Krungsri asking for personal income details

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did a 50k transfer yesterday using the app and it said personal details needed updating, question was source of income, various options, i chose savings. I'm wondering if this is ahead of the planned taxation of falang

I've had that pop up on a couple of my bank account apps. TTB is the strictest of the Banks I use by far.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Did a 50k transfer yesterday

Is that THB or GBP? I did a 132K THB transfer beginning of the week. No questions asked. SCB!

I made a B150,000 transfer out on the Krungsri phone app on 16th November.  No interrogation for me either.  I'd done the facial recognition exercise, though, maybe that has something to do with it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Did a 50k transfer yesterday using the app and it said personal details needed updating, question was source of income, various options, i chose savings. I'm wondering if this is ahead of the planned taxation of falang

Had you done the facial recognition thing?

The talked-about taxation implementation is not just for "farang", it's for all nationalities, including Thais.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Had you done the facial recognition thing?

The talked-about taxation implementation is not just for "farang", it's for all nationalities, including Thais.

I'd done the facial recognition thing before, this was a new phone though, but this income requirement wasn't asked previously, a new thing it seems

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd done the facial recognition thing before, this was a new phone though, but this income requirement wasn't asked previously, a new thing it seems

Very odd, I've just done a successful B50,001 transfer out on the basis of this thread and the only requirement was a face selfie, no other questions.

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I made a B150,000 transfer out on the Krungsri phone app on 16th November.  No interrogation for me either.  I'd done the facial recognition exercise, though, maybe that has something to do with it?

Doesn't make sense ..."I'd done ..,how is that for punctuation? 

😮

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Very odd, I've just done a successful B50,001 transfer out on the basis of this thread and the only requirement was a face selfie, no other questions.

uninstall the app or install on a new device and you'll probably get the income question. Maybe there's a balance threshold 

Edited by scubascuba3

On 12/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, scubascuba3 said:

They keep asking to go in for a photo to be taken for transfers of over 50k, not bothered to do it

On 12/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, LS24 said:

I've had that pop up on a couple of my bank account apps. TTB is the strictest of the Banks I use by far.

I use ttb and I did a transfer for 115kTHB last week using the app, because they've taken the online direct banking web site down, and no issues at all. Also ttb are stating foreigners are exempt from photo ID. So as scubascuba said, not all the banks are in line with this policy.

Edited by TigerandDog