning duties".  

I can understand that geezers get lonely and want companionship, but at what price? Thai women can be fun, light hearted and (at times) easy going companions.  At what level do you communicate and relate to each other though? 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yeah Gimp, I think that there is an aspect of that in many relationships, at least there has been for me. Though it is not everything, I think that once we are beyond a certain period of youth, romance is a bit less important than making a good match. Maybe or maybe not more so for the woman. And maybe or maybe not more so for a Thai lady who has less upwardly mobile opportunities. Is there an element of successful people being more confident and thereby being able to attract more females? Is there a sensing or knowing who will  treat you correctly and with respect? And after 30 or so, isn't that important too? 

We as males tend to not want ladies to be attracted to us for money, but is it any more shallow to be attracted to someone for a good head of hair? Or looks in general. I think here they are pretty good at having 'angry' radar and avoid angry people. When I first brought my Thai wife, who came from a poor family in a small village, to the USA and she had never been beyond Bangkok, if she was scared to leave the country - - she said, 'No. You will take care of me.' She was sure. 

And I would say that both of my wives gave me strong incentive to be successful in my ventures as they motivated me to want to share good fortune with them. On my own, I surely would have been content with less. And I appreciate them for that. 

This is a gold star response.  Thank you for taking the time and giving a well thought out reply.  Despite my original post I can appreciate people who consciously become a team and support each other whilst building a meaningful life together.   

"she said, 'No. You will take care of me.' She was sure."  This is it.  She trusted that you wouldn't  break troth with her, and you didn't.  

Thank you for all of the responses.  I've decided not to tread the path laid out in the original post.   I have no moral issues with "playing the player", it's just a waste of energy with a set of predictable and undesirable outcomes. 

Feel free to carry on with calling me "rotten" and "despicable".  It reminds me of a time, not long ago, when all and sundry lined up to be part of a grand experiment and I declined to take part. 

• Sad 2