What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

3 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

You do need some background in Japanese history to understand what's going on. You might want to skim the Wilkepedia entry on the Sengoku period in Japan.

Some more resources:

Edited by LosLobo

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

With all of the talk about the new "Dune" movie, I decided to watch the original 1984 version again and I found it enjoyable although the "special effects" were far from it, however the imagination of the producer and set designers when portraying life and settings in certain planets and other aspects of the movie, was intriguingly brilliant!

PS. I also fell in love, all over again, with Sean Young.

If you "love" Sean Young, Have you watched No Way Out? Well worth a watch. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093640/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, giddyup said:

One of the most annoying/irritating TV series I've ever watched. The main character is a spineless jellyfish and all the other actors are equally annoying. I did watch to the end (only 4 episodes) in the hope someone (preferably all) was going to get blown away.

You did better than me.

I lasted 20 minutes into the fist episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2024 at 5:10 PM, gargamon said:

Just out now. I'm sure the original was better but I'll give this one a look anyway.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3359350/

image.png.7e9f6a34631bb3f27dee907c3926aa9e.png

Totally agree, the original was much better -- more realistic. Getting stabbed in the gut and going on to fight many brawls in the space of a month (timeline not obvious). I get a simple hernia surgery and i had a hellavatime.

A while ago they also had roadhouse 2 with dalton's son as the bouncer

image.jpeg.f4c0dfa82a1576ebe7f3e641655e7207.jpeg

Not that great

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Totally agree, the original was much better -- more realistic. Getting stabbed in the gut and going on to fight many brawls in the space of a month (timeline not obvious). I get a simple hernia surgery and i had a hellavatime.

A while ago they also had roadhouse 2 with dalton's son as the bouncer

image.jpeg.f4c0dfa82a1576ebe7f3e641655e7207.jpeg

Not that great

As silly as Swayze's hair never seem to get messed up.  That's a lot of gel & hairspray.   Original was as much chickie movie as fight scenes (terrible by the way).

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As silly as Swayze's hair never seem to get messed up.  That's a lot of gel & hairspray.   Original was as much chickie movie as fight scenes (terrible by the way).

who did not have hair held up in gel by spray, egg whites etc... back in those days? well... actually me... my hair is to fine to stay in place with any kind of concoction. but still, this movie was very popular then, and IMHO is still better than the newest edition. it depends on tastes... just like i like the new 'shogun' but "drake" fell asleep watching it. I watched the original and found everything about it cheesy...

However, i did not quite say i did not like the new one just thought the original was better.

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Haven't seen the Abyss but the other 2 were good IMHO.

The Abyss is good, ending a bit cheesy,  but overall a good watch.  They shot a lot of it in an old nuke cooling tower.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the folks who like docos I came across a hidden gem in the BBC iPlayer library called, "How the Wild West was Won" by Ray Mears and thought it was great.......the true story of the migration west, the cattle trails, the Donner Party and the demise of the Buffalo and the cowboy. Also mentioned were the native Indians and the intro of the railways..............and much more.

Fascinating, but hurry if you want to watch it as it is only available for 24 days. I can highly recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

For the folks who like docos I came across a hidden gem in the BBC iPlayer library called, "How the Wild West was Won" by Ray Mears and thought it was great.......the true story of the migration west, the cattle trails, the Donner Party and the demise of the Buffalo and the cowboy. Also mentioned were the native Indians and the intro of the railways..............and much more.

Fascinating, but hurry if you want to watch it as it is only available for 24 days. I can highly recommend it.

It's available on PB as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

For the Time Loop fans here's a serie i want to recommend.

Reset 2022

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17506706/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_Reset

There's a Russian dubbed version around but I prefer the original Chinese version with ENG subtitles.

i can not seem to find it in all my usual places