What are most Russians doing here and how are they financing themselves?

bob smith

10 hours ago, anandra said:

Sewage is also a problem; 23% of Russians live without it. According to Rosstat, 18.1% of the population use cesspools, and 4.9% have no sanitation system at all. Among rural residents, 48.6% use cesspools. A third of Russians living in the private sector use an outdoor toilet. And 5.8% of Russian residents do not have any toilet at all

Those numbers are 1/2 of Thailand's -:)

PS. I meant Russia as country is rich. Very rich.

17 hours ago, geisha said:

They do, I’ve seen it myself. Do the travel agencies they have popping up all have licenses? Don’t know. They bought lots of cheap condos in the past 10 years, then rent them out to Russian acquaintances/ tourists. Probably villas too. Then they taxi them about, same system. I’ve been to a Russian owned , seemingly Thai massage , and the girl told me it was a Russian boss. They have restaurants too, look top of Jomtien , Russian market/ food etc and a whole load of condos . They probably have all sorts of  professions on hand, plumbers etc. They seem to live cheaply, I moved away, but one condo I was in, the whole ground floor were Russians studios. And they were cooking what smells like cabbage soup all day,  horrendous. Loud Russian music at the pool, screaming kids , I moved after a few months. I’ve heard walking street also has Russian girl bars. 

I’ve heard walking street also has Russian girl bars. , They have for sure not even one, on Walking Street, with Russian women near the entrance handing out advertising leaflets

2 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Those numbers are 1/2 of Thailand's -:)

PS. I meant Russia as country is rich. Very rich.

I mean as a country it is poor, in resources is rich, why cant you realise the difference, Venezuela is the richest country in oil, is it a rich country? The majority of russian land is taken from other nations, and I hope one day those nations will be free

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe Thai tourists go there to pick up foreign bar girls🤔

my friend, I know you are joking, but there are tourists on walking street from all over the world, those russian bars are quite popular there

Putin still has Western coutries by the balls:

"The US and its European allies moved fast to choke exports of Russian oil, natural gas and coal after Vladimir Putin ordered troops into Ukraine. When it comes to atomic energy, however, Kremlin-controlled Rosatom Corp. continues to be the dominant source of fuel for the world’s nuclear power stations — supplying about half of global demand for enriched uranium."

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Putin still has Western coutries by the balls:

"The US and its European allies moved fast to choke exports of Russian oil, natural gas and coal after Vladimir Putin ordered troops into Ukraine. When it comes to atomic energy, however, Kremlin-controlled Rosatom Corp. continues to be the dominant source of fuel for the world’s nuclear power stations — supplying about half of global demand for enriched uranium."

most who are taken by the balls by putin are zombified russian population. putin said: it is better to die at war than to die drunk under the fence,

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:02 PM, gearbox said:

The Thais have much better deal than most of the countries in Europe,  they don't pay anything, only collect. Compare this to Europe where millions of so called refugees from that shole Ukraine are collecting benefits for almost 2 years. No wonder the far right is rising fast everywhere there.

So true. Many thais dont pay taxes. Some make quite a lot of money here. They dont pay. We know rich folk here selling properties and not paying any capital gains tax

On 12/20/2023 at 4:29 PM, anandra said:

the russian people voted for that couple of idiots, and are happy to have them in power, even now those idiots have 80-90% support of the russian population. Those who do not support war are a few percent no more than 5%. The same situation as it was among nazi Germany population. Most supported Hitler, some did not others did not care

Russian elections are rigged. Same as thai fake elections. I think your first sentence is a bit harsh bc of this. 

Always been so.

"Former TV journalist Yekaterina Duntsova was disqualified on Saturday from running against President Vladimir Putin in an election next March because of alleged flaws in her application to register as a candidate."

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Whats happened to Alexei Navalny? has he gone on the missing list? 

Last known to have collapsed.

Since then, no contact to anyone.

Presumed dead.

Putin is giving Stalin a run for his money.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:50 AM, scubascuba3 said:

You think they are poor? have you been to Russia? you'd be surprised how much money they have, probably those working in the thiefdoms have the most

Thailand

$17,100 (2021 est.)
$16,800 (2020 est.)
$18,000 (2019 est.)    

Russia

$28,000 (2021 est.)
$26,600 (2020 est.)
$27,300 (2019 est.)

Real GDP per capita - The World Factbook (cia.gov)

Reuters;

"Russia has 110 official billionaires in the list, up 22 from last year, according to Forbes' Russian edition, which said their total wealth increased to $505 billion from $353 billion when the 2022 list was announced.Apr 22, 2023"

Sanctions are working... yeah, for sure.

• Confused 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:30 AM, ChipButty said:

Whats happened to Alexei Navalny? has he gone on the missing list? 

On 12/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, Jingthing said:

Last known to have collapsed.

Since then, no contact to anyone.

Presumed dead.

Putin is giving Stalin a run for his money.

Just been located acording to reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67820068

On 12/20/2023 at 9:20 AM, anandra said:

russians have 90 days of visa-free permission to stay in Thailand until the end of the tourist season, after 90 days they can do border run and have 90 days again. Those who have money open businesses, many work remotely,some work as english teachers,  many sell trips from the Pattaya booths to their fellow countrymen as most of russians do not speak English, that job is illegal, and many work illegally as guides for russian travel companies. Many just stay and live on the beach I personally knew few of them. 

English teaching Russions?

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Just been located acording to reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67820068

Alexei Navalny is found in ARCTIC penal colony: Kremlin critic, jailed on trumped-up charges of slamming Putin's regime, is discovered caged in Russia's harshest jail dubbed 'Polar Wolf' after being secretly moved from outskirts of Moscow

• Like 1
  • Sad 1