What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Under The Bridge. One of the best mini series lately, based on a true story. Has some of the most unlikeable characters in a series I've seen, especially the teenage girls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

The Gathering------   Ch4 6 episodes all out....

Just come out so I have not viewed it--put it up as its the same team that wrote "Line of Duty".........

Strong Scouse accent --some may need subs. Luckily in the UK they have to put them out immediately for the mut & Jeff guys.

https://www.opensubtitles.com/an/all/search-movie/q-osdb:1544263/hearing_impaired-hearing_impaired-1/machine_translated-machine_translated-1/trusted_sources-trusted_sources-1

Thanks for the heads up @oxo1947. I'll have a look at that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

great sci-fi series... if you havent watched season 1 good time to binge. season 2 will be out today or tomorrow. thumbs up!!!

1336827-outer-range-wgpBe.jpg

I think I need to go back and watch season 1 again. It would be pointless to watch season 2 if you hadn't seen 1, it switches between past and present randomly, very confusing. This is the problem when there's a long gap between seasons.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I think I need to go back and watch season 1 again. It would be pointless to watch season 2 if you hadn't seen 1, it switches between past and present randomly, very confusing. This is the problem when there's a long gap between seasons.

Yes agreed i try not to watch season 1 of anything as soon as it comes out as when season 2 comes around am trying to remember what happened earlier ( those series that give an extensive “ previously on … “ are most welcome ).

Billy the Kid is another case, season 2 stopped halfway through around 6 months ago with 4 episodes still yet to appear …… very annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

i started to piece it back together after ep 2

On 5/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, Pouatchee said:

great sci-fi series... if you havent watched season 1 good time to binge. season 2 will be out today or tomorrow. thumbs up!!!

Thanks @Pouatchee. I'll have a look at that.

On 5/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, Pouatchee said:

just watched s01e01 seem good

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 8:47 AM, Pouatchee said:

i started to piece it back together after ep 2

Watched 3 episodes of the new season, one difficulty of me is the 4 sons look very similar at times, it's all a bit confusing at the moment with all the younger and older same characters

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Rebus--- BBC 6 episodes crime set in Scotland --- all episodes available

Yer it was around 20 years ago---but this is new series --(Same writer) Ian Rankin.

Inspector John Rebus, a hardboiled Edinburgh cop with a tendency to bend rules.

The books are excellent!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Bodkin----7 episodes --all available.....Netflix

Must admit I have not seen it---got friends who tell me it's very watchable ---(so if its not I'll give their names)

American production about a group of Yanks who are investigating a disappearances in rural Ireland of a podcast friend, who just broadcast true crime. 

Told its a slow starter but as it goes on gets very Dark.....

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The books are excellent!!!

Yer & the series in the 2000s was well watched-----so--- I wonder why it took him 20 years to wright some more............:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Yer it was around 20 years ago---but this is new series --(Same writer) Ian Rankin.

Thanks @oxo1947. I'll have a look at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, Mutt Daeng said:
On 5/16/2024 at 8:25 AM, oxo1947 said:

The Gathering------   Ch4 6 episodes all out....

Just come out so I have not viewed it--put it up as its the same team that wrote "Line of Duty".........

Strong Scouse accent --some may need subs. Luckily in the UK they have to put them out immediately for the mut & Jeff guys.

https://www.opensubtitles.com/an/all/search-movie/q-osdb:1544263/hearing_impaired-hearing_impaired-1/machine_translated-machine_translated-1/trusted_sources-trusted_sources-1

Expand  

Thanks for the heads up @oxo1947. I'll have a look at that.

I'm half way through The Gathering and I am enjoying it. Well worth a look IMHO. It's on 1337x.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Thanks for the heads up on this one, got it last night and watched the first five minutes just to confirm it has subs, it has. 

Just from my five minutes watching I think its going to be very good. 

Posted (edited)

Two documentaries I can recommend are Ashley Madison and Hollywood Con Queen. Both available on TG.

Edited by giddyup

16 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Bodkin----7 episodes --all available.....Netflix

Must admit I have not seen it---got friends who tell me it's very watchable ---(so if its not I'll give their names)

American production about a group of Yanks who are investigating a disappearances in rural Ireland of a podcast friend, who just broadcast true crime. 

Told its a slow starter but as it goes on gets very Dark.....

That description of the plot is wildly inaccurate!

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That description of the plot is wildly inaccurate!

Sorry Giddyup---I'll try to improve...............:wub:

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Sorry Giddyup---I'll try to improve...............:wub:

A hard-nosed journalist grudgingly works with a true crime podcaster on a strange case in a small Irish town where the locals want to bury the past.

Watched one from BBC iPlayer which I hadn't seen in years and thought it was excellent:- "Cape Fear" and Robert de Niro was great. So pleased that I watched it again!

• Like 1

Whats was the point of thatyellow tail ??

--I did say that I haven't seen it, I knew nothing about just recommended by some friends who sent me the Youtube link--and their write up

So it was wrong

Quote = "Must admit I have not seen it---got friends who tell me it's very watchable "

On 5/19/2024 at 11:56 AM, Yellowtail said:

Bodkin.thumb.png.fce53f4aef2439a9338bc762966e0fa3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Whats was the point of thatyellow tail ??

--I did say that I haven't seen it, I knew nothing about just recommended by some friends who sent me the Youtube link--and their write up

So it was wrong

Quote = "Must admit I have not seen it---got friends who tell me it's very watchable "

I thought it was funny. Sorry

• Sad 1