What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

No problem, happy to share my infinite knowledge to the less enlightened.

hmmmm if that is what you think you are. allow me to cast doubt on that... maybe have some humble pie for dessert

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Do you mean "Blackshore" ?

Seen Huset and thought it was good.

👍 lol - yeah, blackwater were a private military company - blackshore. Sometimes I just like to watch a plain English language show, no drugs or gangs, no reading subs, not thinking too much. Its OK.

I have been plodding through Roba, which is like a Finnish version of The Bill.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

hmmmm if that is what you think you are. allow me to cast doubt on that... maybe have some humble pie for dessert

Prefer apple.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thought this was excellent.

The Push: Murder on the Cliff

Scotland's top legal team tackle the death of Leeds-based lawyer Fawziyah Javed, who fell from the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, dying alone with no witnesses far from home. Hours later, Kashif Anwar, her husband of nine months was arrested for murder. Exclusive access to the murder trial at Edinburgh's High Court finds the jury being shown CCTV of the couple walking arm-in-arm, and a smiling selfie taken minutes before Fawziyah falls. What dark secrets could lie behind their outward happiness?

Testimony of the person to find Fawziyah after she fell from Arthur's Seat. The jury discovers that at this point Fawziyah was still alive and gave a dying declaration of what had just happened. But it's still a case without forensics - and two totally different versions of what occurred.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/5/2024 at 3:55 PM, giddyup said:

Or The North Water?

Thanks for the tip @giddyup......just finished it last night and found it enjoyable, and could't believe the amount of weight that Colin Farrell had to put on to play the part of Drax.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for the tip @giddyup......just finished it last night and found it enjoyable, and could't believe the amount of weight that Colin Farrell had to put on to play the part of Drax.

He was a bad man, a very bad man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely mind boggling.

Catching a Killer: The Murder of Emma Caldwell

The murder of a young woman. A botched police inquiry. And the BBC Disclosure investigation that helped catch the killer. As the man who murdered Emma Caldwell is finally brought to justice, reporter Samantha Poling reveals a catalogue of missed opportunities by police to catch him.

The inside story on how this left Emma's murder unsolved for nearly two decades, while a dangerous predator was free to continue raping and assaulting other women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Absolutely mind boggling.

Catching a Killer: The Murder of Emma Caldwell

The murder of a young woman. A botched police inquiry. And the BBC Disclosure investigation that helped catch the killer. As the man who murdered Emma Caldwell is finally brought to justice, reporter Samantha Poling reveals a catalogue of missed opportunities by police to catch him.

The inside story on how this left Emma's murder unsolved for nearly two decades, while a dangerous predator was free to continue raping and assaulting other women.

And now he is appealing his conviction. Not good for her mother to go through this again.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, recom273 said:

👍 lol - yeah, blackwater were a private military company - blackshore. Sometimes I just like to watch a plain English language show, no drugs or gangs, no reading subs, not thinking too much. Its OK.

I have been plodding through Roba, which is like a Finnish version of The Bill.

Hi, Thx for Roba, love it. Where can I get season 4,5 and 6?

Sarah Everard: The Search for Justice

Documentary recounting the kidnapping and murder of Sarah Everard and the search for her killer, serving Metropolitan Police Officer, Wayne Couzens. Also addresses public reaction to the murder and the impact on the police force.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, giddyup said:

Threads (1984) 8.0 IMDB

The effects of a nuclear holocaust on the working class city of Sheffield, England and the eventual long-term effects of nuclear war on civilization.

Don't know how I missed this movie, but it's a harrowing portrayal of the aftermath of a nuclear attack on the UK. No happy endings here. Available on PB.

Thanks for the tip (again) @giddyup and that movie was very timely given the rantings of the lunatic Putin with regards to a nuclear war, and it was harrowing, to say the least.

I'm sure I remember seeing a very similar movie in the 60s, but that movie showed more of the effects of the blast on the surrounding areas/people, however that was still unnerving.

I went to the Memorial Gardens in Nagasaki a while back and if one ever wanted to see the effects of a nuclear bomb/explosion, then it was there for all to see and again it was something you couldn't imagine in your worst dreams.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, giddyup said:

Threads (1984) 8.0 IMDB

The effects of a nuclear holocaust on the working class city of Sheffield, England and the eventual long-term effects of nuclear war on civilization.

Don't know how I missed this movie, but it's a harrowing portrayal of the aftermath of a nuclear attack on the UK. No happy endings here. Available on PB.

On a similar theme, I am really looking forward to the Fallout TV series, hits Amazon mid-April

I have been playing the game on my PC for nearly 3 years, exploring the wilderness, if it's as good as the adaption of "Last of us" I will be happy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12637874/mediaviewer/rm2121877249/?ref_=tt_ov_i

Trailer in the IMDB link

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17-17-42 Fallout (2024).png

14 minutes ago, Seppius said:

On a similar theme, I am really looking forward to the Fallout TV series, hits Amazon mid-April

I have been playing the game on my PC for nearly 3 years, exploring the wilderness, if it's as good as the adaption of "Last of us" I will be happy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12637874/mediaviewer/rm2121877249/?ref_=tt_ov_i

Trailer in the IMDB link

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17-17-42 Fallout (2024).png

Pretty sure the Fallout series won't be as grim as Threads, which is one of the most chilling movies I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for the tip (again) @giddyup and that movie was very timely given the rantings of the lunatic Putin with regards to a nuclear war, and it was harrowing, to say the least.

I'm sure I remember seeing a very similar movie in the 60s, but that movie showed more of the effects of the blast on the surrounding areas/people, however that was still unnerving.

I went to the Memorial Gardens in Nagasaki a while back and if one ever wanted to see the effects of a nuclear bomb/explosion, then it was there for all to see and again it was something you couldn't imagine in your worst dreams.

I think there were several apocalyptic type movies during the cold war, but Threads was one of the best IMO, and it was also a made for TV movie so probably made on a tiny budget.

Edited by giddyup
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two complete series!  'The Gentleman' - a gangster setting in a stately mansion (complete with Vinnie Jones!)  As with all Guy Ritchie productions action is guaranteed.

'Mary & George' - a costume drama with wall-to-wall nude men as George is raised to seduce James 1st.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Two complete series!  'The Gentleman' - a gangster setting in a stately mansion (complete with Vinnie Jones!)  As with all Guy Ritchie productions action is guaranteed.

'Mary & George' - a costume drama with wall-to-wall nude men as George is raised to seduce James 1st.

Thanks @mikebell. Downloading The Gentlemen complete season 1 now from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13210838/

Edited by Mutt Daeng

The Titan Sub Disaster: Minute by Minute

This was excellent.

Two parts.

The search for the missing Titan submersible off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador in June 2023 ended in tragedy, and there are lingering questions about what exactly happened.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:55 AM, Yellowtail said:

Saw "The Bricklayer" yesterday. About as expected. US spy-drama. It had it's moments and if you like this kind of thing, you should like this. 

The Bricklayer (2023) - IMDb

Thanks. Just watched it.

It is not going to win any prizes but my only complaint was that quite a lot of the dialogue, from the main character especially,  was difficult to hear/comprehend.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:42 PM, recom273 said:

Watched the first episode of The Gentleman - good.

I thought that Peter Serafinowicz (Tommy Dixon) was brilliant in the first ep.

I binged all 8 eps. I enjoyed it. 8/10

• Thumbs Up 1

The Great American Heist

I've been waiting ages for this one.

Take an inside look at one of the largest cash and jewel heists in American history … the 1978 Lufthansa Robbery. Nearly $6 million stolen from the Lufthansa Cargo Terminal at JFK Airport in New York. This theft was suspected to be led by Lucchese crime associate, Jimmy Burke and the rest of his crew.

Follow the crime, the murders, and the investigation that followed and find out who got pinched, who got whacked, and who walked away unscathed.

• Like 1

This one looks good.

Out next week.

When a contract killer has a rapidly evolving form of dementia, he is offered an opportunity to redeem himself by saving the life of the adult son with whom he had been estranged.

• Like 2