Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Biden is still approving money to be allocated to Israel for the purchase of weapons and munitions.  That in itself makes Biden guilty of war crimes when he knows that Israel will use them to kill and maim anyone in Gaza as well as the West Bank.  

Those are not war crimes though , they are legitimate acts of war 

• Confused 2

Just now, Hanuman2547 said:

Not when you are targeting women, children, and other non-combatants.

Israel are targeting Hamas though , Israel have asked all the citizens , woman and children to go and stay in a safer area , ergo Israel are not targeting them .

Once again , this has been discussed numerous times before in various threads 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you read the article in question , how come you didn't see the quotes from Biden that I quoted and you then claimed them to be untrue ?

Something doesn't add up 

Whaa doesn't add up is that you haven't quoted a single word from Biden in this thread so I'm utterly confused.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They could have used that but it wouldn't be true. While the US did veto the ceasefire resolution, Biden did call for one previously. Moreover, Biden has said that there has to be a 2 state solution and that's a position currently at odds with Israel.

"In a statement, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had received the "full backing" of the US for its ground war and its goal of destroying Hamas and recovering hostages.

"Israel's security can rest on the United States, but right now it has more than the United States. It has the European Union, it has Europe, it has most of the world," he told donors to his 2024 re-election campaign in Washington."

Those two sentences are in the report above  , so it would have been true 

• Like 2

As president of the United States, Biden cannot afford to back Israel’s total freedom of action in Gaza. He cannot assume that Israeli aims fully coincide with those of the United States. As Biden himself had noted, this is the most extreme government in Israel’s history, with prominent Jewish supremacist ministers whose stated aims conflict with both U.S. interests and values and seek an opportunity to expel Palestinians from what they see as the land of Israel, including Gaza.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/bidens-dangerous-stance-on-the-war-in-israel-and-gaza/

• Confused 1

The leadership of Hamas have to be considered war criminals as well, and arrested and jailed in what ever country they live.

Without leadership of support, Hamas would not exist for too many more months. When I see the fighting are men

on TV in Palestine, I wonder how many of them are wounded Hamas fighters being taken to a hospital?

After all where do they all go when they are injured?

• Like 1

The leadership of Hamas have to be considered war criminals as well, and arrested and jailed in what ever country they live.

Without leadership of support, Hamas would not exist for too many more months. When I see the fighting are men

on TV in Palestine, I wonder how many of them are wounded Hamas fighters being taken to a hospital?

• Like 1

Here is a poll to give Biden nightmares. This is from Harvard, not Fox or CNN.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/16/news/majority-of-americans-18-24-think-israel-should-be-ended-and-given-to-hamas/

A majority of young Americans said they believe Israel should “be ended and given to Hamas,” according to a shocking poll.

The survey, conducted THIS WEEK by Harvard-Harris polling, found 51% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 said they believed the long-term answer to the Israel-Palestinian conflict was for “Israel to be ended and given to Hamas and the Palestinians.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

and you are going to volunteer to go get them from those countries, I have to assume.

They are not hanging out in countries that are just going to hand them over, are they!

Do you expect other people to do what you will not?

Try to keep up about the hospitals. Most of them have been removed from service by the israelis and if the ones left operating dared to treat a Hamas fighter the israelis would use that as an excuse to bomb them- you know they want to, don't you?

They probably have facilities underground to treat their wounded.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here is a poll to give Biden nightmares. This is from Harvard, not Fox or CNN.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/16/news/majority-of-americans-18-24-think-israel-should-be-ended-and-given-to-hamas/

A majority of young Americans said they believe Israel should “be ended and given to Hamas,” according to a shocking poll.

The survey, conducted THIS WEEK by Harvard-Harris polling, found 51% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 said they believed the long-term answer to the Israel-Palestinian conflict was for “Israel to be ended and given to Hamas and the Palestinians.”

Why? The poll confirms the majority of Americans support Israel, its only that one age group who have split views

“These individuals siding with evil over democracy should be a wake-up call,” Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kansas) told The Post. “Ideological rot among young Americans, driven by woke values and victim culture, has gotten so bad they’ve convinced themselves to sympathize with actual terrorists who hate America,”

image.png.f362f482f4d08bb58a7d8555ed5d7e34.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, Bkk Brian said:

You were not the only one to make such obvious comments weeks ago, much of the media and even key players in this war did as well. However you are the first to revisit it to try and make a point.

No, the thread is doing that.

Defending Israel I understand, denying facts I don't.

• Like 1

Love it! Now stop financially supporting them, too, and let's see how far they're gonna get then. They love to play the victim, but they've become the oppressor a long time ago and they are equally as much to blame for what's going on there as Hamas.

Having said that, as long as Hamas resorts to terrorist means they'll never get global support amd I'll never understand how they can feed their own people to the wolves like that! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Love it! Now stop financially supporting them, too, and let's see how far they're gonna get then. They love to play the victim, but they've become the oppressor a long time ago and they are equally as much to blame for what's going on there as Hamas.

Having said that, as long as Hamas resorts to terrorist means they'll never get global support amd I'll never understand how they can feed their own people to the wolves like that! 

The USA aid to Israel is about 2 % of their GDP and the USA aid money gets spent back in the USA

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Thirty years of oppression hasn't produced any results positive for Palestinians, and the rest of the world has ignored them.

The rest of the world isn't ignoring them now. Perhaps Hamas thought sacrificing some Palestinians was better than living under occupation for ever. However, I suppose they thought the response would be like every time before, and didn't expect the wholesale destruction of Gaza and the indiscriminate bombing killing so many. By the time they realised, it was too late.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1