Chinese tourists search for new experiences in Thailand

webfact

Many Chinese feel that Thailand is not safe. Reports of rape, robbery and murder in Thailand are widely reported in lurid detail in China. This is of far more importance to most Chinese than what the TAT describes as 'wanting high-quality tours and authentic local experiences'.

• Agree 2

Maybe try standing on the back step of a moving songthaew. clinging to a handrail, and urinating onto the road. Seems to be quite the rage these days. If possible, take a selfie and post online after having departed the country.

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i dont go out so i cant say. but... according to stickman's website the bar fines and short time costs with a bar girl have apparently gone up significantly. could the chinese in search of new experiences be the culprits behind these price hikes?

I know for a fact these guys dont mind paying 3kst 8klt.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, loong said:

Amazing photo!
They managed to get every single person in it looking bored stiff.

I think that the photographer must have said  "Say Jeez" instead of "say cheese".

image.png.a4a5710aa4245a2becaafe81a1459778.png

It screams out for a caption, doesn't it?

How's about "Where's that bloody bus got to?"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Best way to have an authentic experience is to learn some manners outside of mainland China and practice them.  Japanese did it back in the 80's, I think that China would benefit greatly from this.

This will bring a more authentic experience.  It would be nice to not have to go out to a restaurant and hear screaming, bickering, begging for a little more food for nothing, and leaving a freaking mess all over the place.  

Just sayin... 

And spitting on the floor in restaurants 

• Agree 1

So now they will be arriving in smaller groups and running around by themselves completely unsupervised ?   Who on earth has allowed this?   Still what do I care there interest in authentic experiences is unlikely to tempt them beyond the usual tourist ghettos,  They certainly won't be coming to Surin any time soon

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Many Chinese feel that Thailand is not safe. Reports of rape, robbery and murder in Thailand are widely reported in lurid detail in China. This is of far more importance to most Chinese than what the TAT describes as 'wanting high-quality tours and authentic local experiences'.

The media there is controlled somewhat by the government and encouraged.  They don't want their citizens travelling - would rather have them stay at home.

China, hell, all nations enjoy control of their citizens one way or another.  If they practice it is up for debate.  Media is a great way to accomplish this.  Just pull up CNN or Fox news and get the left or rights view on things.  Obscured to maximize clicks and readership solely.  

And I am sorry to pick on those two news sources.  They are low hanging fruit in a world of examples.  

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i dont go out so i cant say. but... according to stickman's website the bar fines and short time costs with a bar girl have apparently gone up significantly. could the chinese in search of new experiences be the culprits behind these price hikes?

According to Stickman it's the Koreans...

(Maybe because things in Thailand seem cheap, exchanging their worthless money: 1 Thai baht = 37.62 Korean won. They probably weigh the money in South Korea, rather than counting it...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Why do we have a day by day account on Chinese tourists ?

They're back (unfortunately). Those who said they wouldn't return were talking nonsense. It's just been a bit slower than other countries. There is over a billion Chinese people. The well of Chinese head to Europe and Americas. The bottom of the barrel head to Thailand. 

It's mass tourism that will ruin cities like Bangkok and some great beach resorts. But well this current lot want that. 

We don't need a day by day coverage on chinese tourists. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1