US and UK hint at military action after largest Houthi attack in Red Sea

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep. Exactly the reason Israel will not allow Hamas to repeat 7th Oct and why the war against them started then.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

See you here on the next “7th of October”. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep. Exactly the reason Israel will not allow Hamas to repeat 7th Oct and why the war against them started then.

As you know very well you're completely misrepresenting the post you reply to.

But you really think this war will prevent Hamas from a repeat?

• Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You think?

I think differently and the reason I replied as I did, which also happens to be very true:

As to your question, of course there will be no repeats of Oct 7th. Israel will never allow atrocities to happen like that again from such barbarians. Having experienced, tortures, mass rapes, mutilations, execution's, burning alive and hostage taking, no, it will never happen again and why there is a war happening now. History will not repeat itself.

image.png.e658d6ba15edb9693f857d84bc7c724c.png

https://twitter.com/IsraelMFA/status/1746440712793571754

Thanks, but that's not an answer to my question.

I asked whether this war will prevent a repeat, you answered a repeat won't happen. So in your opinion, a repeat won't happen because of this war?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Thanks, but that's not an answer to my question.

I asked whether this war will prevent a repeat, you answered a repeat won't happen. So in your opinion, a repeat won't happen because of this war?

Cannot you not even read my post and response?

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

As to your question, of course there will be no repeats of Oct 7th. Israel will never allow atrocities to happen like that again from such barbarians. Having experienced, tortures, mass rapes, mutilations, execution's, burning alive and hostage taking, no, it will never happen again and why there is a war happening now. History will not repeat itself

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cannot you not even read my post and response?

Thanks, in spite of the unnecessary insult. A reason for a war doesn't mean the war will end the cause.

Edited by stevenl
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Go away, don't bother with the questions next time and you wont be disappointed.

You're better of not posting if you don't want to be asked questions.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course it wants a frigging ceasefire, its getting pummeled!  Hamas is in no position to demand anything when it still holds hostages and uses Gazans as human shields. They are terrorists, their demands are well documented, to rid Israel of all Jews and repeat Oct 7th again and again.

While Hamas holds 100 or so hostages it is in a position to demand a total ceasefire. I doubt that those hostages will get out alive if there isn't a permanent ceasefire and then some, we will see.

The best chance for a ceasefire is coming from Israelis. Thousands demonstrated looking for Natanyahu to resign.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

While Hamas holds 100 or so hostages it is in a position to demand a total ceasefire. I doubt that those hostages will get out alive if there isn't a permanent ceasefire and then some, we will see.

The best chance for a ceasefire is coming from Israelis. Thousands demonstrated looking for Natanyahu to resign.

Got the Hamas crystal ball out again I see. Can't even be bothered to check the correct number of innocent hostages being held 🤮

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You really think that if we gave into the Houthi attacks, they wouldn't find another pretext for attacking commercial shipping?

You don't stop a bully by surrendering to them.

Notice that the Houthis have stopped coordinated attacks since they got pounded? They may try again, but major volleys expose them to counter-battery fire, so, at some point, they will lay low and hope we get tired of patrolling the Red Sea.

Could also be simpler than that. Perhaps ships with israeli connections have ceased trying to transit through the Red Sea.

16 hours ago, Morch said:

Oh, you're doing that I-will-tell-you-what-you-actually-meant bit? 'Clearly' maybe in your mind. The way I see it, you're just looking for any bit you can twist, just to score a point - whether things were actually said or not, that's a minor consideration for you. That's how you role, and that's why there are less and less posters who engage with you.

Allow me to dismiss your nonsense about there being only one consideration relevant for Saudi Arabia's position. That you tend to over simplify these things to suit whichever current argument you're pushing is nothing new.

All of your argumentative stance stems from the fact that you don't actually pay attention to what people actually post, but rather engage in some imaginary points that you seem to think they should have posted. I clearly said that there are no good solutions - how is this different from from your last bit of waffle?

And yet again - you dodge. You do not address the futile nature of the 'solution' the author puts forth. Nor does this silliness address the fact that appeasing the Houthis once might very well lead to them repeating this trick whenever they want something.

image.png.a50243c107575ccd227d1e95edaf4f5d.png

• Confused 3

Opinion Piece

A regional war in the Middle East is already here

For decades a low-intensity regional war in the Middle East has been ongoing, but it took Hamas’s surprise attack on Israel on Oct. 7 to bring this conflict into sharper focus.  

For some time, a mostly shadowy “gray zone” contest for influence in Syria and Iraq has taken place. Occasionally, “tit-for-tat attacks” play out elsewhere in the Middle East. But now, the conflict is coalescing into a full-blown Iranian axis of resistance that’s been growing stronger for years. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/4405070-a-regional-war-in-the-middle-east-is-already-here/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1