You are the prize! She is not. It's about you, not her. Change your attitude!

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why pick on me? There are other posters more negative about women than I.

Try starting a "why are you happy" thread then if it's a problem for you.

I'm happy because every day is sunny, my home is nice, my wife is attractive and my pets are soft and furry.

How can anyone living in Thailand not be happy?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm happy because every day is sunny, my home is nice, my wife is attractive and my pets are soft and furry.

How can anyone living in Thailand not be happy?

I had some soft and furry pets when I was in Thailand too. I also had some hamsters- vicious little beasts that they are. I should have stuck with the soft and furry ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

OP sounds a bit sour grapes.

I'm in a relationship with a Thai woman 25 years my junior. She was interested in me for my humour, consideration of others and I'm in no doubt that I was a more attractive prospect than most local men.

Our relationship has stood the test of time and extended periods apart for 7 years. We had a daughter 8 years ago. Got married February this year. 

I paid sinsod, not a large amount. A token. I guess It will keep the MIL in food for maybe 6 months. Am I a fool, some of you will say yes. Fair enough.

I'm confident in our relationship that we, my wife and I, will share our assets and the survivors, probably her and our daughter will be the beneficiaries. 

Good on us :thumbsup:

Edited by drgoon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The alternative, with high value western heritage, may look more like this.  Not exactly an upgrade.

image.png.24cb03156121883e0cc45b2b429ef102.png

Obviously, a Singaporean. I don't think we are referencing them. Are we?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drgoon said:

OP sounds a bit sour grapes.

I'm in a relationship with a Thai woman 25 years my junior. She was interested in me for my humour, consideration of others and I'm in no doubt that I was a more attractive prospect than most local men.

Our relationship has stood the test of time and extended periods apart for 7 years. We had a daughter 8 years ago. Got married February this year. 

I paid sinsod, not a large amount. A token. I guess It will keep the MIL in food for maybe 6 months. Am I a fool, some of you will say yes. Fair enough.

I'm confident in our relationship that we, my wife and I, will share our assets and the survivors, probably her and our daughter will be the beneficiaries. 

Good on us :thumbsup:

You don't understand my original post.  One member got it. One.  Only one! 

Let me put it a different way - Men, real men who come here, need to stop being such pussies or pushovers. I am amazed that people who lived in the West made money, maybe raised a child or two, allowed toothless papas to dictate what they did, and made them conform to third-world customs. 

What about our customs? If women want a foreigner, which is the first gate, they need to learn our customs. 

It's the same when I see a Brit riding with his child in front of him on a motorbike. The child has no helmet. Where did this Brit learn to do like this? In Britain? I doubt it.  The last Brit I ran into had his little airbag before him. 

When did he learn to be stupid? Would he drive around with his baby in Britain?  No. 

When my boy was a baby, his mother wanted to take him on the motorbike, saying she wasn't going far. 

NO. 

She is now married to another American as of last month, and he got the 3.0 version. She is quite a prize, but she didn't start that way. Again, 3.0 version. She is fluent in English, has learned many of our ways, and agrees our way is better.  I wish them the best of luck. 

I have three women.  Yes, 3. I spend time with each of them, and they all know each other. 

45, 40, and 38. My 45-year-old looks 35. All speak English now, and they are all learning a different way of living. 

I tell everyone that Thailand is outside my front doors. Inside the condos, we are Americans. We make decisions as Americans, not Thai. 

I could go on. 

Sour grapes? No. 

• Confused 2

On 1/4/2024 at 10:12 PM, Walker88 said:

Most expats I see, ostensibly 'living the dream', are obese, tatted-up, Chang wife beater-wearing, guys thinking they are doing Thai women a favor.

I don't know anyone like that but you're right, there's definitely a lot of knuckle-draggers out there.

Let me add some things: All of these women may be Thai, but they have some core values, and that is honest. None of them lie. They don't need to lie. I won't lie to them, either. 

Honesty. 

Trust. 

In their hearts, they are wonderful people.

I found them all on Tinder or ThaiFriendly. 

My massage lady - Tinder

GF's Tinder and TF

Cleaning my condo - Tinder

Many good women are waiting to be found. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Am I, Opals prize or is she mine?

I would advocate I won the Lottery.

There are good women here.  

And yet the ankelbiters are swarming.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DudleySquat said:

All of these women may be Thai, but they have some core values, and that is honest. None of them lie. They don't need to lie. I won't lie to them, either. 

Honesty. 

Trust. 

In their hearts, they are wonderful people.

I found them all on Tinder or ThaiFriendly. 

If you believe that hogwash then you are not living in either the real Thailand or this planet Earth!

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Your air of superiority and self-congratulations on this thread is breathtaking.

I'm betting that your very best love relationship has always been the one you have with yourself.

What an amazing display  of  narcissism. 😂

You sound bitter. I guess that means you fell under my description and it triggered you. Hey ho… the truth can hurt. You’ll just have to get used to it. 
Don’t be mad at me because I keep high standards. Try to bring yours up or simply understand your place in the world. Don’t try to shoot the messenger. You won’t touch me anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

There are good women here.  

And yet the ankelbiters are swarming.

You hit a nerve and they some are taking it personally. 
It’s obviously just someone’s opinion and it wasn’t directed any anyone in particular. 
Some could have come back as to how it didn’t apply to them and their families, but instead railed against you having an opinion at all. 
Look at how someone reacted to my perspective and my opinion. They don’t seem to understand that people make different choices than they and so see life from a completely different perspective. Posting here allows one to express that perspective candidly. I say what I see. There’s always someone who will see themselves described in what I see. But it’s my honest perspective and my real life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/6/2024 at 7:21 AM, FruitPudding said:

Seriously guys, is this a prize?

Is this who you think you should try to impress?

Honestly, what do you see here?

images (22).jpeg

Uh oh, it seems the proof is in the pudding. He gets it.  Please join the non-ankle biters in the real world. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:43 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Simps - that I believe is the modern term for a Beta male.  We used to say some blokes are 'pussy whipped' but these days the Simps are far worse.

To all newbies and wanna be newbies - Dudley is right. I have seen over the years so many 'simps' get taken for a ride, because they are thinking like they are back in the west where they have been hammered for decades to think that the girl is the prize.  The exact opposite exists here in Thailand - and there are lots of good Thai girls who are looking for a good Expat - but you wont find them in bars etc.  

Weren't they the ones they called "lame, dupe, overpayers?"

• Confused 2

On 1/6/2024 at 12:31 AM, save the frogs said:

you might pay 300 baht

I can guarantee you I have not, nor will I ever pay 300b for a Big Mac. What would be next? A 300b Starbuck's Coffee? 

You must not know about the McDonald's Coupon App. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:07 AM, AustinRacing said:

This guy seems to have been bitten a few times. Hopefully ranting nonsense here will be therapeutic for him. 

I don't go quickly with the flow. Ranting nonsense seems to be the norm here. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

You can buy younger females from bars or have a relationship with a divorcee your own age and that's about all you can get 

Not 100% true.  I fully understand your point but it doesn't apply to all of us.

I neither 'buy younger females from bars' or have relationships with divorcees of my own age.  Unless she was something amazing (yet to see one), I wouldn't even dream of going with anyone anywhere near my own age - I just don't find envelope flaps attractive.  I don't have any problem finding women half my age and no, I don't throw money around or pay for them (although I'll gladly admit to having paid them in the past). I don't consider myself a particular 'catch' but I have looked after myself. I still go clubbing and I wouldn't dream of wearing a nylon football shirt or sandals with long socks.

I don't doubt that a great many Thai females (that are not on the knock) look for financial stability as one of their requirements when choosing a partner and I don't see much wrong with that. Nor do I think that only applies to Thai females - nobody sensible is going to intentionally subject themselves to a life of poverty and in the main, men are still looked upon as the breadwinner.

You are stereotyping but I do appreciate that more females might fit that stereotype in Thailand than in some other countries. For some its almost a national sport.

Left to their own devices, Thai females will of course gravitate towards men of their own age - its natural. But stay in shape, ditch the football shirt, the beer belly and sandals and put yourself out there (and I'm not talking about Bangkok or Pattaya), make the effort and you may be surprised at the results. You have to work harder than younger guys but the results can be worth it.

I also think that the more you speak the language, the better your prospects.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

She is fluent in English, has learned many of our ways, and agrees our way is better.

agrees our way is better.

Either she is just playing along or she doesn't understand "our way" which IMO is not good ( being polite ).

"Our way" IMO, has polluted the entire planet, runs on greed, and makes wars for profit. No one I know is happy in "our way".

The Thais were a lot happier till they started copying "our way" and now they are unhappy too.

"Our way" sucks, IMO.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

LOL. What does "better prospects" mean? A woman that demands a more expensive restaurant dinner before doing the hokey tokey than one that's happy with a Big Mac, perhaps? Are they not all the same with the lights out?

I do speak Thai, but even when I didn't I had zero problem having a happy ending. If I wanted to discuss philosophy with a non English speaking Thai woman, conversational Thai would obviously be of use, but none of the Thai women I liked discussed such, despite speaking conversational English. Come to that, none of the English speaking western women I know have a penchant for discussing philosophy, the origins of the universe, or the painting technique of Van Gogh either.

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Left to their own devices, Thai females will of course gravitate towards men of their own age - its natural. But stay in shape, ditch the football shirt, the beer belly and sandals and put yourself out there (and I'm not talking about Bangkok or Pattaya), make the effort and you may be surprised at the results. You have to work harder than younger guys but the results can be worth it.

Too much time and effort .................

I prefer to pay, and there's so many to pick and choose from.

I've never had much time for 'good women', what are they 'good' for?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never had much time for 'good women', what are they 'good' for?

The reverse appears to be the case. The good woman whom you had managed to find ran out of time for you, ditched you, and grabbed your considerable assets, no? Hence you're left with bitterness, cynicism, misogyny, and prostitutes who only have time for you as long as you're paying them.:smile:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The reverse appears to be the case. The good woman whom you had managed to find ran out of time for you, ditched you, and grabbed your considerable assets, no? Hence you're left with bitterness, cynicism, misogyny, and prostitutes who only have time for you as long as you're paying them.:smile:

Yeah, if only my life was as good as yours, sharing a single room with an unattractive gf in Pattaya. You living the life man!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, if only my life was as good as yours, sharing a single room with an unattractive gf in Pattaya.

LOL. And so, besides the previous convenient distortion of the reality, you also need the comfort of delusions and sour grapes.:crying: Whatever happened to the Brit stiff upper lip of yesteryear? How the once-mighty Empire has fallen. Buck up, man; accept your fate with grace and equanimity.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1