Questioned and nearly denied entry at BKK

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

Key takeway: The days of using a combination of ST visas to stay LT are probably over.

Tell this to Russians living in Thailand full time on border runs. But of course they know how to grease the wheel. There is even a Russian company that is in touch with Immigration at all major Thai airports. If you know you can get grilled, you contact this company in advance and they arrange a hassle free entry for you.

21 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Tell this to Russians living in Thailand full time on border runs. But of course they know how to grease the wheel. There is even a Russian company that is in touch with Immigration at all major Thai airports. If you know you can get grilled, you contact this company in advance and they arrange a hassle free entry for you.

Russians Chinese and maybe Sub Continent seem to have contacts/networks we don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

even though you did not have one?           They would not say that

No they didn't say that either

Your entire post is total fictional rubbish,    I would be very interested to know why you bothered,  

You are dumb. Why would I post this if it was not real? Surin is a dump and suits you well

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

They can do the same at land borders too.

It's unlikely because the IO's don't get any money from making you stay in the detention center and paying for an overpriced flight out.

If I get rejected at the land border I can just walk back to where I came from

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

It was a really bad idea to tell them this.  It shows intent of staying long term which is not what a tourist visa is for.

It would be much better if you told them you like coming to Thailand for some normal tourist activity like going to the beach or eating the food here.

This is incorrect, if I should not have told them that then why did they let me in? Staying long term on tourist visas and transitioning to marriage visa is very normal

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tmax said:

It's unlikely because the IO's don't get any money from making you stay in the detention center and paying for an overpriced flight out.

Walk being the operative word,  you should consider selling your Tmax, whatever one of those is, your card has been marked and your days are numbered 

16 hours ago, tmax said:

I explained my main reason for being in Thailand is I have a Thai girlfriend and we might get married soon

Why don't you quit farting about, get married and acquire THAT visa instead of playing lucky dip at border hops?

10 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Not normal tourist visa holders but perpetual tourists. The IO can do a quick calculation to figure out if you have lived more than 6 months or not

This just in... The person checking your passport at the airport or land border works for the Royal Thai Police Immigration Division, not the Revenue Department.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, tmax said:

...and then?

2 hours ago, Everyman said:

unfortunately there are a lot of “holier-than-thou-art” types on retirement visas who like to berate younger people who don’t have any long term visa options. 

by the same token,  there are a few savvy members who are fed up with the likes of the OP telling us how lucky and loved they think are

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tmax said:

This is incorrect, if I should not have told them that then why did they let me in? Staying long term on tourist visas and transitioning to marriage visa is very normal

Ok, so now it is obvious you are just a troll who made up a fake story.   Get a life.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tmax said:

You are dumb. Why would I post this if it was not real? Surin is a dump and suits you well

you are partly correct, it suits me down to the ground. I doubt you would be accepted though they don't like your sort here,   they don't like your sort anywhere,  the clock is ticking, enjoy while you can. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You should get a real visa through marriage, that’ll satisfy them. Only problem is you’ll have to put up with wives and families n shiit. 👍

@tmax the OP, only has to get married once. That will be more than enough for him! 

5 hours ago, tmax said:

They almost did but they liked me so they let me in. I'm not going anywhere you crusty boomer

I'll run you over on my Tmax when I see you

You'll soon be doing another border bounce hoping to be let back in , while I'm chillin like a Villain in my plush surroundings Comp. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Another brand new member and the 1st post again is another troll post of BKK denial/nearly denied. I think it's the same dude as the last two times trolling. Probably some old dude with too much times on his hands, keeps creating new accounts.

Or some Young 'dude' Jeez

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Or some Young 'dude' Jeez

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's one of the old dudes. It's usually some of the folks here on retirement visas who post telling the younger ones that they shouldn't be staying here on tourist visas. If it's a troll, I'm putting my money is on an old dude starting all these new accounts and posting "denial at BKK threads".

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Then try harder.

Sheesh.

Not really, their risk profile for dodgy deals is much higher than most farangs because they are taking other bigger risks rather than just trying to stay with their girlfriend.

To anyone reading this wondering how it's going to go for them:  I came in on my 8th visit to Thailand since April this year.  Arrived around 5:00 PM yesterday. In the "cattle car" area of immigration, not the special areas.  No Queue.  Walked right up to one of several IO stations and got stamped in in less than a minute.  (American, visa exempt, on a monthly visa run from China)  Also noticed the Chinese were pretty much independent travelers, without a flag lady to be seen on the plane.