At least 90% of whinging, whining, complaining and moaning comes from British mouths acording to famous Brit vlogger.

Goat

20 hours ago, Goat said:

Ironically I often hear these Brits complaining that their own country has been taken over by immigrants who will not assimilate or learn the language. But they act like this in Thailand.

As a Brit, agree with this, I find this attitude hilarious. It's almost like critical thinking doesn't happen with some of these muppets.

But Cheeseman being a "famous vlogger" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know one whinging pom who has financial capital in the bank, they all use agents and pay between 20k-25k baht a year so that the agent can put up the 800k baht in the bank when he does their extensions for them, most are on pensions, barley making it month by month because their p-ss is more important to them than food.

Not having a go, just stating the fact from my experience of whinging poms that I know, and if the p-ss goes up 5 baht, blimey, we'll never here the end of it. 

I accept that may be the case but I no longer live in a tourist area for many years and nor will I ever use agents.

I go the 800K method and always have. I have been messed about on occasions by immigration but they get nothing out of me except the standard fees for re-entry and extension of stays.

4 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

As a Brit, agree with this, I find this attitude hilarious. It's almost like critical thinking doesn't happen with some of these muppets.

But Cheeseman being a "famous vlogger" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Brits don't have a monopoly on that. A certain demographic from the US, prompted by their bloated political messiah, always bark about the migrants destroying US culture----all while perched on a barstool outraged that the Thai service staff

'can't speak friggin English'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

After finishing my sweet shredded pork sweet bread sweet mayo 3-tier sandwich.  I felt a bit thirsty but then I remembered Thailand doesn't have clean drinking water so I started musing on the delicious drinking water in England and the free healthcare. 

It made me remember that ''To be born British is to win first prize in the lottery of life.''

I will now go an read up on the latest school shootings in America.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, bignok said:

You speak Lao or Issan?

When I first arrived in Thailand many years ago now, I studied Thai on a one-to-one basis as I had a hotel and found it more convenient to fit with my days, also I didn't want to sit in a class as I would have been too embarrassed. I was informed a few weeks ago that my former teacher had passed away. I think we all forget that time marches on.

After two years of Thai, where I also studied reading and writing as the teacher said if you can read and write, you can forget the tones as they will come naturally as the written language was accented, I moved on to try Lao as I just found it interesting.

At that time there was a teacher from  Pakse, PDR Lao in Pattaya who did private one-to-one as well as selling tours, in Sunnee Plaza, South Pattaya. I also had several maids who were Lao nationals working under the radar.

When I sold up and moved on to Isaarn, it was fairly easy to blend into the Isaarn dialect, although I would describe Isaarn as a rougher and lazier form of Lao than the actual Lao language which is far more gentler and precise.

Up here, very few speak English and those that actually can refuse or can't be bothered to use it. You are forced to speak Isaarn.

There is a former manager of Top Charoen who is a university graduate who likes to speak English with me, but mostly the others cannot speak a word or are too lazy to use English.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Let's get this into perspective and look at what the Brits have given the Aussies rent and royalty free:

1 Australia

2 all those sports

3 language

4 an enduring political system

5 a ready made royal family to call their own

6 etc etc

And in return, what did we get back?

1 nothing

So whinge on you lovely poms. There's nothing like you. The world needs you and loves you.

Too kind squire!  :cowboy:

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

After finishing my sweet shredded pork sweet bread sweet mayo 3-tier sandwich.  I felt a bit thirsty but then I remembered Thailand doesn't have clean drinking water so I started musing on the delicious drinking water in England and the free healthcare. 

It made me remember that ''To be born British is to win first prize in the lottery of life.''

I will now go an read up on the latest school shootings in America.

I remember that phrase, used by a Brit who I used to car pool with. Took it in turns to take our cars into work.

He did not have an answer when I asked what why he was settled in Australia, if England was so wonderful. Perhaps this is the reason.

• Confused 1

Why do the English now call themselves Brits? They were always English last century. It's like there's a stigma attached to being English.

The Scots are Scottish. The Welsh are Welsh.

The English want to be called Brits why? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I have no route to citizenship, so I can't be an immigrant. I have permission to stay for another 11 months.

It's as easy as that.

Yes, we enter as Non-immigrants and are subsequently given leave to stay. The permission granted does not confer immigrant status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Why do the English now call themselves Brits? They were always English last century. It's like there's a stigma attached to being English.

Originally Britons was the Romans name for the people of Wales, Cornwall and part of Northern France, i.e Brittany (Bretons). The term was then more broadly used to include the Scots and English after the formation of the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707. 

English was a term used as a catch-all for the people of the U.K. most noticeably abroad in past times. It's less common now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Dilutes the bad reputation and affirms status as Imperials to command greater respect. Or at least some respect.

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Maybe because the live on Great Briton,

the island.?

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Scots are British

Welsh are British

English are British

the difference is many Scots and Welsh prefer to say they are Scottish or Welsh, also many English refer to themselves as English, i do especially when you see how negative Scots can be, not experienced Welsh being negative, maybe they are