Biden ‘not sure he’d be running’ in 2024 if Trump wasn’t: ‘We cannot let him win’

CharlieH

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Just about anyone would be better than either of them

All the way with RFK as an independent.

Both Biden and Trump are yesterday's news wrapping today's fish heads. 

It's time for change 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It's high time the US adds an option of none of the above to the ballots. If that option wins, all candidates are disqualified and we have another election with new candidates in 60 days. What you all think about that?

I like what Joe has accomplished, but he's WAY too long in the tooth. His paraphrased words: "I'm a one-term president to make sure you-know-who doesn't win the election."

Joe's hubris has a strong chance of destroying democracy as we know it in the US. We ALL know what a dumpster fire the likely Republican candidate is. IF you buy into polls, ANY unknown Democrat candidate handily beats dumpster fire by a sizeable number of votes, while Joe is virtually neck-and-neck, sometimes in the lead, sometimes NOT.

It absolutely SUCKS thinking "THIS is the best both parties can come up with?" I'm tired of having to hold my nose when making this choice. Again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

"President spoke about risks Trump poses to democracy at event amid fears a second term would be far more autocratic"   Marxist rule.  Blame the other side for what you have done, will do, or have done.  Any risk that Trump could cause has already been done by the Obama/Biden administrations.  When did Trump break or not follow Constitutional Law?  The Supreme Court said Biden did not have authority to forgive Student Loans.  So what does he do?  He gives the Supreme Court the middle finger and forgive another few hundred thousand Student loans.  Look at the open border.  How many illegal Executive Orders had Biden signed?  And we are supposed to be afraid of Trump?  

Are you referring to Obama's attempt to overturn the results of the 2016 election? His attempt to force Joe Biden to unconstitutionally overturn the election results will live forever in infamy.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Biden is one the main reasons Trump WILL win.

He's utterly deluded.

As the Zen Master said, “we’ll see” (tip of the hat to the movie, “Charlie Wilson’s War”. I welcome this showdown. I want to know if I have a country which I can believe in and defend (defend the ideals, certainly not always the actions).

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes Trump is also deluded on some issues. They are both unsatisfactory candidates IMO - as I have said many times.

Time for some new blood. 

However, despite your strawman I maintain my original statement that the main reason Trump has a very good chance to win is because the woeful Joe Biden is the opposition. I believe the Democrats will come to regret supporting such an incompetent and dishonest candidate. In the likely event they lose, they will blame the "stupid MAGA rednecks" instead of admitting their own role in the loss. 

Incompetence is spelled Trump and Putin 

• Thanks 1