Address Reporting Surprise!

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

When going to a hotel, I always use my driver's license and never a passport. 

And, if the hotel is doing the TM30 online reporting as required, they'll just take your passport number off your driver's license (unless they no longer put that info on the lower right of the drivers' licenses).

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What about when you exit and reenter Thailand 

A totally different scenario. I was only referring to staying in hotels within Thailand. Never once asked for my passport when my girlfriend paid at the desk.  They simply don't care. It's extra work for them.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No it does not.

It's all about continuity of permission of stay.

Traveling throughout Thailand and even international travel with a reentry permit does NOT require a TM30 upon return to your home address.

That TM30 is required if you do change of address. 

Different from just random changes.

The TM30 laws were changed June 2020.

Sadly CM decided to ignore that.

Stupid office 

In Pattaya this has changed. Last time when I needed a Certificate of Residence they looked at my 90 days report and my last enter into Thailand and she said that now you have to report TM30 each time after you entered Thailand within 24 hours. If you travel within Thailand the TM30 is not needed (for Pattaya Immigration)

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, andre47 said:

In Pattaya this has changed. Last time when I needed a Certificate of Residence they looked at my 90 days report and my last enter into Thailand and she said that now you have to report TM30 each time after you entered Thailand within 24 hours. If you travel within Thailand the TM30 is not needed (for Pattaya Immigration)

She is either wrong or following the rules from people up the chain at Jomtien.

Jomtien is a crackpot immigration office as are CM in regard to TM30 official rules..

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

You will have to use your passport if you ever want to use the Nana Hotel in Soi4 Bangkok. They will not accept your drivers license.

I could name another one in Petchabun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

5 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Exactly, what are they going to say, you can't stay here! 

Exactly I always tell them passport in Chinese Embassy getting Visa and offer the drivers licence if they bitch about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, andre47 said:

Was told the same at Korat. Before I left to go back to the States my wife was told that we would not have to a new tm-30 when we got back. After we returned ( 5 months) I saw someone on this forum got fined when he returned. We went in and were told that that was no longer true. It had been two weeks but they made out a new one without fining us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office requires TM30 upon return for travel to another province. 

Jomtien for one. I'm sure there are others.  It's strictly a "power trip" thing.  They slap you around

because they CAN!!!!  They get their jollies from your discomfort.  I've handed them required forms

of "additional information" and watched them SHRED it right in front of me, grinning as they did it.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2023 at 5:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

No it does not.

Traveling throughout Thailand and even international travel with a reentry permit does NOT require a TM30 upon return to your home address.

Stupid office 

Many places still expect TM30, i'm in and out the country a lot and never bother.

It only becomes a problem if you need a cert or Res for something, normally a 2k fine for not informing them of returning to address.

• Sad 1

On 12/8/2023 at 3:53 AM, 10000Baht said:

I agree 100% and this is the official paper in the Royal Gazette from June 16th 2020!

Royal Gazette June 16th 2020.pdf 321.61 kB · 19 downloads

When I pointed the above out to immigration in Hat Yai earlier this year, when my paperwork for extension renewal was initially rejected over an out of date TM30 (I'd been to Bangkok), I was told "that is Bangkok, this is Songkhla".

The OP needs to bite the bullet and make the trip to Chiang Mai.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Many places still expect TM30, i'm in and out the country a lot and never bother.

It only becomes a problem if you need a cert or Res for something, normally a 2k fine for not informing them of returning to address.

It seems they are trying to make up for lost money during Covid by fining people for anything!

• Sad 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

there has always been the fine, long before covid.

Quite so, but in 2020 they stopped the requirement for a new TM30 if you re entered Thailand on long term, visa,  permission to stay, with a re-entry permit, if you were staying at the same address? This has apparently now changed at only some immigration offices, Jomtien being one and they are fining people for not filing a new TM30 within the 24/72 hr window. It also seems that this reversion has not appeared in any advertisement or the Royal Gazette!

Hence my previous comment!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, 10000Baht said:

I agree 100% and this is the official paper in the Royal Gazette from June 16th 2020!

Royal Gazette June 16th 2020.pdf 321.61 kB · 22 downloads

:mad:

@whophant should print this and show it to the incompetent IMO in CM.

Only one problem here in Thailand: losing face seems more important than the laws or official orders. Very sad. I'm lucky, never had a such a problem with my Mae Hong Son Immi.

33 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Quite so, but in 2020 they stopped the requirement for a new TM30 if you re entered Thailand on long term, visa,  permission to stay, with a re-entry permit, if you were staying at the same address? This has apparently now changed at only some immigration offices, Jomtien being one and they are fining people for not filing a new TM30 within the 24/72 hr window. It also seems that this reversion has not appeared in any advertisement or the Royal Gazette!

Hence my previous comment!

You will only be fined if you need to do something at immigration dept, such as cert of res etc.

On 12/7/2023 at 5:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

No it does not.

Stupid office 

I don't fully agree with you DrJack re CM. I travel both inside and outside of CM Province on average twice a month, have my passport copied at the hotels I stay at and have NEVER been asked to submit a new TM30 when doing 90 day reports or extensions of stay, after my return to my main CM address in the 7 years I've lived in CM Province.  The aspect I do agree with is that CM for whatever reason DO require a new TM30 when returning from international travel.

23 hours ago, CMBob said:

And, if the hotel is doing the TM30 online reporting as required, they'll just take your passport number off your driver's license (unless they no longer put that info on the lower right of the drivers' licenses).

that's why it's better to use a pink ID card. No passport number involved.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

The aspect I do agree with is that CM for whatever reason DO require a new TM30 when returning from international travel.

Actually, it's not....specifically because no non-Thai hotel ever files a TM30 for someone living here.  I've flown out and back into Thailand several times in the last few years and never had a problem because of that with filing 90-day reports online or any other Immigration issue (including annual extensions and re-entry permits).

I have read that in a particular case (when returning to Thailand with a new passport or visa), a new TM30 filing may be required but I'm not sure if either case applies here in CM.

1 minute ago, CMBob said:

Actually, it's not....specifically because no non-Thai hotel ever files a TM30 for someone living here.  I've flown out and back into Thailand several times in the last few years and never had a problem because of that with filing 90-day reports online or any other Immigration issue (including annual extensions and re-entry permits).

I have read that in a particular case (when returning to Thailand with a new passport or visa), a new TM30 filing may be required but I'm not sure if either case applies here in CM.

not true Bob, I've had several friends return to Thailand after international holidays earlier this year and CM insisted on new TM30's being submitted, even though they returned to their permanent CM address.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

not true Bob, I've had several friends return to Thailand after international holidays earlier this year and CM insisted on new TM30's being submitted, even though they returned to their permanent CM address.

And, as I stated, it hasn't applied to me or other friends who travelled this year outside of Thailand this year (or last few years).  I have no idea why you and your friends are treated differently.

• Agree 1

On 12/8/2023 at 1:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

What about when you exit and reenter Thailand 

Exiting and re-entering Thailand is an entirely different issue. I get a re-entry permit and file a TM30 when I return.  My girlfriend has no passport so she never accompanies me when I travel out of the country. Inside Thailand, I have never had a problem using her Thai ID at hotels. They don't want to deal with bureaucracy either.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
Clarity