roger101

3 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Other than during periods of extremely high humidity

Which is most of the year in Thailand.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Which is most of the year in Thailand.  

Let's not forget they're also designed to block sun reflected from the sides, as well as the top, as riders are leaning forward in the drops.

But I'll defer to your obviously better judgement and experience.  So you can win the intertubes today.  Hooray.

23 hours ago, roger101 said:

The Doctor at BPH told me to wear a hat when out (possible cataracts). So I looked at Decathlon and Lazada, but virtually all they have are baseball caps (which I already have). I want a hat with a brim all round. So where is the place to look for a selection of hats at a reasonable price?

Have you been to central  Mikes or terminal 21

23 hours ago, roger101 said:

The Doctor at BPH told me to wear a hat when out (possible cataracts). So I looked at Decathlon and Lazada, but virtually all they have are baseball caps (which I already have). I want a hat with a brim all round. So where is the place to look for a selection of hats at a reasonable price?

Since already have bb caps, add grey tint sunglasses to you accessories if not already.  Polarized wouldn't hurt either.   I was advised to wear shades to slow the progression of cataracts.

Along with some drop, which do seem to work

It's a sign of all that's wrong with the world when a chap goes out East without packing his Solar Topi and tropical jacket.  Why, back in my day one wouldn't be allowed in the club for a stengah if not wearing them. Ought to be flogged, I say.

image.png.bdc14836602993983883214c23bd540d.png

image.png.a3c05e34f6df0ba3ebd838e4dfe689e6.png

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

It's a sign of all that's wrong with the world when a chap goes out East without packing his Solar Topi and tropical jacket.  Why, back in my day one wouldn't be allowed in the club for a stengah if not wearing them. Ought to be flogged, I say.

image.png.bdc14836602993983883214c23bd540d.png

image.png.a3c05e34f6df0ba3ebd838e4dfe689e6.png

C'mon, man.

You're just taking the pith.

• Like 1

Great tip. Go to any of the big  Malls such as Central. Go to the men sports department nat the back usually.  There you have brands like Colombia, North Face, you will find the brimmed hats you’re looking for, UVA proof, good quality you can wash and wear forever.  Don’t muck with the sun on your face / head. 
in Bangkok there are many specialty trecking shops, online too, but better to try the hat on before buying it !
I like the Australian type myself that really are the best and made for purpose. 

On 1/6/2024 at 2:14 PM, neytil said:

Go with a beret, develop your own style and own the town with your unique yet practical look.

A beret will not protect enough and it’s warm to wear, also not uva proof.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is the OP a Brit? If so, I'd think he'd want to go with a deerstalker. Why compromise?

image.thumb.png.b2e18aaaeaf2c60b73fbe872e93f4513.png

Protective front and rear. Earflaps helpful against Pattaya noise. Perfect for hunting on Soi 6. Also, for greater inspiration, may be worn while at the keyboard engaged in detective work here on the forum.

Seem none sold on Lazada but of course importing is easy.

Edited by BigStar