Pattaya punch-up: Ex-US soldier seeks answers as Thai man delivers unexpected blow

webfact

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

He's not farang dude, look at the picture again.

According to my Thai wife, and she is an expert on everything, even things she doesnt yet know, a black american is a farang because he doesnt come from Thailand nor is he Asian.

15 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

According to my Thai wife, and she is an expert on everything, even things she doesnt yet know, a black american is a farang because he doesnt come from Thailand nor is he Asian.

I guess we know who wears the pants in your household. 

• Haha 1

This whole forum blows my mind. On one topic people complain about Thai racism and how it's so unfair, then on this topic people are being racist against someone only because they come from a different country than they do. 

Can't have it both ways people. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Ok, US soldier.

Doubt he got sucker punched, this is not a western country where that type of stuff happens often. Most likely he did something to piss the Thai off.

Eh?

Sucker punches, kicks to the head, ganging up on someone and other cowardly behaviour is common in Thailand.

• Agree 1

I have lived in Thailand for over twenty years and no one, including Thais, have punched me. Of course I do not talk trash with the locals nor am I a member of a minority that has special rights in the United States. I also hate Hip Hop, so I got that going for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

My guess he said something to a thai got upset and was punched.He maybe does not realise what he said at the time.Previous comment if really upset they would be alot of his friends around and more damage is spot one.

Ebonics is very difficult to understand. Maybe he said something that sounded like an offensive word to the Thai person.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

He either hates Basketball or rap music or he got ripped off once on some "Pink Coke" by a Nigerian drug dealer.

Hey, it was just a bunch of cheap ketamine, esctacy and caffeine. 🤣

You only mentioned a few, I am sure there are hundreds more.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was there hundreds of times. Never had a fight or even a dangerous situation.

Just relax and respect the locals. 

Like anywhere else, if you go out looking for trouble, you can certainly find it in Pattaya. Overall, considering what the place is about, boozing and sex, there are fewer incidents than one would expect.. especially if one throws the international mix into the equation. I have been close a few times personally......but remain unscathed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Like anywhere else, if you go out looking for trouble, you can certainly find it in Pattaya. Overall, considering what the place is about, boozing and sex, there are fewer incidents than one would expect.. especially if one throws the international mix into the equation. I have been close a few times personally......but remain unscathed.

if there's one thing I learnt about going out in Thailand since I first came here it's that you don't go to strange Thai bars alone,  you don't go to new unfamiliar night spots alone ....    I have always gone with a Thai friend or friends and never had any problem or issue at all,  however I did go to a new bar years ago alone and was robbed of my mobile on the bar.   

14 hours ago, Trippy said:

This whole forum blows my mind. On one topic people complain about Thai racism and how it's so unfair, then on this topic people are being racist against someone only because they come from a different country than they do. 

Can't have it both ways people. 

No, only towards yanks and only coz they deserve it.  :stoner:

26 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

No, only towards yanks and only coz they deserve it.  :stoner:

Yep, when you're the big kid on the block all the wannabees want to test you, I get it. My point is, don't complain about Thai racism if you are racist yourself.

Edited by Trippy
  • Confused 1

On 12/9/2023 at 10:05 AM, Trippy said:

Yep, when you're the big kid on the block all the wannabees want to test you, I get it. My point is, don't complain about Thai racism if you are racist yourself.

What big Kid?  We were talking big mouth werent we?  Or are you talking about the big kid who had to run away from the last few wars?  Yeah I know, you didnt retreat , you just advanced in anotrher direction...the opposite lol!

• Confused 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:58 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"You should be suspended at least".

If he "should be suspended at least" [sic], then you should be also, surely, as you're doing exactly what he is doing...expressing an opinion?

No dear. There is a big difference. But babble on as you do best. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/8/2023 at 1:24 PM, Bday Prang said:

Well I am quoting you again and  regardless what you think, I will quote anything and anybody  I want to  on this forum,including you if I wish. I am not quite sure who you think you are , but I am beginning to understand why, on your own admission, you have had problems here in the past, and my prediction is, that you will no doubt have more problems in the future. 

I will quote you again if you reply,  you are very antagonistic yet appear to start crying when somebody responds, The correct response to me stating that his occupation is irrelevant would have been to simply agree. or if you feel that his occupation was relevant then you have had ample opportunity to explain why.  In the meantime feel free to assess my motives in whatever way you feel appropriate, my cursor is hovering over the quote button in anticipation

Obviously, you are free and entitled to quote anyone anytime. However, when you make an argumentative comment to me alone, despite other earlier posts in similar vein, I will question your motives. 

Regarding the guy's occupation, I don't agree that my "correct response" to your post is to simply agree or "explain why" just because your ego thinks you get set the agenda.

Calling me antagonistic and a crybaby is classic projection.

Edited by Old Croc

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Obviously, you are free and entitled to quote anyone anytime. However, when you make an argumentative comment to me alone, despite other earlier posts in similar vein, I will question your motives. 

Regarding the guy's occupation, I don't agree that my "correct response" to your post is to simply agree or "explain why" just because your ego thinks you get set the agenda.

Calling me antagonistic and a crybaby is classic projection.

Look, you were the one questioning  whether he was a Marine or a soldier,   here's what you said...

"Small query - is a US soldier a marine, I understand marines hate being described as a soldier. They are part of the navy."

I quoted you and simply commented that his occupation was irrelevant in the context of this story.  Which it clearly is.  That is all I said , but for some inexplicable reason, I seem to have touched a nerve, I can't really understand why you got so upset and to be honest I really don't care

Your 1st response was ...."I'm sure there's no personal rancor in singling me out for petty censure"     "petty censure" !

Realising you were a little upset but not understanding why,  I   replied.....Nothing personal at all, why are you so sensitive, ?

To which you replied....."Perhaps my sensitivities stem from others who do stalk my posts and attack my opinions because of personal dislike"

Hardly a rational response. and indicative of paranoia

In a futile attempt to ease your troubled mind and to reassure you that there was no personal dislike  (there is now by the way) I commented...

"Well you can rest assured that I am not "stalking you"    Do you consider his former occupation of any relevance?"

Bizarrely, and evading the question of the relevance of his occupation  you continued.....

"Don't quote me nor seek my assent for your views.It could lead to me incorrectly assessing your motives"

you were clearly getting worked up weren't you? 

Anyway in your final attempt to wind me up which I have quoted above you have clearly demonstrated to me, and everybody else here, that you are indeed , nothing more than  an antagonistic crybaby   (your words)

So if you are not going to agree and feel unable to discuss the relevance of his military past with me, then, I suggest you put on the aircon , pour yourself a sweet milky cup of tea, and have a little afternoon nap.  It probably won't help with your issues but it will save me wasting anymore of my time quoting and responding to your silly old mans rants.  

On 12/8/2023 at 7:59 PM, Keep Right said:

Ebonics is very difficult to understand. Maybe he said something that sounded like an offensive word to the Thai person.

The soldier in the photo is a Ivy League graduate ,you  on the other hand are a graduate of the Stupid Bigots got lame jokes Academy.

18 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Look, you were the one questioning  whether he was a Marine or a soldier,   here's what you said...

"Small query - is a US soldier a marine, I understand marines hate being described as a soldier. They are part of the navy."

I quoted you and simply commented that his occupation was irrelevant in the context of this story.  Which it clearly is.  That is all I said , but for some inexplicable reason, I seem to have touched a nerve, I can't really understand why you got so upset and to be honest I really don't care

Your 1st response was ...."I'm sure there's no personal rancor in singling me out for petty censure"     "petty censure" !

Realising you were a little upset but not understanding why,  I   replied.....Nothing personal at all, why are you so sensitive, ?

To which you replied....."Perhaps my sensitivities stem from others who do stalk my posts and attack my opinions because of personal dislike"

Hardly a rational response. and indicative of paranoia

In a futile attempt to ease your troubled mind and to reassure you that there was no personal dislike  (there is now by the way) I commented...

"Well you can rest assured that I am not "stalking you"    Do you consider his former occupation of any relevance?"

Bizarrely, and evading the question of the relevance of his occupation  you continued.....

"Don't quote me nor seek my assent for your views.It could lead to me incorrectly assessing your motives"

you were clearly getting worked up weren't you? 

Anyway in your final attempt to wind me up which I have quoted above you have clearly demonstrated to me, and everybody else here, that you are indeed , nothing more than  an antagonistic crybaby   (your words)

So if you are not going to agree and feel unable to discuss the relevance of his military past with me, then, I suggest you put on the aircon , pour yourself a sweet milky cup of tea, and have a little afternoon nap.  It probably won't help with your issues but it will save me wasting anymore of my time quoting and responding to your silly old mans rants.  

Give it a rest little boy, you're just proving my first assessment of you. You even quoted my words "Small query" before turning it into the biggest thing in your little life.

Your personal attacks about age indicate your immaturity.  For information, I'm not English and detest tea, I have my own expresso machine. I don't use AC at all, only fans, but will admit to the occasional afternoon nap. 

Again projection. Your lengthy rant including quoting everything along the way proves it. Pathetic.

Feel free to keep going, I won't waste time responding to your rubbish again.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Give it a rest little boy, you're just proving my first assessment of you. You even quoted my words "Small query" before turning it into the biggest thing in your little life.

Your personal attacks about age indicate your immaturity.  For information, I'm not English and detest tea, I have my own expresso machine. I don't use AC at all, only fans, but will admit to the occasional afternoon nap. 

Again projection. Your lengthy rant including quoting everything along the way proves it. Pathetic.

Feel free to keep going, I won't waste time responding to your rubbish again.

Still managing to avoid my question as to why his former occupation is relevant, You should have been a politician. Dodging questions whilst spewing out diversionary b/s.