Visa questions

I have a question about staying in Thailand.  I am a U.S. citizen so I qualify for a visa exempt entry.  On some previous visits I have just applied online for a 60 day e-visa before my trip, with a U.S. Thai Consulate, since my stay was  over 30 days.  My last visit was in July and August 2023 for 30 days so no 60 day e-visa was necessary.  
I will going to Thailand again in January 2024.  I plan to stay for 6 weeks.  I will have a return ticket.  Instead of applying for a 60 day e-visa, I want to know if I can visit another SEA country for a few days, and then return to Thailand and get another 30 visa exempt stamp which would cover the rest of my 6 week stay.  My return ticket is dated past 30 days, but within 60 days. In the past I have heard that Thailand may not want to issue another 30 day exempt visa.  Please clarify. 

Also, If I get a 60 day e-visa and want to travel to another country during the 60 days, I would need either a multiple entry e-visa or apply for a re-entry permit at an immigration office.  Are there any immigration offices near Asok?

Thanks 

38 minutes ago, rrroberts said:

My return ticket is dated past 30 days, but within 60 days.

It is your air carrier that may refuse you boarding if you do not have an exit within 30 days

39 minutes ago, rrroberts said:

Are there any immigration offices near Asok?

No, Chaeng Wattana and Laksi

• Agree 1

OP for visa exempt entries you may likely require an onward flight for airline at departure.

Your plan to take a mini holiday (eg Saigon) would work no problem.

That way you trip out of Thailand (onward flight) to cover your first  visa exempt exempt and your exit back ticket back to states to cover to cover the second entry.

With a SETV you would require a single reentry permit.

1000b available at airport on departure (quick easy process).

Without the mini trip out you could still use visa exempt entry however you may require onward ticks.

Sites such as "onwardticket.com" would cover that.

Be aware that each visa exempt and tourist visa entry can be extended by 30 days at your immigration office by 30 days (1900 baht) 

Screenshot_20231209-170810.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can extend your stay domestically for 1,900 baht. If leaving the country and re-entering, you'll get another 30 days visa exempt entry.

Your ticket return date is your problem, you will need a ticket out of Thailand within your 30 days visa exempt stay. As mentioned above, it might be the airline checking you at the departure destination. The flight reservation method, also mentioned above, is often recommended and might work, I have no experience, and I either haven't hear about any problems using that method. Otherwise a cheap budget airline ticket our of Thailand can be the solution, especially if you already wish to visit a neighboring – or other – country.

If you apply for 60-days tourist visa from home it needs to be multiple entry, to re-enter on the same visa. However, with a 60-days visa you return ticket is no problem and you will still get 30 days visa-exempt when re-entering.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP for visa exempt entries you may likely require an onward flight for airline at departure.

Your plan to take a mini holiday (eg Saigon) would work no problem.

That way you trip out of Thailand (onward flight) to cover your first  visa exempt exempt and your exit back ticket back to states to cover to cover the second entry.

With a SETV you would require a single reentry permit.

1000b available at airport on departure (quick easy process).

Without the mini trip out you could still use visa exempt entry however you may require onward ticks.

Sites such as "onwardticket.com" would cover that.

Be aware that each visa exempt and tourist visa entry can be extended by 30 days at your immigration office by 30 days (1900 baht) 

Screenshot_20231209-170810.jpg

Onward ticket service does not always provide a full flight ticket within 60 seconds. You receive a flight reservation confirmation of payment, but the Confirming Reservation with Ticket number and Confirmation Code is sent via separate email and could be delayed.

It happen to me fairly recently and I received the confirming booking email along with a message that the confirming ticket reservation would be sent when office hours open again a number of hours later, (see below). I don't know if there was some maintenance issue going on at the time or if it was the flight destination I picked. It didn't affect me as I purchased the ticket ahead of time rather than doing as some suggest and waiting to find out at flight check in you need it and stepping out of line to buy one. I would be cautious and purchase ahead of time. 

• If any information above is not correct, please reply to this email and let us know.
  • Your ticket will be delivered in another email, after the booking process is complete from our end.
  • You can view this booking order's details and its updated status at My Booking.
  • Expect delay in the ticket delivery process! This booking order was made out of our ticket office hours and is queued to be processed as soon as our office is open in the morning (08:00AM GMT+07:00, approximately 5 hours and 10 minutes from now). Thank you for your patience!

• Like 1