Granted Evisa, Singapore airlines and one way ticket

Right I know what some answers will be but bear with me

2nd Evisa (single entry) granted and now using the "return" portion of a Bangkok London Bangkok ticket so now effectively one way inbound to Thailand

The sole reason I havent already purchased a final one way out of Thailand next March/April is that I may extend the 60 days by couple weeks but dont want to committ entirely at this stage

Now in October on Etihad (outright one way ticket) the check in guy didnt even open the printed off Evisa folded A4 sheet whatsover just issued boarding card (I got upgraded both legs very lucky) and that was that

Now from reading flyer forums Singapore airlines take a somewhat different view on one way tickets especially out of Changi so have to assume it may well be the same at Heathrow ground handling

Now are these onward ticket reservation websites reliable and any recommendations ?

I dont want to be at home to Mr Co** up at Heathrow ground handling when agent says we know these deliberately "fake" tickets are (and cllearly must do)

I really dont want to buy that one way ticket home so far in advance obviously but nor do I want problems at check in

Edited by Chivas

SIngapore airlines at Heathrow are very picky. Even if you get past check-in which I think is outsourced then you have the gate, I got pulled aside at the gate and I thought f me I'm getting an upgrade, how bloody sweet will this be and about time having never had an upgrade, but it wasn't to be, just thorough inspection of right to stay because I was on a one way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, eyeman said:

SIngapore airlines at Heathrow are very picky. Even if you get past check-in which I think is outsourced then you have the gate, I got pulled aside at the gate and I thought f me I'm getting an upgrade, how bloody sweet will this be and about time having never had an upgrade, but it wasn't to be, just thorough inspection of right to stay because I was on a one way.

Exactly what I'm reading unfortunately

58 minutes ago, eyeman said:
58 minutes ago, eyeman said:

onwardticket dot com will be fine, avoid the cheaper ones im pretty sure you dont get a verifable PNR on $5-$7 ones

Just had a look at that but little confidence. I completed all details Bangkok Cambodia for random date in March but its NOT picking out a particular flight (purely a date) and am at the book and pay stage

$18 (no problem) but I have no idea whats coming back to me via email

Edited....have not booked and paid just wanted to see whats came up

Edited by Chivas

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Now are these onward ticket reservation websites reliable and any recommendations ?

Very reliable.

I have never read a "failure" report regarding them.

To the contrary many have reported zero issues.

"onwardticket.com" is one popular site.

As added peace of mind if any issues step away from check in and book cheapest throw away ticket. 

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Here is cut and paste from another thread (30 minutes ago) from @Gilmoure 

"I am glad I listened to some of you guys and purchased an onward ticket.

I just had to use it 30 minutes ago for my Asiana Air flight from Seoul to Bangkok. Self check-in flagged me and I had to see an airline rep. Showed them my temporary ticket and no problem. 16 USD well spent me thinks. Thank you gents. "

On 1/10/2024 at 8:56 AM, DrJack54 said:

Very reliable.

As added peace of mind if any issues step away from check in and book cheapest throw away ticket. 

I contacted their support and happy with their response

Once you pay the system automatically picks any flight that day (where reservations are available) and generates the booking and Email which lapses if not paid in full 48 hours later

i suggested booking 12 hours before wheels up (In London) and they confirmed thats fine as Email will be with you within 5 minutes

I will do this 100% next week

Edited by Chivas

I only comment on flying from Singapore on a one way ticket. Check on online. Download app. No need for paper  boarding pass, no so-called “flipping thru the passport” for a visa. No questions at all and near zero human interaction. 

If you have a connecting flight from Brum or with the tattooed teenagers at Monroe Louisiana working for United you would probably have some hassle trying to fly in on a one way ticket. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I only comment on flying from Singapore on a one way ticket. Check on online. Download app. No need for paper  boarding pass, no so-called “flipping thru the passport” for a visa. No questions at all and near zero human interaction. 

If you have a connecting flight from Brum or with the tattooed teenagers at Monroe Louisiana working for United you would probably have some hassle trying to fly in on a one way ticket. 

i will check in online. I have got an Evisa. I will get an onward ticket although frankly if an Embassy grants that Evisa having all the relevant paperwork uploaded prior to it being granted than that should be the end of the matter

However as earlier I had read the flyer forums and Singapore are "picky" and I dont want an issue....I'd rather waste £14 than being offloaded at Heathrow

As for zero human interaction the passport has to be checked at some point doubtless during bag drop as always

7 minutes ago, Chivas said:

i will check in online. I have got an Evisa. I will get an onward ticket although frankly if an Embassy grants that Evisa having all the relevant paperwork uploaded prior to it being granted than that should be the end of the matter

However as earlier I had read the flyer forums and Singapore are "picky" and I dont want an issue....I'd rather waste £14 than being offloaded at Heathrow

As for zero human interaction the passport has to be checked at some point doubtless during bag drop as always

That is my point. Checking in from England or bum scum Louisiana with poorly educated jobsworths referencing boilerplate nonsense from their terminals. I have read ludicrous reports even you need a passport with 6 month’s validity

When I  travel from Singapore with the actual Singapore airlines or Scoot experience no checks or questions whatsoever. The baggage check machine at Changi term 1  is behind here. You simply insert your passport again. There is a man there but no reason for him to even touch your passport as long as the baggage tag prints

IMG_3286.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

With a visa an onward flight flight not required. 

I said in the OP I had an Evisa

Now prior to very recent times I always said the same the Visa alleviated the onward ticket out of Thailand (at some point) but if you read the flyer forums in general Re Thailand there are far to many having personal experience of the opposite being the case

16 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I said in the OP I had an Evisa

Now prior to very recent times I always said the same the Visa alleviated the onward ticket out of Thailand (at some point) but if you read the flyer forums in general Re Thailand there are far to many having personal experience of the opposite being the case

My last evisa from USA in November was held and not issued until I provided an outbound ticket .

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

My last evisa from USA in November was held and not issued until I provided an outbound ticket .

Do I understand you correctly....

You had to provide onward flight for the eVisa application? 

This thread concerns onward flight for airline at departure. 

32 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Yes this is the problem

Not all agencies/airlines concerned are singing from the same hymn sheet. I really dont want to be at home to Mr Coc* up at ground handling and having to mess around getting a very "real" reservation at check in paying about £80 at least to get a flight to Cambodia or wherever that I'll never remotely use

Considering the overall cost of upcoming trip which will be at least 2 months £14 seems somewhat cheap to get that onward ticket

Having contacted them they seem very professional and know what they're doing

I will update this thread Friday next week

Edited by Chivas
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do I understand you correctly....

You had to provide onward flight for the eVisa application? 

This thread concerns onward flight for airline at departure. 

Thats correct as I was replying to your comment that "with a visa you didn't need one".  I posted it more than once on here recommending not to wait to purchase one last minute as well because when I purchased my onward flight rent a ticket I got a response say I had to wait until office hours opened to get the reservation sheet which was some 5 + hours later

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Recently flying with Thai from Heathrow to Bangkok, the lady at check-in asked if I had an onward ticket.

I said ‘no’ and then I said ‘why do I need an onward ticket’. (I knew I was on safe ground as I had a resident return visa.)

At this point, the check-in lady got really upset – I had answered a question, with a question.

Cannot remember rest of conversation, but I complained as to why she was so angry and reminded her that I had said ‘good morning’ and she had ignored my courtesy.

Ultimately, we both reduced the tension and all was OK.

The question of onward ticket is serious issue as of course you can be put off the flight.

I learned a lesson flying from Singapore to Philippines.

At check-in, they wanted my onward ticket.

I found out that this actually a government requirement for travel to Philippines.

I had to rush to another counter and bought a return ticket with another airline (SIA was too expensive), before I could check-in.

I have not heard of ‘onward flight.com’.

I have sometimes bought a cheap onward throw away ticket.

Just googled “dummy ticket for return flight”:

Dummy Ticket in Visa Processes

There are some countries that ask for dummy flight tickets while applying for the visa.

Beware:

In the market there are some dummy tickets generator who just put your name and other details in the format of an E-ticket with fake PNR, you must not generate such tickets from there because if the ambassador gets your ticket fake he may REFUSE YOUR VISA and moreover can get taken action against you by the cops for providing false information.

There are some travel agents also who do not hold the ticket they do the same as the ticket generators do.

OK, so I recently bought a dummy ticket from a local travel agent for a Schengen Visa.

No problem there – seems like all the embassies are aware that the tickets are dummy. (Why do they have such a dumb requirement, same for dummy hotel booking requirement. That's the EU for you.)

The comment I quoted above in italics has 46 upticks, not sure how valid this comment is; he does mention the “ambassador” and not airline.

Probably, airline just waves you through – no time to check if ticket is dummy or not i.e. PNR fake or not.

Maybe, if you are within that 48 hour window, they have to give benefit of doubt, that ticket has been paid for, but not yet issued?

I think I feel safer with a cheap throw away ticket - depends on the price of that ticket I guess.

30 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Further responses above reiterate why I will have that onward "ticket" next week "just in case"

OP, be aware that if you feel your concerns have be covered you can ask for your thread to be locked. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, be aware that if you feel your concerns have be covered you can ask for your thread to be locked. 

No dont lock as yet

Let me update next Thursday evening or Friday morning as to what happened (if anything)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2024 at 9:56 AM, DrJack54 said:

Very reliable.

Not only that, but if you make the booking and pay the fee, you do actually have a flight out as it is a genuine reservation. Onwardflight.com issues a PNR with all bookings. Then if they don't hear from you within 48 hours the booking lapses.

Update post flights and arrival....18th Jan

Kudos to the earlier poster who said you may well have no interaction with ground staff as long as you check in online

I had indeed as always checked in online and Singapore operate out of T2 Heathrow where it appears all self check in. Passport in machine which validates and then throws out Boarding cards and Baggage tag.....peeled off the barcode to retain (floorwalker was watching me but not intervening)

Then one glance from floor staff that checked the boarding card against passport and directed me to put the bag on belt and using self scanner vaildate that.

And thats was it lol......Certainly no request for onward ticket (they didnt know anyway I was effectively one way)....No Evisa check obviously either

Nothing at Changi prior to 2nd short flight either

On an aside the longest immigration queues I have seen. Over 100 metres plus from the start of the slope (where the snake starts)....95% Chinese

I walked by them not quite deliberately because I wasnt 100% sure that was the actual queue because flags were raised ( but it was).....I joined at bottom of slope and still the longest ever immigration wait

Fair to play to Singapore again I might add the absolute dogs bollacks of an airline

Edited by Chivas

On 1/13/2024 at 12:41 PM, DrJack54 said:

If you want to close now fine by me as I've updated

One other point I'd forgotten actually with the immigration guy. I was smiling being polite as always and did the 4 fingers of each hand when he said look at camera...to which I responded no thumbs as a question....He smiled and said No I can see you've been many times before

Point in question the passport is brand new bar one entry and exit late last year

If anyone ever thought a new passport erased past history think again....more than a few about who think it does though !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, eyeman said:

What time did you arrive at BKK? Eager to avoid the chinese hoards on an upcoming flight where I have a little flexibility

Landed 7.45pm slightly earlier than scheduled

5 minute to deboard and then I always leg it to immigration to at least get in front of co passengers on my flight....

Probably about 8pm give or take 5 minutes

• Haha 1