Overstay 2 days after 3 months of tourist visas - what happens?

19 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Yeah stay as long as you like, why bother following immigration rules?

Note: you have 90 days which includes arrival and departure days. You do have 3 months

90 days isn't exactly 3 months. 31 days + 30 days + 31 days = 92 days in total for a 3 month period.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

Hello, what happens when I overstay one or two days on a tourist visa? I have  

1000 baht fine and/or potential lockup in immigration detention if caught on overstay.

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

90 days isn't exactly 3 months. 31 days + 30 days + 31 days = 92 days in total for a 3 month period.

Typo. My post should have said you do not have 3 months (as rest of post said 90 days)

16 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

....but I reckon I can't get my 7 days allowance to leave right now, a month before actually wanting to leave.

That's correct. 

It's not an extension.

Anyone using this would best apply just prior to expiry of your permission of stay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Ii believe it also can affect applying for other visa categories also

Why would anyone want to risk it?

With the tightening up of all visa/extension requirements, I think it is best to avoid any overstay. It just means planning and following the law.

I have never overstayed and also accept responsibility for my life actions, seems some of the visitors of Thailand of not capable of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nowadays it's best to avoid any avoidable overstays, as immigration isn't as relaxed about them anymore as they used to be.

Personally, I'd either leave on time or get those extra "7 days to leave the country" from immigration. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was one day overstay on last Evisa but not deliberately whatsover...... I had exited on Christmas day

Reapplied for new Evisa and granted as normal last week

This is what went in passport

415245996_1401012160502768_3715822442592419800_n.jpg

16 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It depends on the month and year 3 months; 31 days + 28 days + 31 days is exactly 90 days!! ;) 

The point is OP has a 90 day permission of stay, not 3 months like he says.

Example is arrive 3 Nov, you must leave by 31 Jan (not 3 Feb)

6 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Why do you feel it is ok to flaunt the rules of the country?

The locals do it every waking moment so why can't Johnny Foreigner get in on the action?

Also, why bring "morals" into the discussion in a country that has none?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The point is OP has a 90 day permission of stay, not 3 months like he says.

Example is arrive 3 Nov, you must leave by 31 Jan (not 3 Feb)

You do realise that while 90 is often not 3 months for 3 years in every 4 it can be depending on your entry date, so both of you are capable of being true. Because you are correct doesn’t mean that the OP is necessarily wrong, usually but not always. Only about 85% of the time

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Note: you have 90 days which includes arrival and departure days. You do have 3 months

"...you have 90 days ... You do have 3 months"

You seen to think that three months and 90 days are the same thing when calculating permission to stay.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, impulse said:

Good to know.  I had this vision of lights flashing and alarms going off back at Immigration HQ if a hotel entered an overstay passport number into the TM30 system.

You don't think that Immigration is supposed to be advised of registered guests?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

The locals do it every waking moment so why can't Johnny Foreigner get in on the action?

Also, why bring "morals" into the discussion in a country that has none?

It happens to be their country, not ours. You want to flaunt the rules go home and do it. Most of us here abide by the rules but entitled people such as you indicate feel they can do as they feel, news flash you cant.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be poor plan.

He can obtain 7 days from immigration for 1900b 

Exactly, but he doesnt want to do that. It is people like him that give us all a bad name and most of us abide by the rules

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

But in the last 10 days of my stay I will be in the Pattaya area and for the life of me I don't want to deal with the immigration and the queues there

Yes, like there's absolutely no police in Pattaya and they never check anyone's documents, also it's right next to the airport and nothing could ever happen between there and the immigration desk at Swampy. I wonder if you'd be happy dealing with police on overstay instead?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The gf tells me the hand written Thai in blue pen means "leniency" 

Indeed I got my ex wife to translate and she said exactly the same word

10 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Why would anyone want to risk it?

With the tightening up of all visa/extension requirements, I think it is best to avoid any overstay. It just means planning and following the law.

I have never overstayed and also accept responsibility for my life actions, seems some of the visitors of Thailand of not capable of that.

Not sure why you send this to me. I never suggested any overstay and pointed out that it cause problem in the future applying for some visa types

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

Not sure why you send this to me. I never suggested any overstay and pointed out that it cause problem in the future applying for some visa types

Apologies if not my reply was not clear, but I was supporting your statement, which you sent to me. Yes there is a risk of future problems.

My comments were aimed at the OP who seems to planning an overstay.

Again sorry, nothing was aimed at you.

3 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Apologies if not my reply was not clear, but I was supporting your statement, which you sent to me. Yes there is a risk of future problems.

My comments were aimed at the OP who seems to planning an overstay.

Again sorry, nothing was aimed at you.

no problem, intent and inflection is not available in the written words on social media so easy to mistake what's being said 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

It happens to be their country, not ours. You want to flaunt the rules go home and do it. Most of us here abide by the rules but entitled people such as you indicate feel they can do as they feel, news flash you cant.

Oh but I can, and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it except come on here and impotently moan about the farangy rule-flaunters 🤣🤣🤣

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Oh but I can, and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it except come on here and impotently moan about the farangy rule-flaunters 🤣🤣🤣

I couldnt careless if you overstay. I am not responsible to low IQ people

• Thumbs Up 1