Hamas deputy leader Saleh al-Arouri killed in Beirut blast

CharlieH

34 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

It's just a matter of semantics since both sides are guilty of deliberately killing non-combatants in this conflict.

The massive pro-Palestinian demonstrations worldwide show clearly who the overwhelming majority of people consider to be the real terrorists.

Are you Jackson Hinkle or Jake Shields?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

The massive pro-Palestinian demonstrations worldwide show clearly who the overwhelming majority of people consider to be the real terrorists.

Just look at the ratio of Muslims to Jews worldwide! 

Of course there are more supporters for a Muslim Group than a Jewish one!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VillageIdiot said:

Hear! Hear!

You really hit a raw nerve with that one.

Bravo!

The responses - mostly from the usual suspects - are verging on the ludicrous.

You really hit a raw nerve with that one.

Freedom fighters or terrorists, nah no raw nerves hit here but perhaps ask those who were raped, gang raped, mutilated while alive, burnt alive, kidnapped or executed, oh wait, you can't. Most are dead now and those hostages left can't speak.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

It's just a matter of semantics since both sides are guilty of deliberately killing non-combatants in this conflict.

You think the perpertrators of the October 7 attacks could be described as freedom fighters? :sick:

I suggest you read the following article. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/28/world/middleeast/oct-7-attacks-hamas-israel-sexual-violence.html

image.png.26a81bf98aec5e43b3bec9eaeca8877d.png

Some really sick people in this world.... :sick:

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BonnieandClyde said:

Agreed.

The aphorism "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" was coined in 1976 to describe Nelson Mandela - among many others - during their fight against Apartheid South Africa.

It applies equally well today when used to define those fighting Apartheid Israel in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Regime change is the only hope for that benighted country. The alternative will surely be to provoke their goofy ally the USA into igniting a regional conflagration with worldwide repercussions.

Establishing an Israeli government that would live within their internationally recognized 1967 borders and stop killing and bombing their neighbours to steal yet more land is a reasonable objective to fight for that shouldn't be equated with terrorism.

That fond hope vanished with the Gaza Massacre that is creating an unprecedented amount of global hostility.

It brings to mind Meyer Lansky's famous lament... "When you're a Jew the whole world is against you."

Two different situations to be sure, but the same knee-jerk reaction to both.

Guess you missed out the gruesome details of the 7/10 attack. Or maybe you think mass rapes are a form of fighting for freedom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:31 AM, CharlieH said:

An Israeli spokesman said Saleh al-Arouri had died in a "surgical strike against the Hamas leadership".

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving case.

Also, a friend of mine has sent me a clip which purportedly shows Palestinians carrying a dead man, supposedly killed by the IDF, on a stretcher to his burial, when an air raid siren goes off, so they drop the stretcher to the ground and run off seeking shelter – – and lo and behold, a miracle happens, the "dead man" gets up from the stretcher and also runs for cover.

Hamas up to its old tricks again, and when I see protesters in the UK holding up flags which say "Free Palestine" I would love to add on the end of that, "from Hamas", because that's the reality of it, and I can only hope that more Hamas terrorists are wiped from the face of this earth. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1