US Orthodontist Says She Was Electrocuted In "Freak Accident" In Thailand

webfact

57 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

I wouldn't call it a freak accident. It's the norm here

Yep, got a 'belt' on Tuesday, installing a new water heater in my bathroom. Wish I'd posted on social media now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Tedly said:

I laugh at the term "influencer" too, they sure don't influence me. 

And I laugh at people who only view the world through the prism of their own experience and preferences.

One is not a great statistical analysis...

• Agree 1

What were the injuries??

There's not mention of any injuries....hmm.

An influencer was shocked, black out and was rushed to the hospital.

54 minutes ago, Robbie2618 said:

When one hears anything happening to an "Influencer", the first thought that comes to mind is a staged incident, not saying this is one of them but when they go on to give no specifics of the alleged incident just her word it happened, it does throw some shade on it. Also, her saying in and out of the hospital means she wasn't hospitalized there for 10 days but the article would lead many to think that if they were paying attention.

Yea...that's what I was thinking.  

What were the injuries??

There's not mention of any injuries....hmm.

An influencer was shocked, black out and was rushed to the hospital.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She wrote that during her trip to Thailand, she was electrocuted by power lines, blacked out, and then was quickly rushed to the hospital. "In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away. Lucky to be here, 2024. Life is so precious. One second you have it, and the next second it can be taken away from you just like that," the doctor wrote in her post.

Her meaning for saying so grateful to be here. Means she is so grateful to be alive. It has nothing to do with Thailand. I think the OP misunderstood the reference and just wanted to write something good for Thailand

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

"Electrocution" means death from electrical shock. She's alive and just another Drama Queen creating clickbait :glare:

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

electocute

to kill someone by causing electricity to flow through their body

Source: Cambrige dictionary

"Miraculous resurrection from the dead" would have been a more appropriate story title.

Not exactly guys.  We have had this debate on here before.  The meaning of 'Electrocuted' used to = death but it has varied for many years now to include serious injury.

verb
past tense: electrocuted; past participle: electrocuted
  1. injure or kill (someone) by electric shock.
    "a man was electrocuted on the rail track"

Origin
image.png.c74a692f4e4352544386722fa0a934bb.png
late 19th century (first used with reference to execution in the electric chair): from electro-, on the pattern of execute .

Oxford Languages
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Not exactly guys.  We have had this debate on here before.  The meaning of 'Electrocuted' used to = death but it has varied for many years now to include serious injury.

So your point is that she's not a Drama Queen?

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Nothing is grounded (earthed for you Brits). I can't tell you how many times I touched a piece of electronics that was plugged in and got a mild shock. 

No, especially not overhead power lines.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

So your point is that she's not a Drama Queen?

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I think my point is quite clear, I was commenting on your mistaken understanding of the word, nothing else.

You must be a lot of fun at parties :smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

No, but a lack of details and apparently 'PTSD' after a little shock leaving no physical evidence

Not supporting any viewpoint but just to correct you - nobody, but nobody, gets a 'little shock' from overhead power lines.  If you don't believe me, climb a pole and grab one.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

Just now, Wuvu2 said:

You must be a lot of fun at parties :smile:

Nope, I have a lot of fun at parties - maybe because I don't make cheap quips based on an old fashioned understanding of a word.

What's your problem, does someone pointing out your mistake hurt your feelings? Its nothing, don't let it bother you. Over & out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is all a fake …ER nurses remove all your necklaces and chains etc when you are submitted to hospital emergency ….readership was down so let’s come up with a fake story…. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Is it really such a freak accident in Thailand?  LOL

No it happens quite often in the LOS. A woman was killed when a power line fell down on her riding her motorbike a couple of years back. Never heard of accidents like that in the West.

6 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

just to correct you - nobody, but nobody, gets a 'little shock' from overhead power lines. 

Spot on, and injuries may be to the systemic nerves, heart or brain function. You can't see them. 

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Unfortunate but accidents like this happen the world over

Thailand will get caned for it though

You shall always be remembered as one of the - it happens everywhere/Thai apologists, denialists 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

25k is enough followers that wood workers get free tools offered them.   Its pretty impressive and also represents the number that will soon learn that this is a very high risk danger on your visit to Thailand compared to a safe 1st World country. They will all learn about the young russian lad who died playing basketball.  They will learn that there is never anyone held liable for preventable accidents like this.  Never a settlement that will motivate xhange, nothing more offered than  a pitance even if there is desth.  No reason to expect change or  improvement in Thailand.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Agree 1