Chinese top visa holder summoned and fined over distorted claims about Bangkok’s notorious Nana

webfact

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The media publicised it, not the police and immigration.

By arresting and possibly deporting the Chinese women they escalated it themselves in the media.

Instead of keeping quiet [Like Thaksins daughter]  the story would have buried itself in a couple of days.

Now because of their knee-jerk reaction it's headline news.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Depends how you define work, doesn't it? She has a job as an influencer and makes a living from it - a good one it seems, with an Elite Card and luxury hotel accommodation. I have no time for such people, but clearly very many do. To say she and others of her ilk have never worked is just plain wrong. It's work Jim, but not as we know it.

Yes, my Buddha.

When the sun goes down its getting dark.

• Confused 3

So..

A Chinese woman "influencer" (I also hate that term) live streams from Nana to china in chinese.  

A couple of days later the Thai media and the RTP are all cranked up and know all about her and her activities. She gets busted for working live stream sales.

Had to be the chicom monotors that ratted her out to the RTP.

Whadda you think?

• Like 2

If I were a sexy woman---rather than the stud muffin I am---I would feel safer on Soi 4 near Nana than most other places in the world. The place is filled with knights in shining armor, anxious to prove their mettle and save damsels in distress. If a woman was grabbed and pulled away---as the Chinese "Influencer" said she feared---a hundred men in that very public place would come to her rescue. There's never going to be a Kitty Genovese anywhere near Nana Plaza.

In the "few" times I have walked near or into NEP, I have seen smiling Chinese female tourists heading into Billboard or some other agogo anxious for an experience. Plenty of young Chinese couples, too. I've seen giggling Chinese women slipping 20 baht notes into the bikini bottoms of women on stage.

Maybe one Chinese tourist getting shot by a crazed kid in Siam Paragon scared off other Chinese visitors, but the thrill of seeing an open and vibrant nightlife area is going to attract both male and female Chinese tourists, being herded by a guy carrying a pennant, just like Walking Street in Pattaya has long done

Queue the tour busses; Nana is going to get even more crowded.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I never had a problem in Nana. My friends and I would go to restaurants, pubs, and clubs there back in my 20s. We would go to restaurants with hookah before or after clubbing. Sometimes just us ladies, other times with our guy friends. But that was around 2000 until 2010+ Nightlife in Bangkok was a lot safer then. Not sure of how it is lately, last time I was in Nana was just to buy some spices in an Arab shop haha.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, captnhoy said:
40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

She hasn't been deported. She has been fined and warned.

...found herself summoned, charged, fined and warned off by Immigration Bureau police

Here is the headline that brought me here

NANA Video Uproar: Chinese Woman Faces Deportation

Yes, Well, we know what the headline is meant to do. It's called c**** b***, but if we call it that we get warned by the mods here. She doesn't face deportation. She has been fined and warned. Case closed. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

To think that I was about to write a letter to the editor of the B*****Post, what should I do? Should I now be wary if someone from the Brown Boys doesn't like what I write?

Why should you be wary?  Your letter to the Bangkok Post will only be a problem if it contains a confession to your working here illegally as that woman was, apparently, that being the only thing she was charged with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Homburg said:

That said, Soi Nana is rather less dangerous than the "pedestrian" crossing on Sukhumvit between Soi Nana and Soi 3, which has lights for the pedestrians, but none for vehicles on the westbound carriageway!

That said, you are posting nonsense...that crossing and junction does have traffic lights controlling vehicles heading west towards the expressway at Soi 1.