Former Speaker Ryan: ‘Trump’s not a conservative, he’s an authoritarian narcissist’

CharlieH

On 12/14/2023 at 11:28 AM, Tug said:

Naaa and keep in mind the lady folk are not going to vote for the guy that set them back 50 years nor will most of the men the  clown car congress the betrayal of Ukraine that stuff ain’t sitting well with the majority of us.now to biden’s credit outstanding stock market outstanding employment inflation coming down interest rates soon to follow meaningful legislation infrastructure chips drug prices ect ect.or hot air trump 91 felony’s the documents case …….naaa not buying it 

I'd bet sum dem lady folk have heard of birth control.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

15 hours ago, JCauto said:

It is, just not in the way you think. When someone with a long record of voting based on conservative principles is cast aside in favor of completely inexperienced culture warrior politicians whose "principles" consist of following whatever whim the leader gets in his scatterbrained head that day, you have today's Republican Party. This is why you have experienced politicians, they understand how to negotiate, compromise and write legislation that can pass both Houses of Congress and become enacted. 

Recall how Trump and your favorite "new" politicians campaigned on completely ending Obamacare and putting in a better health care bill then couldn't do that even when in control of the House, Senate and Presidency. Sort of like hiring a bunch of novices then wondering why they don't know what they're doing and are so ineffective. Not that I'm complaining, one can't imagine the damage that might be caused by these same people who don't stand for or understand anything. 

LOL. Cheney didn't get the boot because she voted on conservative principles, IMO she got the boot because she is a horrible person and other people didn't like her. If you can't even be popular with your own party's voters, you don't make a very good politician, who's job it is is to get along with people. If a politician is so bad they can't even pass a primary, they are done.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/17/politics/liz-cheney-worst-defeat-house-incumbent/index.html

The surprising story out of Tuesday’s Republican House primary in Wyoming wasn’t that Rep. Liz Cheney lost. The pre-election polls all showed her losing handily to eventual winner Harriet Hageman.

The big news from the Cowboy State was her margin of defeat. Cheney’s loss is one of the biggest on record for a House incumbent

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Way too old. And a terrible running mate. A decent man. But, past his prime, as is Trump. If Trump ever even had a prime. 

Trump was pretty popular before he became POTUS. I've even seen photos of Hillary and Bill sucking up to him in earlier days.

Funny how people forget how they liked someone before they didn't, not.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Way too old. And a terrible running mate. A decent man. But, past his prime, as is Trump. If Trump ever even had a prime. 

A "decent man"? Pull the other one. More like a man good at covering his misdeeds IMO.

I trust no one that has sucked on the taxpayer teat for decades. Politicians should all be limited to 2 terms to keep them honest, IMO.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay $148 million for false 2020 election claims  

Two of his main men Manafort and now Rudy g scum   yet the orange one gets to run . Americans are too complacent to stand up to the seditious Fascists hoping that the system will take care of them -it will not.   I prefer a Civil War now to save Democracy or maybe joe can declare the election rigged and refuse to leave.Hopefully he wins OUTRIGHT.

Errr, you do know who has most of the guns in the US, don't you? If your wish came true ( do you really like death that much? ) it's likely your side would be the losers.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Tug said:

your opinion means nothing you can’t vote in my country thankfully 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errr, you do know who has most of the guns in the US, don't you? If your wish came true ( do you really like death that much? ) it's likely your side would be the losers.

WTF does errr mean?  If my choice is die preserving or attempting to preserve Democracy  or watch it wither away I hope I'm enough of a patriot to die fighting for it.  We have guns too.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A "decent man"? Pull the other one. More like a man good at covering his misdeeds IMO.

I trust no one that has sucked on the taxpayer teat for decades. Politicians should all be limited to 2 terms to keep them honest, IMO.

How about limiting a run at the presidency to only veterans, only people under 65 years old, people who have never filed for bankruptcy, and people who have children that are of age to serve in the military. And a promise that if the president declares war, his children will serve on the front line! How's that for a qualification? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

How about limiting a run at the presidency to only veterans, only people under 65 years old, people who have never filed for bankruptcy, and people who have children that are of age to serve in the military. And a promise that if the president declares war, his children will serve on the front line! How's that for a qualification? 

Also, how about requiring all candidates to pass a test in basic civics and foreign affairs, to demonstrate an understanding of separation of powers and conflict of interest, what an “oath of loyalty” means, and who the leaders of NATO countries are? If the hardest test you’re able to pass is a cognitive test used to measure dementia, what business do you have in the White House? Call me an elitist, but being a proven moron should definitely be disqualifying.

Since the SC Citizens United decision, corporate donations to politicians are 34:1 vs individual donations. Is it any wonder this results in the continue election of corrupt billionaires intent on protecting their wealth from the taxpayers? They give lip service to racism and christian values like abortion in return for their fealty and inducement to vote against their own interests. And the right wing call lefties sheeple.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Also, how about requiring all candidates to pass a test in basic civics and foreign affairs, to demonstrate an understanding of separation of powers and conflict of interest, what an “oath of loyalty” means, and who the leaders of NATO countries are? If the hardest test you’re able to pass is a cognitive test used to measure dementia, what business do you have in the White House? Call me an elitist, but being a proven moron should definitely be disqualifying.

Excellent point, not only a proven moron, but a fraudster, and a serial bankruptcy king, a draft dodger, and a man with multiple personality deficits. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Since the SC Citizens United decision, corporate donations to politicians are 34:1 vs individual donations. Is it any wonder this results in the continue election of corrupt billionaires intent on protecting their wealth from the taxpayers? They give lip service to racism and christian values like abortion in return for their fealty and inducement to vote against their own interests. And the right wing call lefties sheeple.

There is no doubt that the US political system is just as corrupt as the Thai system, it's just much further underground and much of the corruption comes through morally bankrupt individuals called lobbyists and their equally bankrupt overseers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Given that would exclude Biden, HRC, Harris and most of the politicians in Washington, I can agree with that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, charleskerins said:

WTF does errr mean?  If my choice is die preserving or attempting to preserve Democracy  or watch it wither away I hope I'm enough of a patriot to die fighting for it.  We have guns too.

You think you have an actual democracy in the US? LOL. I can't think of any western country that has actual democracy, though Switzerland comes the closest.

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2023 at 2:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I gave that a heart because Trump didn't murder anyone , so you must be talking about the other guy, the man who voted for a few wars, while not actually fighting in one himself. Politicians are great at sending other people's sons to die, aren't they?

No, Trump's just known as a rapist so far.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:54 AM, Tug said:

You are mistaken she got the boot because the rest of the republican house were and still are terrified of trump and the Republican voter base she has more courage and principles in her little pinky finger than the rest of the house republicans put together.

She got the boot because her state support shifted and she lost the Wyoming primary by a mile. Good riddance.

15 hours ago, nauseus said:

She got the boot because her state support shifted and she lost the Wyoming primary by a mile. Good riddance.

She got it because she didn't lick the boots of the orange Fascist and the  R party picked a whining seditionist over the Constitution. I fixed it for you nauseous.

• Haha 1