Lazada Wrong Order Again.

NoshowJones

On 12/24/2023 at 2:22 PM, freeworld said:

One time I received an item cod. I opened the item in front of the delivery guy and found the item was broken. Gave the delivery man a tip and refused acceptance of the item.

I received a warning from the online platform that in future if I refuse to receive a cod item they will withdraw my option to buy cod and would in future have to pay upfront.

If it was Lazada and the normal delivery service like Kerry, Flash etc., the delivery guy should have recorded the item was damaged on delivery.  You dont mention platform but if Lazada or Shopee a phone call should have resolved the problem as it is normal practise .

On 12/24/2023 at 2:22 PM, freeworld said:

One time I received an item cod. I opened the item in front of the delivery guy and found the item was broken. Gave the delivery man a tip and refused acceptance of the item.

I received a warning from the online platform that in future if I refuse to receive a cod item they will withdraw my option to buy cod and would in future have to pay upfront.

The reasoning behind C.O.D. is to give assurance to the customer that they will receive the item that they ordered in good condition and if not the customer does not pay . So Lazada prefer you to accept and pay for an inferior or damaged item and thereafter go through all the hassle to get a refund ? Then the audacity to withdraw the C.O.D. option . I think I would be telling them to stick their business where the sun don't  shine .

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, superal said:

The reasoning behind C.O.D. is to give assurance to the customer that they will receive the item that they ordered in good condition and if not the customer does not pay . So Lazada prefer you to accept and pay for an inferior or damaged item and thereafter go through all the hassle to get a refund ? Then the audacity to withdraw the C.O.D. option . I think I would be telling them to stick their business where the sun don't  shine .

Don't think that is correct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superal said:

So you are happy to pay for the wrong item or damaged goods ?

That is not what I said. If the goods are incorrect or damaged you return them via the procedures on the website for a refund. It is not the responsibility of the delivery driver to wait whilst customers open goods and certainly not their responsibility to take away damaged or incorrect goods. This is certainly the case with Lazada and Shopee.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, superal said:

So you are happy to pay for the wrong item or damaged goods ?

No you return it for refund??  I have dealt with Lazada and Shopee buying 100's of items over the years.  Very rarely had a problem but of course law of averages says sometimes there is a wrong item or damaged order which is quite easily rectified, they will even pick it up for you.

COD is about ease of payment, nothing to do with any guarrantee of getting the correct item in good condition.  Thats why they have an easy return procedure.

On 12/24/2023 at 2:40 PM, BenStark said:

When I receive a chair that is COMPLETELY different from the one I ordered, then I see that as soon as I open the box.

No need to assemble it to see something is COMPLETELY different from what I've ordered.

The OP has already admitted he should have checked it first but instead gave it to someone else to assemble?

If all else fails try READING the post first.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

No you return it for refund??  I have dealt with Lazada and Shopee buying 100's of items over the years.  Very rarely had a problem but of course law of averages says sometimes there is a wrong item or damaged order which is quite easily rectified, they will even pick it up for you.

COD is about ease of payment, nothing to do with any guarrantee of getting the correct item in good condition.  Thats why they have an easy return procedure.

It is no different than buying in a shop where you hand over cash for an item of your choice that should be in good condition . If the item you select in a shop is not in good condition or is damaged , would you pay for it ? 

COD provides a sense of security to buyers. They have the opportunity to inspect the product before making the payment, ensuring that they receive exactly what they ordered and in the expected condition. This eliminates the risk of scams or fraudulent transactions, which can be a concern when purchasing online. For instance, imagine ordering a pair of shoes online and receiving a counterfeit product. With COD, you have the power to reject the item and avoid any financial loss

Of course the consumer protection laws vary depending which country you are in .

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, superal said:

It is no different than buying in a shop where you hand over cash for an item of your choice that should be in good condition . If the item you select in a shop is not in good condition or is damaged , would you pay for it ? 

COD provides a sense of security to buyers. They have the opportunity to inspect the product before making the payment, ensuring that they receive exactly what they ordered and in the expected condition. This eliminates the risk of scams or fraudulent transactions, which can be a concern when purchasing online. For instance, imagine ordering a pair of shoes online and receiving a counterfeit product. With COD, you have the power to reject the item and avoid any financial loss

Of course the consumer protection laws vary depending which country you are in .

With Lazada/Shopee you can refuse to receive an item on delivery provided it has not been opened. That is likely to affect your customer status and COD may not be an option in the future.

Other than that you are in a hole stop digging.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I ordered a treadmill and it broke after a few months. By then the store had disappeared. 
Live and learn. Some items you don't order; and everything must be checked immediately. (That's why the 3-day confirm order.)

Don't blame Lazada, blame the seller. You could have returned it and Lazada would have refunded your money. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 2:21 PM, impulse said:

In literally hundreds of orders on Lazada, I don't recall a single one that turned out unsatisfactory. I had very few returns, and those went without a problem.

That said, I stayed away from products that required a fitting, like a computer chair that I couldn't test before committing.   After my bypass surgery, I outfitted myself at home and in the office with support chairs, but all bought in person after a pretty lengthy sit down test.

Hundreds?  You must be joking!  Or you constantly IMPULSE buy.  

24 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Hundreds?  You must be joking!  Or you constantly IMPULSE buy.  

2 a week for a year is 104 orders.  Do that for a few years and it adds up.

I freely admit to quite a few impulse buys, but mostly I saved myself hours of traipsing around the malls searching for eclectic stuff.

I did try out a couple of hobbies that I otherwise wouldn't have, photography (and video) being the biggest cash drain what with lenses and filters, etc.  But I'm glad I did.

BTW, I'm certainly not claiming there are no problems, just that I found them to be very rare.

I also visited Lazada HQ near Emporium when I helped a few of my workmates get set up to sell online.  Well worth a visit, but my employment contract did not allow me to be an active participant. I was just helping some local co-workers when it became clear the company would close up shop in a few years.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, superal said:

No thats not the idea of COD.  Imagine the delays if every driver had to wait for every parcel to be opened and inspected.  Thats why they have the refund process.  If I open and find the item is incorrect or damaged I take a pic/video and arrange return and refund.   If the parcel appears damaged on outside I ask the driver to take note, I then  take a pic before opening.   But I still wouldnt make the driver wait because the refund process has always worked for me. 

Please note I am only referring to Lazada and Shopee process however the same has worked for me with ebay, Alibaba and AliExpress etc.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So I assume you are paying COD. 

I read a comment above if you refuse an item COD you are instantly banned from future COD purchases 

No my wife and sister in law both sell on Lazada and Shopee.  Buyers build up a repuation on the platform which records number of orders and percentage of successful deliveries,  When seller recieves the order it shows the above statistics.  Often times customer orders something COD but finds he/she doesnt have the cash so refuses delivery.  Carrier can return/phone one more time to attrempt delivery but if unsucessful the only thing that happens is reputation is reduced.  I have never heard of a banning but I would say its not the platform that bans, more likely the seller sees the low rep and refuses to take the risk.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, NoshowJones said:

I ordered a computer chair from Lazada, the one they sent was completely different from the one I ordered. I accept that it was my fault for not checking it when it was delivered. I just gave  package to the wife's brother to build it up for me.

I cannot dismantle it and repackage it to return it. I checked on the Lazada website and the chair is not there any more. I wonder why that is.

Maybe not much help now, but I too ordered and received a computer chair from Lazada. Ridiculously cheap and I was unable to assemble it. I got on the chat line the vendor had and he was a great help. Seems there was a definite order in which to assemble the components. If the vendor has a chat line, maybe try it?

Recieved a chopping board this morning. I ordered size 32×48×1.8 and size 24×32×1.8 was delivered. Partly blame myself as the price was significantly lower than other sellers which is often an indication that things will not be as advertised. Been bitten several times ordering a bargain hoping that this time it will be as advertised but it has never happened yet. No doubt I will be tempted again in the future.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

If it was Lazada and the normal delivery service like Kerry, Flash etc., the delivery guy should have recorded the item was damaged on delivery.  You dont mention platform but if Lazada or Shopee a phone call should have resolved the problem as it is normal practise .

Nonsense, I know how the return refund works, have done it a few times. Not going to name the platform but even their chat and tel calls dont work when their mind is made up.

I have the email in my inbox from the online platform where the seller/online platform approved the return refund. I opened the sealed packet with video and photos showing the broken item submitted all of that with a clear description. When I followed the links to initiate return and print return label on the online platform website it directs me to return refund rejected.

Initiated contact with the seller and they were surprised.

No amount of calls and online comnunication with the online platform solved anything, an exercise in frustration and eventually just gave up.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Not really, no.

Bought quite a few items and then got fed up of them falling apart.

Started going to stores to physically check the quality of items and it's much better.

Did you go to the real online store of the physical shop you bought from?  you would have received the good item then.

Edited by freeworld