‘He’s dog-whistling’: Trump denounced over anti-immigrant comment

CharlieH

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Because Biden is doing what his advisors tell him to do. Plus, it's not human nature to praise people effusively for doing well unless one is an authoritarian or religious or both. It is, however, human nature for everyone to strongly criticise someone who is doing poorly.

I guess it seems odd for authoritarians that people don't fawn over the dear leader, I don't know.

Almost a good answer but you had to spoil it by having the usual little dig at the end          

I wasn't expecting anyone  to" fawn" over anybody. But if a President or any other politician  has made a positive difference, one would expect his supporters and cronies to at least mention it from time to time in order to garner more support.    After all  only the president can  actually "do" anything  positive  or otherwise, so it makes sense to give the guy a bit of credit when he has done something positive, if only to balance the criticism he'll get when he performs badly. If he ended world poverty and invented a cure for cancer he still wouldn't get any compliments from the other side, but would  the humble dignified silence you allude to continue from his supporters ?

It's not ,as you say, human nature to "praise effusively", but giving  credit where and when its due seems normal enough to me and can only serve as encouragement which most would agree is a positive  .  As for criticism,  that's another aspect of human nature that can also have positive effects, when done constructively. 

Trump isn't doing poorly,   its the wrong tense, he "did" poorly, !    He isn't "doing" anything . he's not  the president ,  he lost the election,  so the human nature you are referring to is not  criticism, as such,  ii is the, sadistic urge to kick a man when he's down, generally  associated with cowards who are scared of what might happen to them if he gets back up,  your assertion that its normal for everybody join in hints at the kind of "pack of dogs" like mentality that often comes to the surface once a fallen victim has been identified.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Almost a good answer but you had to spoil it by having the usual little dig at the end          

I wasn't expecting anyone  to" fawn" over anybody. But if a President or any other politician  has made a positive difference, one would expect his supporters and cronies to at least mention it from time to time in order to garner more support.    After all  only the president can  actually "do" anything  positive  or otherwise, so it makes sense to give the guy a bit of credit when he has done something positive, if only to balance the criticism he'll get when he performs badly. If he ended world poverty and invented a cure for cancer he still wouldn't get any compliments from the other side, but would  the humble dignified silence you allude to continue from his supporters ?

It's not ,as you say, human nature to "praise effusively", but giving  credit where and when its due seems normal enough to me and can only serve as encouragement which most would agree is a positive  .  As for criticism,  that's another aspect of human nature that can also have positive effects, when done constructively. 

Trump isn't doing poorly,   its the wrong tense, he "did" poorly, !    He isn't "doing" anything . he's not  the president ,  he lost the election,  so the human nature you are referring to is not  criticism, as such,  ii is the, sadistic urge to kick a man when he's down, generally  associated with cowards who are scared of what might happen to them if he gets back up,  your assertion that its normal for everybody join in hints at the kind of "pack of dogs" like mentality that often comes to the surface once a fallen victim has been identified.

I'm not talking about losing an election. I'm talking about the rampant non stop criminality which has been the main feature of Trump's political and business life. Right now he's going down for duping investors over a mobile phone.

And, yes, it really is an authoritarian thing to praise the dear leader.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not talking about losing an election. I'm talking about the rampant non stop criminality which has been the main feature of Trump's political and business life. Right now he's going down for duping investors over a mobile phone.

I really could not care less what he's done, If he's broke the law that's a matter for the legal system. No need for any Biden supporter especially an Australian one at that to get so  upset.   what's it matter to you anyway ?

Truth is you are not a Biden supporter how could you be, how could anybody be happy with a geriatric  that position it defies logic that he's the best they could come up with

You are just a trump hater, he offends your obviously left wing views on life , and like anybody who is not aligned with your values he is seen as a threat and needs to be cancelled by any means.  

2 hours ago, candide said:

If you look at the current threads about Biden, you will find several posts by me and others showing the U.S. current economic performance and the benefits of Biden's policies. For example:

I don't dispute there were a  few positive posts about his policies, and i did see yours  but trying to find them amongst the insults being thrown was something i gave up on

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

If the economy is good, most people ain't feeling it.  Car loans at 10% plus. Mortgages at 7%, added to the rise in housing costs in general. High cost of living brought on by inflation.  I could go on. A strong majority of Americans disapprove of Biden's handling of the economy.

You can argue how much of it is fair or not, but the man at the big desk always takes the heat.  

All the trends are in a positive direction.

The man at the big desk will reap the benefits later this year.

Edited by Danderman123

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I really could not care less what he's done, If he's broke the law that's a matter for the legal system. No need for any Biden supporter especially an Australian one at that to get so  upset.   what's it matter to you anyway ?

Truth is you are not a Biden supporter how could you be, how could anybody be happy with a geriatric  that position it defies logic that he's the best they could come up with

You are just a trump hater, he offends your obviously left wing views on life , and like anybody who is not aligned with your values he is seen as a threat and needs to be cancelled by any means.  

Sorry, I don't discriminate the same as you.

Some people at 80 are in good shape.

And your man Trump is 77. Are you really going to support a candidate who would be 82 during their term in office?

Just now, Danderman123 said:

And your man Trump is 77. Are you really going to support a candidate who would be 82 during their term in office?

You do realise the irony in what you have just written ?

True some are on the ball into their 80's   some however are not, and from the countless clips I have seen Biden is one of the latter!

I don't support either of them , I thought I made that clear, and  if those two are the best that America can come up with it really is worrying for the rest of us.

But I know  who I would you rather have as a "phone a friend " option if I was in the chair on "who wants to be a millionaire"

not that i am suggesting that makes him a suitable president. I doubt Biden can tie his own shoelaces, he's probably incontinent too. Not a good image either

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You do realise the irony in what you have just written ?

True some are on the ball into their 80's   some however are not, and from the countless clips I have seen Biden is one of the latter!

I don't support either of them , I thought I made that clear, and  if those two are the best that America can come up with it really is worrying for the rest of us.

But I know  who I would you rather have as a "phone a friend " option if I was in the chair on "who wants to be a millionaire"

not that i am suggesting that makes him a suitable president. I doubt Biden can tie his own shoelaces, he's probably incontinent too. Not a good image either

Your opinion of Biden's mental capacity conflicts with those who work with him.

Do you think that you might be biased?

How about you explain Trump's mental condition, and why he makes so many flubs?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Trump was a crappy president.

He made a lot of promises, rarely delivered. Where's his health plan? Infrastructure plan?

Did Mexico pay for the Wall?

Weak.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why is it that the Biden supporters spend a lot of time criticising Trump but  never actually post anything positive about Biden ?

Biden Accomplishments

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems. 

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan. 

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health. 

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. 

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above) 

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan. 

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits. 

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket. 

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement. 

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland. 

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden. 

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions. 

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue. 

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history. 

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan. 

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins. 

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation. 

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027. 

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze 

Edited by Danderman123

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Your opinion of Biden's mental capacity conflicts with those who work with him.

Do you think that you might be biased?

How about you explain Trump's mental condition, and why he makes so many flubs?

I don't doubt for one minute ,that,  not only my opinion but the opinion of most people regarding Bidens mental faculties, is totally at odds with the carefully presented views of those that work with him. For god's sake do you expect them to admit what he's really like?   Do you really want me to go to the trouble of uploading the countless sad clips that abound on the internet, The guy is senile a blind man could tell from what he says and a deaf man could tell by how he moves.  It really is that obvious

I don't see Trump as senile yet, certainly not to the same degree, could well be autistic or a psychopath though

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

just like my original question has proved too "pathetic" for all but one to attempt to answer

There's no substance to your posts. You've consumed the MAGA Kool-Ade, but you don't seem to know much.

What's your opinion on taxation?

Should billionaires get further tax cuts?

Should there be niddle class tax relief?

What's your opinion on tax relief vs balancing the budget?

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden Accomplishments

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems. 

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan. 

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health. 

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. 

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above) 

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan. 

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits. 

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket. 

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement. 

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland. 

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden. 

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions. 

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue. 

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history. 

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan. 

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins. 

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation. 

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027. 

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze 

with so many of these amazing "achievements"  why is is even necessary to hurl childish insults at the opposition and their supporters  When with a little thought you could just emphasise the positives.  In a Kind of adult sort of way

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There's no substance to your posts. You've consumed the MAGA Kool-Ade, but you don't seem to know much.

What's your opinion on taxation?

Should billionaires get further tax cuts?

Should there be niddle class tax relief?

What's your opinion on tax relief vs balancing the budget?

I haven't consumed any MAGA anything , you are mistakenly thinking I thought America was great in the first place, I didn't 

The only opinion I have on tax is that I like to pay as little as possible,

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

He made a lot of promises, rarely delivered. Where's his health plan? Infrastructure plan?

Weak.

I never liked any of them,, but at least you present as a genuine Biden fan and not just a Trump hater,   

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I wasn't expecting anyone  to" fawn" over anybody. But if a President or any other politician  has made a positive difference, one would expect his supporters and cronies to at least mention it from time to time in order to garner more support. 

As others have mentioned, this is a thread about Trump. However, there have been plenty of posts listing (and lauding) Biden's positive achievements in multiple other threads.

If you haven't seen them, that just means you haven't been looking.

A link to at least one of those threads has already been posted on this thread.

If you try scanning the "World News" forum you can easily find others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As others have mentioned, this is a thread about Trump. However, there have been plenty of posts listing (and lauding) Biden's positive achievements in multiple other threads.

If you haven't seen them, that just means you haven't been looking.

A link to at least one of those threads has already been posted on this thread.

If you try scanning the "World News" forum you can easily find others.

According to another informed poster only authoritarians laud their dear leaders, 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden is a stuttering ruin, walks like a Roomba automatic floor cleaner. Trump not much better. More words but less meaning.

How about both parties agree to kicking them both to the side and nominating someone under the retirement age?

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden is a stuttering ruin, walks like a Roomba automatic floor cleaner. Trump not much better. More words but less meaning.

How about both parties agree to kicking them both to the side and nominating someone under the retirement age?

But Trump is stinky. The story of 24.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Weak.

Yes, Trump was and is crappy. 

On message.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

The weird thing about the right wing is that they think liberals worship the ground of whoever the dem president is. Unlike the right wing,. dems are party supporters, not "Biden supporters" per se. This is the difference between policy platform voters and personality politics.

It's not hard to be a trump hater. The religious right thinks he was sent by Jesus to save America from the lefties. Not just weird but totally insane. They don't get that he just says what he has to to rile up the religious right fanatics.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

That would be a good start, it would surely be  beneficial all round, to have a leader whose short to medium term plans will come to fruition before they have shuffled off this mortal coil. Not only that but I doubt neither will serve another full term without soiling themselves live on TV at some point

Edited by Bday Prang

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The weird thing about the right wing is that they think liberals worship the ground of whoever the dem president is. Unlike the right wing,. dems are party supporters, not "Biden supporters" per se. This is the difference between policy platform voters and personality politics.

It's not hard to be a trump hater. The religious right thinks he was sent by Jesus to save America from the lefties. Not just weird but totally insane. They don't get that he just says what he has to to rile up the religious right fanatics.

From what I can see,there are fanatics on both sides,  and they are both  by nature, easily wound up. I can understand how Trump can be the target of hate. whilst Biden seems to evoke a sad sort of pity, Neither is an ideal state of affairs considering the position they would hold if successful 

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

From what I can see,there are fanatics on both sides,  and they are both  by nature, easily wound up. I can understand how Trump can be the target of hate. whilst Biden seems to evoke a sad sort of pity, Neither is an ideal state of affairs considering the position they would hold if successful 

Fanatics on both sides in the order of believing that a deity sent their favourite politician to do God's work? This is an extreme example of both sides ism. No lefties believe God sent Biden or anybody else to do his work and save America. God does not vote Republican.

Are their any libs who come even close to this level of fanaticism? The southern baptists formed out of racism and it hasn't gone away. The GOP is about racism and the oligarchy.

https://time.com/5932014/donald-trump-christian-supporters/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/13/us-republicans-oligarchs-economics-nationalism

https://www.laprogressive.com/election-reform-campaigns/racism-and-oligarchy

Edited by ozimoron

17 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

This guy was talking to you.

“If you can defend this, you can defend anything,” wrote Russell Moore, a theologian who is also the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), in an excoriating editorial to his fellow evangelicals about the breach of the Capitol. The intruders displayed Jesus Saves signs next to those calling for the hanging of Vice President Mike Pence and, once in the building, thanked God for the opportunity “to get rid of the communists, the globalists and the traitors” within the U.S. government. “If you can wave this away with ‘Well, what about …'” added Moore, “then where, at long last, is your limit?”

https://time.com/5932014/donald-trump-christian-supporters/

Edited by ozimoron

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Fanatics on both sides in the order of believing that a deity sent their favourite politician to do God's work? This is an extreme example of both sides ism. No lefties believe God sent Biden or anybody else to do his work and save America. God does not vote Republican.

Do lefties not believe in god ?  I can't say I've ever given the matter much thought ?  Anybody  with extreme religious views should be banned from voting, Along with those that refuse to accept that men are men  and cannot become women,  All nutters in my opinion and unfit to vote