So where do the Mountains of A4 Paper... go for Extensions of Stays (ie Equivalent to 2.5 Empire State buildings annually!)

4 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

So according to you, "A single A4 paper is 0.0193 cubic meters (0.02 m x 0.297 m x 0.0007 m).", an A4 is two centimetres wide. You wrote two hundredths of a metre, hence two centimetres. 

Also, I doubt you print on paper that's nearly one millimetre think. The only thing you got right is the length.

ONCE again, do you know who/what Google Bard is ?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, eyeman said:

Sadly (3) I've actually observed, I think it was the half A4 overstay disclaimer you're forced to sign - on the flip side was someone's passport, shocking disregard for data privacy

Yes, I've had exactly the same experience.

But of course there's so many useful things you can do under (2): blowing your nose, wiping your bottom, lighting the kindling for a bonfire on Guy Fawkes night and cooking spuds in the ashes ... There's no end of possibilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

All that thinking and typing and you still got the width of the paper, the thickness of the paper, and simple multiplication wrong.

It should be 0.0000044 cubic meters (0.21m x 0.297m x 0.00007m).  So you mistakenly calculated more than 4000 times the actual value.  

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

All that thinking and typing and you still got the width of the paper, the thickness of the paper, and simple multiplication wrong.

It should be 0.0000044 cubic meters (0.21m x 0.297m x 0.00007m).  So you mistakenly calculated more than 4000 times the actual value.  

Once again, no I didnt, I just cut/paste Google BARD, AI is the future apparently !

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So has ours up in Sakon Nakhon. In the old, very crammed building a visit to the loo meant walking through a veritable canyon of paper, all stacked up in boxes up to head height on both sides. Gawd knows how many years of applications were stacked up in there.

It's one of the reasons I never bother taking new photos of us around the house each year. They would never be able to find last year's to be able to compare.

A few years back when doing my annual extension (retirement) the IO was having difficulty telling me what was missing so she turned to a filing cabinet behind her opened a drawer and produced last years submission in seconds, pointed out a sheet and said that.

That was when I noticed another fault, I'd used the same photo 2 years running, she never noticed, or at least didn't comment, which would have been very unusual for her, she liked to nitpick and reject things for the slightest reason.

• Like 1

a year or so after opening my bank account, and all the copying and stamping of forms that involved, i went to the bank with a query, they produced my huge ream of paperwork within minutes, pretty impressive i thought. no idea where they were keeping it. but the system seems to work.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vaio62 said:

Once again, no I didnt, I just cut/paste Google BARD, AI is the future apparently !

Obviously not, you have posted BS that was mathematically grossly incorrect, which makes you an idiot, just as if this was your own excrement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

A few years back when doing my annual extension (retirement) the IO was having difficulty telling me what was missing so she turned to a filing cabinet behind her opened a drawer and produced last years submission in seconds, pointed out a sheet and said that.

That was when I noticed another fault, I'd used the same photo 2 years running, she never noticed, or at least didn't comment, which would have been very unusual for her, she liked to nitpick and reject things for the slightest reason.

It would seem that our IOs aren't paying that much attention then, because I've done that as well. Mind you we did have a new gal this year. There's been a reshuffle following the Chinese visa scandal and a well known face has disappeared.

Perhaps it's time I changed my tactics next year. After all how much does a set of photos cost?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eyeman said:

Sadly (3) I've actually observed, I think it was the half A4 overstay disclaimer you're forced to sign - on the flip side was someone's passport, shocking disregard for data privacy

That disgraceful behavior  used to go on all the time at Jomtien Immigration.

Not done extension there for a few years now, maybe it's changed.

Hope so.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not to worry, as they all get recycled. Extending my visa at Immigration the other day, I had to sign a two-page form that 'I would not overstay'. On the flipside of the two pages I saw a passport copy of the personal data page of a pretty foreign girl, and also a copy of her latest visa stamps on two of her passport pages. (No, phone number, sadly.)

Even without the phone number that's a gross data breach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Mind you we did have a new gal this year.

Perhaps it's time I changed my tactics next year. After all how much does a set of photos cost?

Hope it's not the one we've just recently lost.

Just a hassle going to the shop in my nearest town, getting the photo taken, stooging around for 30-60 minutes depending on how busy they are, and driving home again. Took my daughter to the shop a couple of weeks back, set of photo's + digital copy on her phone 170 Baht if I remember right.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:19 AM, Vaio62 said:

Morning

Just thinking about my 2 x 1cm x A4 paper sheets I submitted at Immigration for the past 20 years.

Where does it all go? Surely they cant store it for more than 1 year, or what is the Thai law for Thai storing documents, 7 years in UK I believe.

Why don't you pop into your local immigration office and question them to get the correct answer? Surely asking some randoms on this forum, we won't know where it all goes. Time for you to take a trip to immigration to satisfy your curiosity.

21 hours ago, eyeman said:

For a couple of years a while back, my local Imm office was in the habit of using half A4 'backsides' of other people's photocopies on which to print my 90-day address report certification. Several times, the other side showed someone else's passport picture page. Fortunately, that practice eventually stopped - but it should never have started.:angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometime said:

Just think all your personal info -name /address /phone number/ passport number/photograph/ bank account number & amount you have/ all available on bits of paper

Thinking.....yes whatever info one accepted to provide to immigration.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Obviously not, you have posted BS that was mathematically grossly incorrect, which makes you an idiot, just as if this was your own excrement.

God there are some dicks on this forum nowadays....

They likely have monster warehouses that contain pallets and pallets full of papers that are years old and are never looked at. The fortunate thing is that this is all recycled paper and it's all very easy to recycle, so the destruction of the environment is not what one would think it is.

Having said all that it would sure be nice to see them automate at some point in the near future.