What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

An old one but for some reason I haven't seen any episodes after Season 1 & so far am really enjoying it...

The Killing... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/

A police investigation, the saga of a grieving family, and a Seattle mayoral campaign all interlock after the body of 17-year-old Rosie Larsen is found in the trunk of a submerged car.

I've just had a quick look on TGx and there appears to be 4 seasons of The Killing advertised. Check it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just started watching the X-Files again, the 720p full seasons BluRay (i_c) are really good quality.

Can't believe they were recorded in 1993 ....... 30 years back.

Bad Monkey (new series) eps 1 & 2 out, really beautiful Florida Key settings.

Quite entertaining as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

An old one but for some reason I haven't seen any episodes after Season 1 & so far am really enjoying it...

The Killing... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/

A police investigation, the saga of a grieving family, and a Seattle mayoral campaign all interlock after the body of 17-year-old Rosie Larsen is found in the trunk of a submerged car.

Great series, watched it couple of times. Love the ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:37 PM, recom273 said:

Currently watching Commando’s a Dutch show from 2020

It looks like it was capped on SBS - it has the yellow barcoded subtitles that some dislike. 

Where can I find this?

There is a brilliant, but very disturbing docudrama on BBC iPlayer called 'Dopesick'. It is based on real events  and examines the dreadful causes and effects of the opioid crisis unleashed in large part on the United States by Purdue Pharma.

I've always been averse to using medication unnecessarily and this series really rammed home the dangers that lurk in the murky world of big pharma.

• Thumbs Up 2

Series 9 of Grantchester  has just arrived for anyone that can cope with a detective vicar in Cambridge.

I watch it because I know Grantchester quite well and Cambridge was on my patch back when I worked for a living. ☺️

I quite like the poem about Granchester by Rupert Brooke as well

oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Series 9 of Grantchester  has just arrived for anyone that can cope with a detective vicar in Cambridge.

I watch it because I know Grantchester quite well and Cambridge was on my patch back when I worked for a living. ☺️

I quite like the poem about Granchester by Rupert Brooke as well

oh! yet
Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?........

Or this “ poem “.

"Icy wind of nights be gone this is not your domain"
In the sky a bird is heard to cry
Misty morning whisperings and gentle stirring sounds
Belied the deathly silence that lay all around
Hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox
Gone to ground
See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water
And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees
Laughing as it passes through the endless summer, making for the sea
In the lazy water meadow I lay me down
All around me golden sun flakes covering the ground
Basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon
Bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room
Hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox
Gone to ground
See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water
And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees
Laughing as it passes through the endless summer, making for the sea”. PF

Always made me want to visit Grantchester to see if it as magical as it sounds.

Apologies for the off-topic comment, just revisiting 1969.

Edited by Jethro Tull
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

Where can I find this?

Idk - have you looked at spuds uploads on tpb, he often caps shows from the Australian channel, SBS. i had it kicking around on a HDD for a while. 

I watched another Dutch / Belgian series Red Light recently, that shared the same actors as micro mafia

Currently enjoying the first season of The Mosquito Coast, from Apple TV. 

Horizon

New 3 hour about settlers in the US.

First hour was exceptional. Then it all went downhill. Its had some good reviews. Absolutely no idea why, though. 

Edited by faraday
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2024 at 2:30 PM, Moonlover said:

There is a brilliant, but very disturbing docudrama on BBC iPlayer called 'Dopesick'. It is based on real events  and examines the dreadful causes and effects of the opioid crisis unleashed in large part on the United States by Purdue Pharma.

I've always been averse to using medication unnecessarily and this series really rammed home the dangers that lurk in the murky world of big pharma.

Look forward to watching this, it is shocking how Purdue pushed the drugs and how the Sackler family made billions from it then wanted to settle for 6billion US dollars with a cluse that they would be protected from anyother future lawsuits. Luckly In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled against a multibillion-dollar opioid settlement that would have protected the Sackler family from future lawsuits.

On 8/14/2024 at 3:25 PM, xylophone said:

I have just finished watching what appears to be the final episode of the "Vienna Blood" series on BBC iPlayer which I found good viewing, and the final episode was indeed totally unexpected, but quite possibly hinted upon what the future will hold for Austria??

I've just finished season 4 of Vienna Blood (Only 2 episodes) and it was good IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Watched 'Stags 1 & 2' last night. I watched 2nd episode because I can't believe a company spent money on making this vomit-inducing crap. 

I agree, it's pretty bad.

True Crime Story: Smugshot

I watch a lot of true crimes shows, but the first episode of this one was just outrageous.

Revenge of the PTA Mom

A wealthy Orange County mom and her husband, both attorneys, plot revenge on the PTA president for not properly supervising their son at school.

It starts with a smear campaign, then escalates to police reports, then something worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

@faraday that’s a shame, it looked good and got some good reviews.

I binged on a Swedish mini series, evil (6 episodes over two nights) - from Walter Presents at the weekend. It made an interesting change, quite tense at times.

https://entertainment-focus.com/2024/06/24/walter-presents-is-bringing-evil-to-c4-streaming-in-august/

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 2

I decided to watch, "A Very English Scandal" again, mainly because after my concussion I could not remember much about it! So pleased that I did because it was very enjoyable and the acting by both Hugh Grant and Ben Wishaw was excellent, and it resonated because I was in the UK at the time when this occurred and there was a standing joke/retort amongst our group of guys and it was: – "bite the pillow Norman".

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:
11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just enjoyed watching season 3 of the Mayor of Kingstown. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/

Is it better than se 2? where he spend more time in his car driving around then doing anything?

It  didn't really register at the time, but yes, Mike does spend a lot of time driving in season 3 as well. Can't really say if it was better than season 2 or not.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

5 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Is it better than se 2? where he spend more time in his car driving around then doing anything?

He was refused a bus pass....hence using his car as taxis were too expensive  :whistling:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It  didn't really register at the time, but yes, Mike does spend a lot of time driving in season 3 as well. Can't really say if it was better than season 2 or not.

I would rate season one         7.5

Season 2 just scrapes to a     5

Season 3 maybe                     6.3

• Thumbs Up 1