What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britain’s Sex Crimes

A remarkable new series, which follows major crime unit detectives as they reopen cold cases using new DNA technology.

We see some of their successes in catching and convicting perpetrators for crimes as far back as 1983, in what are both monumental and frustrating feats – as shown when one man, who was raped in a park when he was a teenager, doesn’t know how to react to the news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britain’s Sex Crimes

A remarkable new series, which follows major crime unit detectives as they reopen cold cases using new DNA technology.

We see some of their successes in catching and convicting perpetrators for crimes as far back as 1983, in what are both monumental and frustrating feats – as shown when one man, who was raped in a park when he was a teenager, doesn’t know how to react to the news.

The priests are shaking ...

I've just finished season 1 of Top Dog and enjoyed it. From IMDB: A mysterious disappearance makes two completely separate worlds collide, creating an extremely odd couple - the lawyer Emily and recently released convict Teddy. They have two opposing desires. She wants up. He wants out. She wants to secure her future. He wants to leave his old life behind. They are both forced to think again when they end up in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy, where the past catches up to them, dreams for the future are destroyed and nothing is what it seems. It was recommended by @Will27 in last years thread. Just about to start season 2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11542694/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2024 at 8:05 PM, Yellowtail said:

Saw "The Fall Guy", action/comedy today and was very pleasantly surprised. Decent story, good acting, great cinematography and soundtrack, nice stunts and whatnot. 8.5/10

The Fall Guy (2024) - IMDb

It has just been released digitally and is available today at most of the usual sources.

image.png.dd8dc4adadd4aae5d859d25b6a1afee1.png

• Thanks 1

Also released digitally recently is Boy Kills World

I am downloading it now... :cool:

"Skarsgård stars as "Boy" who vows revenge after his family is murdered by Hilda Van Der Koy (Janssen), the deranged matriarch of a corrupt post-apocalyptic dynasty that left the boy orphaned, deaf, and voiceless. Driven by his inner voice, one which he co-opted from his favorite childhood video game, Boy trains with a mysterious shaman (Ruhian) to become an instrument of death and is set loose on the eve of the annual culling of dissidents. Bedlam ensues as Boy commits bloody martial arts mayhem, inciting wrath of carnage and blood-letting. As he tries to get his bearings in this delirious realm, Boy soon falls in with a desperate resistance group, all the while bickering with the apparent ghost of his rebellious little sister."

• Thanks 2

On 5/20/2024 at 12:45 AM, mstevens said:

Watched episode one of Rebus last night and thought it was GREAT!

Watched 2 episodes and thought it was just another run of the mill Brit cop show. Nothing new or outstanding about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

It has just been released digitally and is available today at most of the usual sources.

image.png.dd8dc4adadd4aae5d859d25b6a1afee1.png

Gave it away after 15 minutes, cheesy rom coms ain't my thing.

• Agree 1

Just finished all 10 seasons of Stargate SG1.   Some I remembered, but most seemed new, since so long ago.   Got Boston Legal lined up for my next time killer binging.   After I finish watching the current series and movies that I downloaded while watching SG1.  

Most season near or ended, as not a fan of waiting weekly for next installment.

Happy viewing

• Thanks 1

Binged (for me) over a few nights on @giddyup suggestion Under the bridge, a pretty interesting show focusing on the events around the murder of a Canadian school girl, based upon a true story. Cheers for the suggestion.

Just started Sugar

Some returning shows in the next couple months - BBCs The Outlaws on 31st May, The Boys on 13th June and  Stuff the British stole later in JuneAustralian documentary series about all the good stuff we stole during the empire days and mostly never gave back. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just finished all 10 seasons of Stargate SG1.

I'm watching Star Trek the original series and its much better than I remember it as a kid..the

Spock, Kirk, Mccoy interactions are  quite funny at times (special mention Scotty,Uhura and Chekov) the technologies imagined and special effects are IMHO "ahead of their time". (well they would be)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sleep

Korean horror/comedy/art film

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/sleep-review-horror-movie-at-tiff-is-a-fantastic-directorial-debut

A Nightmare on Elm Street imagined sleep as a vulnerable and dangerous state of semi-consciousness where our worst fears come to malevolent life. Sleep, Jason Yu’s chilling genre feature, takes that notion and wields it for inventive terror and comedy. The story of a young couple dealing with nocturnal behavior and phenomena of a perplexing and petrifying sort, it’s a directorial debut of poised peril that should inspire both laughs and a few sleepless nights following its North American premiere at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:25 AM, oxo1947 said:

The Gathering------   Ch4 6 episodes all out....

Just come out so I have not viewed it--put it up as its the same team that wrote "Line of Duty".........

Strong Scouse accent --some may need subs. Luckily in the UK they have to put them out immediately for the mut & Jeff guys.

https://www.opensubtitles.com/an/all/search-movie/q-osdb:1544263/hearing_impaired-hearing_impaired-1/machine_translated-machine_translated-1/trusted_sources-trusted_sources-1

The reviews on this one weren't great and they had a point -- it was overly ambitious trying to do too many things without focusing on anything, but even though I was ambivalent after the first episode I went ahead and binged it with no regrets. There is so much going on it's a bit of a challenge to follow it, but overall I found it satisfying. Anti diversity in media activists will find stuff to hate (for irrational reasons) but I won't give details to avoid spoiling some great surprises. Not even close to must watch tv but heck still a good watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

2 sci fi movies just released

Atlas ....... Slutty girl fights AI.

Civil war ...... Journalists following civil war in future USA.

Civil War - barely watchable, Atlas - fergetaboudit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Binged (for me) over a few nights on @giddyup suggestion Under the bridge, a pretty interesting show focusing on the events around the murder of a Canadian school girl, based upon a true story. Cheers for the suggestion.

Just started Sugar

Some returning shows in the next couple months - BBCs The Outlaws on 31st May, The Boys on 13th June and  Stuff the British stole later in JuneAustralian documentary series about all the good stuff we stole during the empire days and mostly never gave back. 

I enjoyed sugar. hope they do a S02

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

2 sci fi movies just released

Atlas ....... Slutty girl fights AI.

Civil war ...... Journalists following civil war in future USA.

Just watched Civil War, complete tedious rubbish, mostly viewed in ff.

Atlas is better, except Miss slutty hit the wall a few years back.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Civil War - barely watchable, Atlas - fergetaboudit.

Civil War is just so unrealistic, watched half and gave up

28 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

We are going to have to wait another month before a digital version is available...

image.png.5b6c23468469bf6afa3fb16ac2c3a2b3.png

I can't imagine how it gets such great ratings. 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I can't imagine how it gets such great ratings. 

The latest ratings on IMDB are even higher... :cool:

furiosa.PNG.da30fcaa0154f234d3ce81b7c1c62572.PNG