What are most Russians doing here and how are they financing themselves?

bob smith

I have met a few over the last 18 months, one worked for a oil company, another owned a crypto exchange who lived in Dubai, a few work online doing what I don't know, then there is the dodgy ones, 

Here in Phuket there has been a few of these taxi app's started up looks like Russians, one I know definitely is, if you watch FB groups, many car rent and bike rent, properties for rent anything to make a few quid. 

A friend of ours is a hairdresser (Thai) and she was telling us that we have Russians hairdressers working from home also doing nails, earlier this year up around Bang Tao area 3 of them got caught running a salon from home, 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

what a hell hole!

no wonder they drink so much vodka, just to take the edges off of that sad reality!

they drink vodka and take something else, just for the last two months, 3 russians have been arrested after being intoxicated, drunk, and naked they were attacking people in Pattaya, Phuket. Destroying cars in Jomtien. Few drunk russians killed people while driving cars.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I have met a few over the last 18 months, one worked for a oil company, another owned a crypto exchange who lived in Dubai, a few work online doing what I don't know, then there is the dodgy ones, 

Here in Phuket there has been a few of these taxi app's started up looks like Russians, one I know definitely is, if you watch FB groups, many car rent and bike rent, properties for rent anything to make a few quid. 

A friend of ours is a hairdresser (Thai) and she was telling us that we have Russians hairdressers working from home also doing nails, earlier this year up around Bang Tao area 3 of them got caught running a salon from home, 

I think the inevitable post high season clean up by immigration will require an extra large net next year.

could even be a case for big joke, you never know!

• Haha 1