Jomtien culture compared

smallchungus

11 hours ago, smallchungus said:

Have you dated in the US recently?  I want to leave the West either way because it is bizarro world.  Better women is just a bonus.

No, but I've heard US women are quick to get to the buffet as well, the Chinese better watch out if they come over this way.

19 hours ago, smallchungus said:

I don’t want a transactional nightmare relationship.  A traditional woman who wants to be a mother has to exist somewhere.

You see, you don't need to come here at all.

Join the 'Amish sect 'in the good ol' USA, you'll have it all without the travel costs.

Here is a link to help get you on your way.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Amish

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Clearly, Doctor, you don't understand.

Having sex when a woman is horny is moral and okay, but if a woman---who might have given birth at 15, was forced to drop out of school, doesn't even have a HS diploma that would allow her to work at Big C, but who must support the growing child---takes money for sex, then she is the most immoral being on the face of the Earth.

Horny=OK  Money=Immoral

Is this a typo? That an impoverished women with no options to support herself and child, who is a prostitute- is the most immoral being on the face of the earth?

7 hours ago, smallchungus said:

I said Thai women are better than Western women

This belief is going to cause you problems. People are pretty much morally the same everywhere.

Poor people everywhere lack options and tend towards opportunism when it presents itself.

The west is full of women who would be (and often already are) great moms. That you choose a place where the women are "better"  and also happen to be a size two and (supposedly) deferential, indicates that pumping out a kid is not your sole, altruistic concern.

Thai people will tell you what they think you want to hear -that poor person problem again. Your belief that poor, uneducated Thai women can frictionlessly solve your long running dating incompatibility issues will def make you a target for opportunists.

I'm not dissing your goals or plans. I am def saying: keep them to yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, smallchungus said:

Thai women are better than Western women, 

This is a racist statement. Benign, flattering racism is still racism.

This is another sentiment best kept yourself.

I am the least qualified person here to give you advice. I am married to an older white woman and live over here, BUT:

My lack of need for a relationship brings high quality Thai women within flirting range of me often. If my wife dies, at least 2 of them will be getting in touch. Coming over here thirsty is a big disadvantage. And another thing you should keep to yourself. 

-Like Andy Capp's dumber brother above me urges.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

This is a racist statement. Benign, flattering racism is still racism.

This is another sentiment best kept yourself.

I am the least qualified person here to give you advice. I am married to an older white woman and live over here, BUT:

My lack of need for a relationship brings high quality Thai women within flirting range of me often. If my wife dies, at least 2 of them will be getting in touch. Coming over here thirsty is a big disadvantage. And another thing you should keep to yourself. 

-Like Andy Capp's dumber brother above me urges.

I will say what I want.  Why do you feel the need to control what others say?  You are the type of person I will be glad to not be surrounded by any longer.  Everything is sexist and racist to brainwashed weirdos like you.  You can cope all you want with who you married.  I don't want a feminist "older" Western woman, and having preferences is perfectly fine.   If women were the same everywhere men wouldn't being moving to SEA to find traditional women.  Women from different cultures act differently.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

Why do you feel the need to control what others say? 

This is completely barking mad paranoia. No one has "controlled" what you say. You know that. Jesus, what a whiner.

You can have all the "preferences" you want. But claiming that one race is superior to another is not a preference, it is the simple definition of racism.

I won't go down that stupid rabbit hole where you claim to be a PC victim of "the type of person I am" -a person who wishes you well on your zany plan and has given you good faith advice on how not to get hosed.

Only the tiniest scintilla of western men move to SEA -and that's for every reason under the sun. Claiming that you are part of a mass movement, throwing off the shackles of feminism means that you need to get off of Reddit and touch grass. Your posts are full of red pill rage.

Anger makes you stupid; try to be less stupid when get over here. Or not. I see some very entertaining posts from you in my future.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, smallchungus said:

You are telling me what to not say out loud or share.  

No, I am not dictating what you do.

When I say, keep it to yourself, that means -to everyone else on earth- that I advise you to do so to forestall negative reactions and consequences.

I'm not outraged. You made that up whole cloth. You like to have arguments with imaginary people. That indicates that most of your arguments with real people typically go nowhere.

Let's review. You are:

-a professional victim

-prone to name calling

-always a bit butt hurt and angry

-fatuous in your pretend-knowledge of "culture"

-can only find dysfunction relationships back home

-the thirstiest man in thirst-dom

Is this the profile of the kind of guy who ends up happily coupled over here?

Read here about people who are living your dream. They present very, very differently from you.

6 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

No, I am not dictating what you do.

When I say, keep it to yourself, that means -to everyone else on earth- that I advise you to do so to forestall negative reactions and consequences.

I'm not outraged. You made that up whole cloth. You like to have arguments with imaginary people. That indicates that most of your arguments with real people typically go nowhere.

Let's review. You are:

-a professional victim

-prone to name calling

-always a bit butt hurt and angry

-fatuous in your pretend-knowledge of "culture"

-can only find dysfunction relationships back home

-the thirstiest man in thirst-dom

Is this the profile of the kind of guy who ends up happily coupled over here?

Read here about people who are living your dream. They present very, very differently from you.

You are very upset.  I present the novel you just replied as evidence.  Not wanting to visit prostitutes=thirsty.  Very smart.  Also, where have I played victim at all?  I know it upsets you that I don’t want your granny wife that behaves like a man, but I just don’t find that attractive.  Imagine finding “I don’t want to marry a prostitute” and “I prefer a traditional woman” offensive. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by smallchungus
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

You are very upset.  I present the novel you just replied as evidence.  🤣

A novel? Like 100 words? Def rode the short school bus syndrome. Maybe have a lie down after reading that.

2 parts to your crazy equation: you and them.

On the them-side, I see no evidence of you learning about them. They're just trad girl cutouts.

On the you-side, I see no evidence of you pondering how you might change to have an intercultural relationship.

It's all just a screaming maw of I WANT.

Hence, the extreme thirst diagnosis. 

Aint no sin to be thirsty. Like you said, in your home country, you had zero luck.

Edited by Prubangboy

On 12/20/2023 at 6:12 PM, smallchungus said:

I’ve heard to avoid Pattaya for finding long term relationships because of the bar girls and general sexpat culture of the city.  I have zero interest in anything related to this.  Is Jomtien going to also be a bad choice for finding a potential long term relationship/wife as well due to its proximity to Pattaya?  Would I be better off going to somewhere like Phuket or Hua Hin?  I don’t drink so bars in general aren’t going to be of any appeal.  My main interest in the general Pattaya area is the number of restaurants, quality hospitals, cost of living, and not getting obliterated by smoke season.

I don't think being in Jomtien as opposed to Pattaya will increase your chances of finding and building a successful long-term relationship, a 10 minute baht bus ride between either place doesn't remove the fundamentals which are the same anywhere, quite possibly harder here when you throw in language and cultural differences. Just curious how you are planning on managing your visa situation long-term in your 30's ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I don't think being in Jomtien as opposed to Pattaya will increase your chances of finding and building a successful long-term relationship, a 10 minute baht bus ride between either place doesn't remove the fundamentals which are the same anywhere, quite possibly harder here when you throw in language and cultural differences. Just curious how you are planning on managing your visa situation long-term in your 30's ?

Elite Visa

Avoid the area in my opinion for that, including Jomtein. Your going to end up with people that are sleeping around with multiple partners and/or need money and wasting what time you have dealing with it.

Restaurants, hospitals and cheap condo's are everywhere. No reason for you to be in Pattaya. Try Hua Hin. Good luck finding someone decent.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Avoid the area in my opinion for that. Your going to end up with people that are sleeping around with multiple partners, unless that's your interest. Jomtein is that same area.

Would I be better off in Hua Hin?  Chiang Mai when the air is good would be my dream location, but having to move out every year during smoke season is just too much of a hassle to deal with every year.

33 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

Would I be better off in Hua Hin?  Chiang Mai when the air is good would be my dream location, but having to move out every year during smoke season is just too much of a hassle to deal with every year.

The whole country seems a little sketchy for serious long term relationships in my opinion. Not because of the exact area, but just because people interested in that don't really seem open to foreigners much.

My recommendation would actually be Vietnam, especially in your 30's. I loved Hanoi when I lived there. People want to speak English. A sea of eligible beautiful women everywhere you go. There is a visa problem though 🤷🏻‍♂️, but you can do it if you're young and the english teaching schools hire you. I did not see the money issue in Vietnam like I do in Thailand or the Phillippines.

If you have to be in Thailand I would recommend Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The whole country seems a little sketchy for serious long term relationships in my opinion. Not because of the exact area, but just because people interested in that don't really seem open to foreigners much.

My recommendation would actually be Vietnam, especially in your 30's. I loved Hanoi when I lived there. People want to speak English. A sea of eligible beautiful women everywhere you go. There is a visa problem though 🤷🏻‍♂️, but you can do it if you're young and the english teaching schools hire you. I did not see the money issue in Vietnam like I do in Thailand or the Phillippines.

If you have to be in Thailand I would recommend Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai.

Vietnam does look great but yea, the visa situation is bad for me.  It will be Thailand, Philippines, or just moving way further out from cities in the US.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, smallchungus said:

Chiang Mai when the air is good would be my dream location, but having to move out every year during smoke season is just too much of a hassle to deal with every year.

I live in CM, and I do have to vacate my apartment for 2 months a year and either go traveling or chill out in Hua Hin. But I love Chiang Mai at the level where it's worth it.

I'd rather be super-happy for 10 months a year here than so-so happy elsewhere for 12 months a year. If you're not a beach lover, CM is really the only expat game in town.

And full of mixed race Thai's, who sort of run the town, who will be a better fit for you. Plus a sizable Christian community because you like 'em trad. A whitie Christian can date a Christian 10 here. 

This isn't another life-plan where THEY have to be super trad and you're more like trad-lite, is it?  Because those logic-defying schemes comically blow up 100% of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, smallchungus said:

Vietnam does look great but yea, the visa situation is bad for me.  It will be Thailand, Philippines, or just moving way further out from cities in the US.

I would actually choose Bangkok if you're in your 30's and dating in Thailand. You would want to be in a city where's there's a lot of relatively normal people around.

The problem with rural locations in the Usa is that most singles move to the cities. If there are any left there's usually crazy competition for them by the locals or they are already paired up.

Not so in Thailand, but they would probably not speak much English and it would feel too weird living out there.

I would just do Bangkok and date there. If you have an elite visa the cost is probably not an issue for Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I moved here from Appalachia. The problem may not be geography. It may just be down to You-ology.

Especially when there's nobody else around 🤣.

Just move to Bangkok. Easy solution. It's loud and dirty, but that's why people are dating and pairing up, so they can move out of the city and afford to buy a house in a nice clean area together and not be lonely. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Great incentive.

Just now, JimTripper said:

Especially when there's nobody else around 🤣.

Just move to Bangkok. Easy solution. It's loud and dirty, but that's why people are dating and pairing up, so they can move out of the city and afford to buy a house in a nice clean area together and not be lonely. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Great incentive.

That may be the best option.  Having dogs and needing a yard makes it such a pain in the neck.  I would gladly just rent in the city if not for that.  I will probably need to be like 45 minutes away because of traffic, not distance which is kind of annoying but acceptable.

• Confused 1