Thai Airways: Perth to Bangkok route to take off on March 31

webfact

image.jpeg

Thai Airways announced the resumption of daily flights between Perth and Bangkok.

The route will be covered by the Boeing 787 Dreamliner on a nonstop seven-hour journey.

No longer shackled by layovers, this exclusive direct route between Bangkok and Perth has left rival airlines – including Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Malindo Air, Malaysia Airlines, and Air Asia – in the dust, forcing passengers to endure pitstops at their respective hubs.

The Dreamliner is decked out with 22 flatbed seats in Thai’s Royal Silk business class. However, bear in mind that these are arranged in a slightly dated 2-2-2 configuration, shunning the allure of a 1-2-1 plan that grants the utmost privacy and direct aisle access for every discerning passenger. Following the lap of luxury in business class, a cavernous 234 economy seats await eager travellers.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Executive Traveller

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I really wish the Thaiger would stop using Chat GPT to write its articles - the overuse of adjectives becomes exhausting to read.

So don't.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

I really wish the Thaiger would stop using Chat GPT to write its articles - the overuse of adjectives becomes exhausting to read.

Agreed. It's awful generic blah writing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Seems to be a thing these day, thinking the more adjectives used the more chance you believe it lol!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, HighPriority said:

A Darwin stop would be appreciated. 

They (AAX and Jetstar IIRC) tried a Darwin hub for a few years but they couldn't make it work. If the Australian government had allowed foreign airlines the right to pick up passengers and take them to the Southern capitals and return it might have been a game changer.

It also might have made much of Asia reachable with narrow body jets which would possibly result in opening up more destinations.

Alas it seems very much off the cards these days

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

They (AAX and Jetstar IIRC) tried a Darwin hub for a few years but they couldn't make it work. If the Australian government had allowed foreign airlines the right to pick up passengers and take them to the Southern capitals and return it might have been a game changer.

It also might have made much of Asia reachable with narrow body jets which would possibly result in opening up more destinations.

Alas it seems very much off the cards these days

The internationals stopping in Darwin did happen at one time but alas…

14 hours ago, HighPriority said:

A Darwin stop would be appreciated. 

Not from what my Perth pals tell me.... this direct route will make their lives easy. Presuming the price is competitive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not from what my Perth pals tell me.... this direct route will make their lives easy. Presuming the price is competitive.

At least this will give me another option to get to Thailand, besides flying Darwin to Melbourne/Sydney to Thailand 🙄

Darwin to Perth to Thailand 🤣

12 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

At least this will give me another option to get to Thailand, besides flying Darwin to Melbourne/Sydney to Thailand 🙄

Darwin to Perth to Thailand 🤣

Darwin Bali Bangkok not an option? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Darwin Bali Bangkok not an option? 

It is but I’m not sure if it’s viable as it’s never offered as an option when I search flights whereas Darwin, Melbourne, Bangkok is viable apparently 🙄

Bali also has a small arrivals tax payable.

Singapore Airways are still flying Darwin, Singapore, Thailand but there’s no competition on pricing and a minimum 8hr overnight stopover in Singapore.

First world problems I guess… 🤷🏼‍♂️

19 hours ago, khunjeff said:

How can you possibly say this article is AI generated. I'm mean really.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Following the lap of luxury in business class, a cavernous 234 economy seats await eager travellers.

:w00t:

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1

Shocked about the 234 seats?

Biggest "dream"liner has a max capacity of 294.

BUT they use a 787-8. So likely  something wrong with the number.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hope they bring back direct to Brisbane - it was always full and Brisbane far bigger than Perth.  Air Asia also used to run a direct to Brisbane service out of DM but that was only for a few months before COVID hit.

QF out of Swampy via Sydney always full and changing planes in SYD is a nightmare.   SIN a bit easier but hope Brisbane direct comes back soon.

• Agree 1