Living in Pattaya on 186000 a month

AdrianUk

4 hours ago, NextG said:

Who are those people who think what you allege? Name one. 

Most threads where money is discussed, or about Thailand seeking 'quality' tourists, lead to absolute comments about 'what the wealthy really want'. Invariably, these absolutes are wrong.

The wealthy want what they want. For some it might be showing off the Bugatti, but for others it is living low key and anonymous, but content.

I also find it funny when people say "The wealthy don't need hookers", as if money makes the libido go away. The movie Pretty Woman is actually representative of a certain segment of the wealthy. Most everybody likes sex. It relieves stress, plus it's fun. Sometimes one just wants sex but not any sort of commitment nor any expectation from the woman. Some people like filet mignon, but that doesn't mean they want to marry a grass fed Black Angus. They will have a meal, and then tomorrow something different. Some might condemn that kind of morality, and they're welcome to do so, but morality doesn't necessary increase with wealth.

I left my industry when I reached a goal I had for wealth. Most of my former colleagues are still working. More will never be enough for them. Their choice. A couple are billionaires (in USD, which is 10+ figures in American English). A couple are catalogued in the Forbes 400.  Let me just say not all of them are 'one woman' kind of guys.

There are at least two regulars in a BKK agogo who come to Thailand on their own jets. The actor Hugh Grant got picked up for hiring a streetwalker on Hollywood Blvd to give him a $20 hummer...and this while he was dating Liz Hurley. The author Graham Greene was a habitue of agogo-type nightspots. So was Nobel Prize physicist Richard Feynman. Jack Kennedy had a fling with Marilyn Monroe, while married to Jacky. Bill Clinton made Cohibas even more famous. Does anyone think Bill Gates just strayed once? Or Jeff Bezos? How many baby-mommys does Elon Musk have?

Not all bazllionaires are the same.

• Like 1

The OP hasn't left the  chat   but i wouldn't blame him with the flames so harsh. 

He answered back to many posts on page 3 or 4. 

First off I cant blame anyone for wanting to live in a secure abode/estate area in Thailand.  Anything less is a risk you may regret.   Lots of security guards arent really trusted.  My wife had the keys to the building on Suk and it was her job to go at 7am to let the cleaners in because the gate guards didn't get keys. 

We all have read the threads how some guys are happy and survive on 40k a month and the ethical debate about partaking in the oldest profession never stops.   

I think its fun to imagine all lifestyles and appreciate them.   

Obviously a guy cant really last long doing ladies every night.  Life will get in the way.  Regular dinners with friends, bday parties, travel, special ones.  

Why is it legal and supposedly moral for a person to sell his time, brain, sweat but not his her body?  Pro football players are at risk for lifetime disabilities for example.  Miners and deep sea fishers have very risky careers according to the data.  

For me I like the idea of 4 "special" gals on the payroll. That should be similar cost ro a mia noi but 4 times the variety.  On the market, what % of women would be "special"? 

I would imagine 50% woukd be dead fish. 

Quality over quantity sounds best to me.  

On 12/3/2023 at 12:57 PM, noobexpat said:

I have a potential budget of about 350k a month. Obviously a ludicrous amount. I don't spend much here but my resources are very strong and growing, by default. As under age 50, i have to be mindful of building a healthy lifestyle and not get sucked into the scene. 

186k is a nice amount - enough to not worry, but not big enough to be silly. Possibly the sweet spot.

A 350k per month budget is not ludicrous at all. It might be just enough to get you through a hard month of partying, but you'd have to take care, not get too drunk, and be vigilant about not getting ripped off in bars. When you get drunk, they often pad the bills by thousands and no one would be the wiser. If you party every day of the month, you'll likely run out of cash on that moderate budget. The only upside is that the excitement would probably wear off after a month or so unless you're an alcoholic, in which case you'll be parted from your cash faster than you can count it.

8 hours ago, JensenZ said:

A 350k per month budget is not ludicrous at all.

you'll likely run out of cash on that moderate budget. 

7 digits gbp capital means i can do that every month for decades.

I think death before broke would occur first.

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:49 PM, NextG said:

You don’t seem to understand that you are part of that demographic. Most of us do not live how and where you describe. That is you. You choose to live in the sleazy centre and then complain about the inhabitants… but you are one of them. No doubt indulging from time to time, but imagining that you are a ‘cut above’. But no… you are the same. A likely sex tourist living in the centre of Pattaya. 
I nor any of my friends involve themselves with such. We have normal lives. Recreation, preparing meals for ourselves and each other etc

Whereas you are simply a tourist with no friends. You then attempt to juxtapose your sad experience to everyone else. Grow up man and take a good look at yourself. Stop blaming everyone else. Where are your friends?

When I was travelling, I made literally hundreds of friends and I still communicate with them regularly to this day. I also have made friends here. None of them relate to your description. Those are the people you meet. Birds of a feather and all that. 

On 12/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, NextG said:

Just another silly Troll. No one is jealous. They just don’t like obnoxious. Who does?

The point is simply that there are both rich and poor here and everything in between. 
The rich ones surely do not brag openly about it, for obvious reasons. One because it’s obnoxious behaviour and secondly it makes them a target for those who would happily relieve them of it. I see examples of this with alarming regularity.  
Do you think anyone should be jealous of someone who has to PAY women to keep him company? So pretending that you will pay for company every day, is hardly something about which to brag. 
The fact that you mention it over and over again, paints you as some kind of inadequate. Aren’t you something or someone without money or is that all you have going for you?
Do you actually think that you are the only one with such a potential budget or are you now aware that you have just made yourself look like absolute riffraff?

That’s how ‘chavs’ behave. No one is jealous of ‘chavs’ other than other ‘chavs’. To ‘normal’ people they just come over as ‘riff-raff who came into some money’. 

You said no one likes bragging. But I only stated my budget,  its others saying its a lot of money.  Dude, you are full of hatred, attacking Jim with so many I'm better than you points.  Grow up and stop looking down on people, mongering is a hobby for most and guys like you are the worst ones doing it.  Guys like you thinking they are better than everyone else, calling us chavs and riff raff. 

You are the one without class, I am very successful but mongering is my hobby. Doesn't mean we are below you 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AdrianUk said:

You said no one likes bragging. But I only stated my budget,  its others saying its a lot of money.  Dude, you are full of hatred, attacking Jim with so many I'm better than you points.  Grow up and stop looking down on people, mongering is a hobby for most and guys like you are the worst ones doing it.  Guys like you thinking they are better than everyone else, calling us chavs and riff raff. 

You are the one without class, I am very successful but mongering is my hobby. Doesn't mean we are below you 

Yes, it does mean that you are below decent people. Up to you. But don’t expect anyone to respect you. They might pretend to do so in order to get some of your money. I’ve seen it played out so many times. You are not different. 
If the cap fits….

You be you. If you think you are successful because you can afford to consort with prostitutes, don’t let me disabuse you of that notion. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Most threads where money is discussed, or about Thailand seeking 'quality' tourists, lead to absolute comments about 'what the wealthy really want'. Invariably, these absolutes are wrong.

The wealthy want what they want. For some it might be showing off the Bugatti, but for others it is living low key and anonymous, but content.

I also find it funny when people say "The wealthy don't need hookers", as if money makes the libido go away. The movie Pretty Woman is actually representative of a certain segment of the wealthy. Most everybody likes sex. It relieves stress, plus it's fun. Sometimes one just wants sex but not any sort of commitment nor any expectation from the woman. Some people like filet mignon, but that doesn't mean they want to marry a grass fed Black Angus. They will have a meal, and then tomorrow something different. Some might condemn that kind of morality, and they're welcome to do so, but morality doesn't necessary increase with wealth.

I left my industry when I reached a goal I had for wealth. Most of my former colleagues are still working. More will never be enough for them. Their choice. A couple are billionaires (in USD, which is 10+ figures in American English). A couple are catalogued in the Forbes 400.  Let me just say not all of them are 'one woman' kind of guys.

There are at least two regulars in a BKK agogo who come to Thailand on their own jets. The actor Hugh Grant got picked up for hiring a streetwalker on Hollywood Blvd to give him a $20 hummer...and this while he was dating Liz Hurley. The author Graham Greene was a habitue of agogo-type nightspots. So was Nobel Prize physicist Richard Feynman. Jack Kennedy had a fling with Marilyn Monroe, while married to Jacky. Bill Clinton made Cohibas even more famous. Does anyone think Bill Gates just strayed once? Or Jeff Bezos? How many baby-mommys does Elon Musk have?

Not all bazllionaires are the same.

I agree, I have many wealthy friends and they all monger and can afford to do it whenever or where they want. They just dont choose to talk about it.  So people think it dont happen, and the biggest deniers are the ones doing it more than the others, usually with ladyboys.

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Yes, it does mean that you are below decent people. Up to you. But don’t expect anyone to respect you. They might pretend to do so in order to get some of your money. I’ve seen it played out so many times. You are not different. 

Some of the worst people out there are religious or run charities.  A spot of mongering is a very narrow minded way of judging someone. Plenty of sex addicts out there that want extra love without lying to women,  they are not all sad lonely men beneath you.  There are different types of mongers and ethical mongers.

https://beltsofmongering.com/

19 hours ago, NextG said:

That’s not what I am suggesting at all 😊

It’s not about the amount of money, but certain posters trying to use it to denigrate others. 
They are just getting a taste of their own medicine… and obviously they don’t like it. 
For me here, everyone is the same. Same same, but different 😊

I have respect for any here pulling it together with a limited income, ditto for anyone who works in a good way to achieve their goals. 
But anyone who tries to put another member down as poor/broke, should be prepared for some blowback. If they cannot be respectful, I will help them. 

Fine to use your funds in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Not fine to try to criticise someone else’s quality of life unless it’s constructive. 
@noobexpat
made that mistake. Fine to write about what you like, but don’t put anyone down for having less funds. As there will always be those looking down on you. 
As for the OP, he’s not really asking. It’s just a Troll. 

I never put anyone down. You are the guy attacking guys and acting all high and mighty. Acting like those that have worked hard shouldnt celebrate their wins.  You can calling us all chavs and riff-raff but at the same time calling me a troll to discredit me.  This is why wealthy people don't post anything because of guys like you, on a small budget and angry with the world.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AdrianUk said:

I agree, I have many wealthy friends and they all monger and can afford to do it whenever or where they want. They just dont choose to talk about it.  So people think it dont happen, and the biggest deniers are the ones doing it more than the others, usually with ladyboys.

The salient point is that they don’t choose to talk about it. Perhaps you should follow the example of your ‘wealthy friends’, who obviously understand the concept of discretion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, AdrianUk said:

I never put anyone down. You are the guy attacking guys and acting all high and mighty. Acting like those that have worked hard shouldnt celebrate their wins.  You can calling us all chavs and riff-raff but at the same time calling me a troll to discredit me.  This is why wealthy people don't post anything because of guys like you, on a small budget and angry with the world.

Nobody cares about your budget, you sad little man. 

Wealthy people do post. You aren’t wealthy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, AdrianUk said:

Some of the worst people out there are religious or run charities.  A spot of mongering is a very narrow minded way of judging someone. Plenty of sex addicts out there that want extra love without lying to women,  they are not all sad lonely men beneath you.  There are different types of mongers and ethical mongers.

https://beltsofmongering.com/

Did you want this to be a thread for discussing prostitution?

1 hour ago, AdrianUk said:

a small budget and angry with the world.

Its not his first rodeo, by any means.

That phrase sums him up nicely. Thinks he's doing a forum service.

To be that angry, with a group of anonymous strangers??? 

Literally can't stop talking about bargirls either.

Wants to bait you. Don't buy in. Just a jealous nobody, always has been - hence the attacks.

1 hour ago, NextG said:

The salient point is that they don’t choose to talk about it. Perhaps you should follow the example of your ‘wealthy friends’, who obviously understand the concept of discretion. 

Why don't you just not read the posts?

2 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

So you're very successful and a proud experienced Monger but can't figure out a monthly budget that gets you your daily prostitute. Here's some hints

You're starting with 116,000 after rent and let's say 2,000 for utilities and 30,000 for water and food to remain living. That leaves you 2800 a night for:

Booze: what's your drink cost x how many per night x 30

Lady Drinks: how many a night x average cost x 30

Bar Fine: how many gogo vs bar vs beach x average cost x 30

Girl: how much do you pay for "up to you" x 30

In other words, no point posting on the forum as only you would know how long "is a piece of string"

Oh I forgot to add in cost of condoms and long distance taxi to get you on to the hunt every night

Edited by Pattaya57

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So you're very successful and a proud experienced Monger but can't figure out a monthly budget that gets you your daily prostitute. Here's some hints

You're starting with 116,000 after rent and let's say 26,000 for utilities water and food (if you go cheap). That leaves you 3000 a night for:

Lady Drinks: how many a night to get you going x average cost x 30

Bar Fine: how many gogo vs bar vs beach x average cost x 30

Girl: how much do you pay for "up to you" x 30

In other words, no point posting on the forum as only you would know how long "is a piece of string"

Oh I forgot to add in cost of condoms and taxi to get you on to the hunt every night

He’s just a Troll. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Its not his first rodeo, by any means.

That phrase sums him up nicely. Thinks he's doing a forum service.

To be that angry, with a group of anonymous strangers??? 

Literally can't stop talking about bargirls either.

Wants to bait you. Don't buy in. Just a jealous nobody, always has been - hence the attacks.

Show me a post where I have talked about bargirls…

Have you detached yourself from your brain? Your last two posts here make no sense at all. 
I don’t have anything to do with bargirls, so your comment of “literally can’t stop talking about bargirls…” seems like a psychosis on your part. Can you back that up with some actual evidence?

20 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Why don't you just not read the posts?

I obviously read them in order to reply to them 😊

Is there something written between the lines that you would like me to ‘see’?

I already do. Two pathetic specimens who think money sets them above. It doesn’t. You can have lowlives with money and you can have good people with money. Money is not the differential. It’s the person that makes the difference. 
But you talk almost exclusively about money. That marks you out as an inadequate character. That you lean so heavily on money as a person. Is there nothing else to you? 

47 minutes ago, NextG said:

I obviously read them in order to reply to them 😊

Is there something written between the lines that you would like me to ‘see’?

I already do. Two pathetic specimens who think money sets them above. It doesn’t. You can have lowlives with money and you can have good people with money. Money is not the differential. It’s the person that makes the difference. 
But you talk almost exclusively about money. That marks you out as an inadequate character. That you lean so heavily on money as a person. Is there nothing else to you? 

None of my other qualities and achievements will get you so upset though.

Why would i disclose much else on this dumpster forum full of many misfits.

You are a comedy stop-gap in between my work. Much appreciated!

#millionairelifestyle

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

#millionairelifestyle

Aaahh…. now it’s a “dumpster forum full of misfits’ 🤭 Is that why you joined? To be the ‘Lord of the Dumpsters’?

It must be galling for you that no one here gives a 💩 about your income. That you need something else here in order to stand out….and you haven’t got it. Pity. Pitiful. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

#millionairelifestyle

‘Millionaire lifestyle’ is someone who lives in a (£400 a month) 50sq.m apartment without even a sea view and who HAS to work??

Baht millionaire perhaps. You are just a 🤡 

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

‘Millionaire lifestyle’ is someone who lives in a (£400 a month) 50sq.m apartment without even a sea view and who HAS to work??

Baht millionaire perhaps. You are just a 🤡 

Wow you catalogue everything 555 

22k is about £494/m - cheap as chips!

Still haven't upgraded the elite visa yet too. Add that to your notes 555

Just now, noobexpat said:

Wow you catalogue everything 555 

22k is about £494/m - cheap as chips!

Still haven't upgraded the elite visa yet too. Add that to your notes 555

My memory works. As I stated earlier, the amount is irrelevant. Your claims of a ‘millionaire lifestyle’ are just laughable. You sound as if you are still early twenties. Just a silly kid, being silly. 

I assume you're familiar with the pending tax changes, which may impact any funds remitted into Thailand.

You should probably look for a tax consultant now, and begin some planning. Your tax bill could be significant.

And consider bringing in as much as you can wrangle before 1/1/24.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I assume you're familiar with the pending tax changes, which may impact any funds remitted into Thailand.

You should probably look for a tax consultant now, and begin some planning. Your tax bill could be significant.

And consider bringing in as much as you can wrangle before 1/1/24.

Documents are ready. Have ample capital to remit that is not assessable under local thai tax code. Also understand DTA's and was familiar with them prior to the announcements. Almost everyone on here doesn't even understand their principal purpose. They only recognise their intended outcome. 

I do tax professionally. I am the consultant!

20 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

You saw fit to choose to talk of ladyboys....playing on your conscience is it?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Documents are ready. Have ample capital to remit that is not assessable under local thai tax code. Also understand DTA's and was familiar with them prior to the announcements. Almost everyone on here doesn't even understand their principal purpose. They only recognise their intended outcome. 

I do tax professionally. I am the consultant!

Hop on over to one of the "tax" threads please and give everybody the benefit of your advice. They have been getting a little stale.........:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1