Thailand moves to ban recreational cannabis use, 18 months after historic decriminalization

webfact

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

i thought me saying it was a hypothetical scenario cleared that up. i don't even live in pattaya so theres that. 

As was mine. The point stands. Why would someone offended by lady bars and all that goes with it choose to go to that specific area of a town when there are multiple other places in town that offer exactly what the people wants?

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, stoner said:

it should also be noted that the vast majority of all cannabis stores in thailand are concentrated in the high traffic tourist areas. once you venture away the frequency of stores drops off dramatically. i notice no one wants to address that.

i can't go to my restaurant now because of the stink. said people who live in tourist areas. anyone in nakhorn nowhere want to chime in about how their local restaurant.... cant go now due to stanky cannabis. 

so with that known most thai are not exposed to all this fear and blabber nonsense spouted on here regarding cannabis. 

No weed stores in Chanthaburi. Legal, not legal - no one here cares.

1 minute ago, stoner said:

it should also be noted that the vast majority of all cannabis stores in thailand are concentrated in the high traffic tourist areas. once you venture away the frequency of stores drops off dramatically. i notice no one wants to address that.

I live in Non and would struggle to see a farang each day. Plenty of weeks shops near me. I also mentioned one in a previous post in this thread regarding the weedshop, cafe and bar.

Now you agree that most of the weed shops are in tourist areas. great. So do you agree or disagree that some tourists would be turned off by the blatant advertisement of weed? Now you may mention lady bars, yes. But tourists have been aware of this for years and still come with families. Will those same families still come when weed is so readily visible and accessible.

if you are going to continue to ignore the pertinent points and counter them logically, you don't need to reply. of course you can, but you don't need to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

a certain group who control a large part of entertainment down on suk also control the cannabis shops. 

It would be interesting to see their books, and whether their booze sales and profits suffered more (or less) than their weed sales grew.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

the positive far outweighs the negative. someone who didn't want to go to KSR because of weed went to another spot in thailand and spent their money. win win. 

But would that other spot be a high tourist spot like KSR? If so, there would be weed shops there, too. And they may stay this trip or choose to move on to Cambodia or Vietnam instead. So how are you so sure they will stay. How are you sure they will be a repeat holiday maker in future.

Again, you are using confirmation bias and unfounded assumptions and Bangkok Post translated stories. And it is not helping your argument at all.

Edited by LS24
added
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No weed stores in Chanthaburi. Legal, not legal - no one here cares.

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

yes i am aware that some people will chose to stay away from thailand because of the cannabis. i also believe that (without proof just anecdotal evidence) that far more people are accepting of it and do want to come here for the experience. 

the world is shifting quickly in its attitude towards cannabis as shown by the number of countries moving forward with new policies. 

Absolutely, outside of a few enthusiasts no one cares.

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

a certain group who control a large part of entertainment down on suk also control the cannabis shops. 

So nothing will actually happen then.

Perhaps some sort of zoning scheme to increase revenue?