Car Insurance

stix40

Guys

Looking to renew car insurance.

Presently with ford preferred insurance as the car was from new 1st year free .

Renewal premium seems expensive.

With no option to pay any excess.

Any recommendations for insurance using dealer preferred repair and good customer service? 

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Roojai, download the app or find it on the web.

Thanks jbc 

I have looked at that company , have you ever had a claim with them and we're they quick and handling etc ?

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Thanks jbc 

I have looked at that company , have you ever had a claim with them and we're they quick and handling etc ?

Thanks 

I came close to a claim, I called them out when someone grazed my back bumper, both insurance companies attended promptly, the other party denied it even though there was CCTV evidence.  Roojai said without the other party admitting guilt they would repair the damage but it would class as an at fault claim, they called it knock for knock, I told them to forget it and I would pay for it myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I am with AXA. I have used them since the car was new (2013).

I have no idea how good they are as I have never made a claim. They were recommended by a local insurance agent that I have known for years.

Cheers tropical

I'll get a quote

Thanks for replying 

• Like 1

Yes Roojai...the kangaroo. Can do everything online, including video inspection. Very simple, but don't wait in the cue for your video inspection unless you are fluent in Thai or have a capable interpreter. I waited nearly an hour before my turn, only to have a non-English speaking agent. He then said an English speaker would call back in 5 minutes. It was 45 minutes later. Call them and make an appointment time for an English speaking agent to call you.

That is my only gripe. Everything else was smooth and easy. They have the best prices too. My car dealer offered 1st Class Top-Tier insurance from AXA or Allstate and the exact same top of the line coverage with Roojai was more than B9000 cheaper per year. 

Try the checkdi.com online insurance broker. They transparently provide you with a bunch of alternative policies and are helpful in case of any questions. I have used them for years under their former name Mister Prakan.

I went for the Tharnachat insurance. Great coverage (no deductible) and service, and very competitive prices. In case of a claim (I had some minor scratches) they send someone out to you to assess the damage within 24 hours. However, this guy hardly spoke any English - best to have a Thai native with you upon inspection date.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, stix40 said:

Guys

Any recommendations for insurance using dealer preferred repair and good customer service? 

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same situation as you with Ford. I tried to add an excess and named drivers to reduce the 20+k premium. I'm now back to Roojai (that's who I used on my previous car) and pay 10k. You can choose to use the dealer repair service, but that will be an extra few thousand a year. Not worth it in my opinion though as I've only made one small claim in 10 years here. That would have been an extra 20-30k  premium during that period for the luxury to use them once. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

I was in the same situation as you with Ford. I tried to add an excess and named drivers to reduce the 20+k premium. I'm now back to Roojai (that's who I used on my previous car) and pay 10k. You can choose to use the dealer repair service, but that will be an extra few thousand a year. Not worth it in my opinion though as I've only made one small claim in 10 years here. That would have been an extra 20-30k  premium during that period for the luxury to use them once. 

Cheers Alien 

Sounds like a good idea 👍

On 12/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, stix40 said:

Guys

Thanks in advance.

I use Roojai insurance you can pay it monthly as well think it’s over 10 months if you have a Dashcam I think it’s 10% discount 

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2023 at 11:03 PM, jimn said:

Yes Roojai cheapest but its all great until you need to claim. I think they use preferred garages not main dealers as well. I have always used

https://www.viriyah.com/

I am looking to change from Viriyah , but the new Insurance agent wants to know what % No claims do I have , if any.

I have looked at my Viriyah Insurance doc. from last year and there is sign of the no claims anywhere .

Does it appear on yours or is there somewhere I can find it.

I don't want to ring Viriyah and ask , as I would like it to be on an official doc. from them.

4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I am looking to change from Viriyah , but the new Insurance agent wants to know what % No claims do I have , if any.

I have looked at my Viriyah Insurance doc. from last year and there is sign of the no claims anywhere .

I don't want to ring Viriyah and ask , as I would like it to be on an official doc. from them.

Does your insurance doc have a "discounts" line ?

image.png.3ea0b2b9c7066c5b10d8ddb0f68fbddf.png

In a similar vein, does anyone know roughly what a renewal on a one year old Alphard minivan should cost. I had one accident (my fault) that cost 15000 baht to repair at Toyota.

The van came with free insurance but they now want about 50k baht for renewal....we have got other quotes from Viriyha which a 2-5000Baht cheaper (5000 cheaper if we are prepared to go to a shop that they specify, which I'm not). 

Roojai quoted 39000K but I don't like internet insurance....I like an office nearby that I can go in and talk to an actual person. 

13 minutes ago, retarius said:

In a similar vein, does anyone know roughly what a renewal on a one year old Alphard minivan should cost. I had one accident (my fault) that cost 15000 baht to repair at Toyota.

The van came with free insurance but they now want about 50k baht for renewal....we have got other quotes from Viriyha which a 2-5000Baht cheaper (5000 cheaper if we are prepared to go to a shop that they specify, which I'm not). 

Roojai quoted 39000K but I don't like internet insurance....I like an office nearby that I can go in and talk to an actual person. 

https://www.mrkumka.com/en/

compares policies from different insurers.

punch in you deets...get a qoute.

then go to the local office of the insurance company.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:59 PM, JBChiangRai said:

I came close to a claim, I called them out when someone grazed my back bumper, both insurance companies attended promptly, the other party denied it even though there was CCTV evidence.  Roojai said without the other party admitting guilt they would repair the damage but it would class as an at fault claim, they called it knock for knock, I told them to forget it and I would pay for it myself.

Had a similar thing happen, they came to inspect my damage, the guy who damaged my car, said he would pay for it, then peed of back to NZ. ( I made a police report) I had tracked down where he lived here, through friends, we got to his covered car, he helped remove the cover, and took loads of photos, this was on a Sunday and he had come from Trat to KC, he then put in the claim, then the guy came back, the quote I had was 10K, 'coz I wanted a new rear 'plastic' bumper, eventually got the money out of him, went back for the repair and the garage  guy said,  I can repair the existing one for 4k, fair enough, 6k in my pocket :thumbsup: :giggle::whistling:

Edited by brianthainess

28 minutes ago, retarius said:

Thanks Ralf, I'll try it.

Looks like possibly another layer between the policyholder and the insurer:  Mrkumka -> Roojai -> Krungthai Panich Insurance.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 4.57.19 PM.png

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

My insurance history: new Ford Ranger 2.2 2011 with the dealership 'free' one-year. Renewed with LMG (the 'free' carrier) and was around 20,000 baht. The following year (3rd year of insurance) shopped around and went with AXA as the broker was flexible on deductibles, etc.. I recall maybe around 16,000 baht.

Traded in for a new Ford Ranger 3.2 in 2015 and took the dealership 'free' one-year but declined their auto-renewal (around 18,000 baht) and went with AXA for around 16,000 baht. The following year I shopped around and went with roojai and been with them ever since. Truck is 8 years old now, and I pay around 8000 baht that includes the roadside assist (because you all know what "Ford" means).

No claims (50% NCB), named driver, any garage (as the dealer garage is a waste of money), latest annual fee 6397.44 baht.

roojai.PNG.073d7e58c34538e1fc4063ce831bad94.PNG

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 3:42 PM, NE1 said:

I just re insured with roojai from viriyah .

Just show them a copy of your old policy with no claims and you get the 20%

Viriyah way to expensive! 

I did mine with Roojai and the lady who did the video walk round of the car told the mrs that they had already checked my previous with Viriyah and it was a 50% no claims.

As you stated , Viriyah is expensive for what you hopefully never want to use.

Edited by NE1
  • Thumbs Up 1