Mor Prom App.

phetphet

Heads up!

Noticed there was an update for the Mor Prom app on my iPhone this morning. Did the update and now is asking for Citizen ID / User number and Password.

Never happened before with previous updates.

As I recall, there was a 13 or 14 digit registration number as User ID. I don’t think there was ever a Password, so maybe have to re-register before being able to open the app.

Might be better not to update for now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Heads up!

Noticed there was an update for the Mor Prom app on my iPhone this morning. Did the update and now is asking for Citizen ID / User number and Password.

As I recall, there was a 13 or 14 digit registration number as User ID. I don’t think there was ever a Password, so maybe have to re-register before being able to open the app.

I have always had a password for the Mor Prohm app on my phone (Android).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Heads up!

I previously did not enter a password to open the app (Android), but after upgrading the app, it now asks for one.

Enter your user ID and click "forgot Password" on the login screen and it will take you through a process to set a password.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

2 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I previously did not enter a password to open the app, but after upgrading the app, it now asks for one.

Enter your user ID and click "forgot Password" on the login screen and it will take you through a process to set a password.

Not entering a password when opening the app is not the same as not having a password. It's quite normal for your phone to remember the password for an app so you don't have to enter it every time, and when that app is then updated to a new version the phone is no longer able to find the associated password. As an example, every time the Nord VPN app is updated I have to reenter the password on my phone, but then the phone will remember it until the next update.

Obviously, with more sensitive apps like mobile banking apps, you will have to enter your password every time for security reasons.

When you first set the app up long ago you should have registered your phone number and a password.

You ought to be able to recover / renew your PW from the lost-password link (you may need a Thai person to assist). I've never tried it; I recorded my log-in details (I did have to hunt for them mind).

6 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Not entering a password when opening the app is not the same as not having a password. It's quite normal for your phone to remember the password for an app so you don't have to enter it every time, and when that app is then updated to a new version the phone is no longer able to find the associated password. As an example, every time the Nord VPN app is updated I have to reenter the password on my phone, but then the phone will remember it until the next update.

Obviously, with more sensitive apps like mobile banking apps, you will have to enter your password every time for security reasons.

My bad I didn't explain very well. I didn't have a password prior to today.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

When you first set the app up long ago you should have registered your phone number and a password.

You ought to be able to recover / renew your PW from the lost-password link (you may need a Thai person to assist). I've never tried it; I recorded my log-in details (I did have to hunt for them mind).

I use a password manager, which I checked and didn't have a password specified for the app. Having said that, it is possible that I failed to record it.

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I previously did not enter a password to open the app (Android), but after upgrading the app, it now asks for one.

Same as you, I have never needed to enter a username or password. Just always opened the app on my iPhone.

After today’s update it would not open and asked for username and password.

I finally found my yellow book and got my 13 digit ID number for foreigners. Used that with ‘forgot password’ to create a new password. Received a one time password to do this…all good until trying to login again without success.

When I press login a screen full of computer code flashes up. See a few lines below for any code savvy members. It does show my ID number and name in the code, so there must be some sort of error.

Cannot screenshot for some reason. 

DatabaseExceptionErrorDomain=FMDatabase Code=1”table user has no column named dspname “UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=table user has no column named dspname})sql ‘INSERT INTO user (id, pid, pid_enc, dspname, dspename, passcode, biometric, http_token) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) args…

On 12/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I have a 13 digit number but the app asks fort he number on the back of my ID card which obviously I don't have, how did you overcome this?

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I have a 13 digit number but the app asks fort he number on the back of my ID card which obviously I don't have, how did you overcome this?

While my pink card DOES have a number on the back it may well be that the way the number is structured is not be the same as a Thai ID card

Thai card

IMG_7717.thumb.jpeg.120815e980d5dbf96db1b2dd2e12e157.jpeg
Pink card

IMG_7718.jpeg.b886c0f5781d716f39db307a332b7c9b.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I used the 13 digit number that is in the yellow vaccination book. My one starts with

600000xxxxxxx

I entered that as username/ ID number and clicked on forgot password. I was then sent a one time password to allow me to set a new login password.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I used the 13 digit number which was assigned to me when I got vaccinated. 

Yes, me too. I was trying to get to the certificate that shows my vaccination schedule but that screen is  coming later, or so it says.  I have entered the 13 digits number I got from when I was vaccinated but I'm still being asked for the number on the back of my ID card which obviously I don't have and there's no option to avoid that request. I amy be doing something fundamentally wrong, I may have to let the next door neighbours ten year old to sort it for me. :)

On 12/11/2023 at 8:34 AM, Mike Lister said:

Yes, me too. I was trying to get to the certificate that shows my vaccination schedule but that screen is  coming later, or so it says.  I have entered the 13 digits number I got from when I was vaccinated but I'm still being asked for the number on the back of my ID card which obviously I don't have and there's no option to avoid that request. I amy be doing something fundamentally wrong, I may have to let the next door neighbours ten year old to sort it for me. :)

When I open the app I am presented with the screen shown in image 1.

1702344440115.jpg

I enter the 13 digit number and password and get screen 2.

1702344458487.jpg

Then I select Health Certificate and get this screen.

1702344486146.jpg

Then I select the Vaccination of Covid-19 and it displays the vaccination certificate.

Have you got the latest version of the app?

My version says 1.3.2 (303), store 1.2.8, Production mode.

Sorry about the crap images, but the app security prevents screen copies from being taken and I had to use my wife's phone to take pictures.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

When I open the app I am presented with the screen shown in image 1.

1702344440115.jpg

I enter the 13 digit number and password and get screen 2.

1702344458487.jpg

Ah, silly me, I'm using Line for access, no wonder we see different things. Thanks for posting that, I'll download the app! Duh.....!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Cor blimey is that still running?

I bought a new phone about 2 years ago and never bothered to re-install it. 

Unfortunately yes. It's odd how different people like to use different apps for communication, my niece uses Line to send messages and photo's from Uni so I can't get rid of it.

• Confused 1

On 12/8/2023 at 4:49 PM, topt said:

Can I ask why is anyone updating or even keeping the app?

I couldn't see any further use for it (possibly shortsighted?) so deleted it a while ago.............

I agree, this was the Civd app, right?

No one cares anymore.

Whe Mor Phrom was first launched there was a plan to expand it's use beyond COVID features and make it a record of all medical issues.

That's one reason I kept it and maybe the reason for recent updates. There's an indication on the app now that may be the case as it refers to accessing "your personal health records" which I don't recall from before.